This version is released a little earlier than originally planned, due to the release of the fantastic Raspberry Pi 3 – which our previous 3.5 will not boot on due to having out of date firmware. Along with Raspberry Pi 3 compatibility this release brings a bunch of interesting experimental emulators such as Daphne for emulation of classic LaserDisc arcade games, a myriad of libretro cores, and a few game engines. We’ve also worked around the pesky insert coin bug that has plagued the arcade emulators.
[box type=”download” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]You can find the links for the SD-card images as usual in the Downloads Sections.[/box]
[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]Installation Instructions can be found at Github: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation[/box]
Changes since 3.5:
Added Support for the Raspberry Pi 3
- Added new experimental modules:
- Daphne (Laserdisc Emulator)
- Libretro-Beetle PSX (x86 only)
- Libretro-Beetle Lynx
- GemRB engine (Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape)
- ResidualVM (Engine for Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island)
- Libretro-MESS (based on the most recent version of MAME)
- Libretro-MAME (based on the most recent version of MAME)
- Added EmulationStation theme Simpler Turtle Pi to the theme installer from Omnija.
- Added version details and uninstall option to the RetroPie Setup Script.
- Fixed insert coin not working on arcade based emulators.
- Various other bugfixes and improvements.