The popular smart Power Switch for the Raspberry Pi™
Only 33 left in stock
Only 33 left in stock
Smart Power Button / Power Switch for the Raspberry Pi (TM)
- Soft power button / power switch for the Raspberry Pi
- Clean system shutdown before cutting the power
- Supports toggle and momentary buttons
- Automatic detection of button type
- Smooth power status indication via optional external LED
- USB-C connector for power supply
- 2×6 pin header for mounting on the Pi
- Pin outs for optional external 5V power supply
- Additional switched 5V output pins
- No soldering required
- Software daemon for clean shutdowns
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Output Voltage: 5V
- Maximum Continuous Current @ 25°C: 7 A
- MOSFET Static On-Resistance only 7 mΩ
The PowerBlock is an extension board for the Raspberry Pi (all models). The key feature of the PowerBlock is a safe power button / power switch together with LED status indication.
The power button functionality allows to turn on and off the power to the Raspberry Pi with a toggle or a momentary switch without the need to unplug any cables. Before cutting the power it cleanly shuts down the operating system to prevent any risks of data losses. The PowerBlock comes with a USB-C. If you need another connector for your project, you can use a 2.54″ pin out for a 5V power supply. The PowerBlocks also provides additional 5V output pins that are also controlled by the PowerBlock. You can use these to power or control additional accessories in your project.
You can use toggle or momentary buttons with the PowerBlock. It automatically detects the type of button.
If you attach a 5V LED to the LED output pins, the PowerBlock indicates the power status of the Raspberry Pi; booting, running, shutting down – is indicated via a status LED with softly glowing signal patterns.
You can find an article with a detailed description of the PowerBlock, getting started information and a demo video here. The PowerBlock comes fully assembled so that you only need to connect a power button and, optionally, a status LED.
The PowerBlock comes without any optionals: no LED, no power switch. In this way you have the most freedom of usage and you do not pay for anything that you do not need for your project.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with us!
|Driver Source Code|