Tagged: 

Viewing 35 posts - 211 through 245 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Jassen Payen Im as well using the mupen-version, but for some reason I cant get the Zelda games to work, do u have the same issue if you try? Mine just freezes during intro.

whywilson1
    Participant

Can I get some help?

I purchased my Raspberry Pi 2 about a week ago and after reading through EVERY comment here I have realized that I cannot go forward with my plan on formatting it with RetroPie. I’m new to this and planned on using wireless controllers and a wireless keyboard/ trackpad so this has set me back quite a bit.

I’m looking into using the IMG Buzz put together but I still have yet to get ANY display on my Pi yet after about 8 hours of troubleshooting. I know it works as both the Red and Green LEDs are working.

Can anyone perhaps give me some help here so I can get this to at least display.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

guys, is the 32x running any better?

jrodger
    Participant

@whywilson1,, have you tried using the image from buzz as yet?

Have you tried using another display? Or maybe setting hdmi safe mode in the config.txt

I see you saying that you are looking at using his image? Download and flash it via the pc.

eliminat3r
    Participant

I’m using buzz’s new RPI2 optimised image, working great so far, having so much fun with all the EMUs.

However, when i run startx from the command line i encounter a whitebox (seems to be a mini command line, but i cannot type anything) in the top left hand corner. I cannot do anything else! Any Ideas???

I needed to enter the GUI so that i can configure my wifi usb adapter. I’m new to all of this and i was able to run startx on my older RPI b+ using the older retropie image.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The desktop gui is not included in the new images. Just do it via command line.

Boot up and press f4 to get out of emulationstation and get to the command line.

Enter this command: sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

Then edit the file to look like this:

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
    iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
    auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid “ssid”
    wpa-psk “password”

Replace ssid with you network name and password with you networks password.

When you’re finished exit with [ctrl]x. It will ask you if you want to save the modified file, press ‘Y’ and then ‘Return’ to save the file with the same name.

Plug your wifi adapter into the Raspberry pi if it’s not in already.

Reboot the Raspberry pi with: sudo reboot.

When it boots up it should automatically connect to your wifi.

zanmaru
    Participant

Hello,

Everything works fine for me except n64 emulation… I tried both emulators : one is very slow with weird sound and the other won’t even start. I believe I missed something because I saw videos of games running pretty well like SSB or Mario Kart… Does anyone here can share his mupen64plus folder with great config so I can play those games?

Here is my settings on the Pi 2 : gpu mem : 384 and overclocked in raspi-config using the “pi 2” option.

gizmo98
    Participant

An overclocked PI2 should run really fine. Do you really have a PI2?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interestingly on RetroArch N64 emulator I found smash bros does NOT run very well when there are many enemies (such as the second level). I had my Rpi clocked to ‘Rpi 2’ mode (is this the default setting?). Have not yet tried on Mupen – my resolution and sound aren’t working on that yet and I haven’t had chance to investigate/fix but did read some suggestions about resolution on here (currently when run from ES it is small in the bottom left corner using a HDMI-DVI cable with default ES runcommand.sh commandline).

zanmaru
    Participant

[quote=87289]An overclocked PI2 should run really fine. Do you really have a PI2? [/quote]

I got more than 512MB of ram, and 4 raspberries are showing when I boot, so I guess… Yes?^^ And it’s faster for psx or any other emulator.

slinkton
    Participant

[quote=87298]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gizmo98 wrote:</div>
    An overclocked PI2 should run really fine. Do you really have a PI2?

I got more than 512MB of ram, and 4 raspberries are showing when I boot, so I guess… Yes?^^ And it’s faster for psx or any other emulator.
    [/quote]

I seem to have the same issue. It’s a pi2 but N64 games are really slow if i put the image in the N64 folder and don’t load at all in the n64-mupen64plus. I do set the overclock to pi2.

It is the first attempt at a retro-pi install though so possible I have done something wrong though can’t think what it could be.

whywilson1
    Participant

Well I finally got RetroPie up and running via Buzz Img.

Now I am stuck on trying to configure my Realtek RLN8192CU WLAN adapter. I’ve looked at a TON of things online but nothing is working.

I have one question do I need to be connected via Ethernet BEFORE I can configure it?!

Any suggestions, or threads I should try?

EDIT****

Well I finally got the USB to work.
    What I did differently was unplug the adapter change the settings reboot the Pi then plug it in.

Now I’m updating the binaries…and my god this is taking awhile. I wish there was a progress bar somewhere.

lightthief
    Participant

So if you already have a set up, how do you update/migrate w/o losing everything?
    Got my rpi2 but don’t want to have to reformat everytime there is a new release.

whywilson1
    Participant

Well I tried Jet Force Gemini on the both N64 emulators…and to no avail.
    The Mugen one crashed. The other simply goes back to RetroPie. Time to try SNES.

EDIT ****

Well SNES works…but I’m now at Roadblock #57. I can’t configure my wireless Xbox360 controller, and my wired controller doesn’t even work on any games. WTF.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a working setup on a Pi b+ which was able to use a spintrak connected via an Ipac-2 by setting the advmame.rc to treat it as raw and to get the data from /dev/input/mouse0.

I just upgraded to a Pi2 and did a fresh install with the script, and it seems to pull down a Pi2 version of SDL. After using the setup script to have it use the dispmanx SDL for advmame, I can’t use the spinner anymore using the settings I had previously – a mouse cursor actually appears at the top of the game window and is controlled by the spinner, but I can’t get the game to actually respond to the spinner as input. Any suggestions?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

change to these settings in advmame.rc

device_video fb
    device_keyboard raw
    device_sound alsa

(ie – no more sdl) – you may need to re-add a modeline also depending.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

if you don’t get a working video mode with those settings, you might need some additional ones – refer to this post

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=290698#p290698

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Did you also change the “device_mouse” to raw again – maybe that will work too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a bunch Buzz! That seems to have done the trick. It’s too bad, the dispmanx SDL seems way more capable, but I think this’ll still work out OK.

yusef
    Participant

Does anyone have a fix for muoen64plus only appearing in the bottom left hand side of the screen? all of my other emulators i have tried are working fine, but this one is causing trouble. i am using hdmi to output

petrockblog
    Keymaster

change the screenmode to 640×480 by pressing m when launching the emulator.

Floob

[quote=87457]Does anyone have a fix for muoen64plus only appearing in the bottom left hand side of the screen? all of my other emulators i have tried are working fine, but this one is causing trouble. i am using hdmi to output[/quote]

Some video config options for mupen64plus here as well:

petrockblog
    Keymaster

thanks floob. BTW – I’d love to see a video with the new uae4all emulator ;-) You do a really great job with the vids.

Floob

[quote=87464]thanks floob. BTW – I’d love to see a video with the new uae4all emulator ;-) You do a really great job with the vids.[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll get that sorted after I’ve done the MAME guides.

tranceport
    Participant

Hi guys,
    was anyone able to get the GPIO Adapter 1.x working on Raspberry Pi 2? I was trying (SD-Image 2.5 Beta), but no chance to get a working SNES Controller.

Emulationstation says “2 Controller detected”, but buttons arent working (in Emulationstation an on the joypadtest) =/

cant even find the gpio pinout for the new Pi 2 O.o

whywilson1
    Participant

With regards to the new Raspberry Pi 2 NOT being compatible with RetroPie I am curious about a few things.

@Buzz I downloaded the Img created by you Buzz and am now running RetroPie on my Raspberry Pi 2 but when a new Img comes along say V2.7 will I have to download and write that to my SD card via WinDisk? If so doesn’t that delete all of my data?

Or do I simply need to just run the apt-get update on the raspberry pi? This is driving me a little crazy because I know it will be a possible headache down the road.

Also, what ROMs haven’t been working on your IMG. So far I’ve only tried NES, SNES and N64. The first two have been okay but no N64 ROMs work at all.

Thank you oh so much for your work! From this raspberry Pi newbie.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The best way of updating is to run option 1 from the menu.

There are posts regarding n64 earlier in this thread.

There are way too many issues on this thread now – please open new threads for new problems.

Chosen
    Participant

Running v2.5 on RPi2 Overclocked 1ghz, won’t play N64, SNES, NES,and won’t even show PSX games even though they are in the directory. Patiently waiting, this is my first project and I knew with it being new hardware it would take a while before the software was optimized for it. I’ve posted a few videos showing what happens; they are out of focus, far away, and of poor quality. The main reason is just to show most return to the emulation station screen, but some freeze up.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Please open a new topic.

chito
    Participant

what about a new sticky post with all issues and emulators listed. also use a traffic light system

issues and emulators in green = working or fixed
    yellow = currently being worked on
    red = known issue, in queue

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I don’t have time to maintain such a thing at least – development / tickets and progress etc is managed over at github.

whettingstone
    Participant

[quote=87477]The best way of updating is to run option 1 from the menu.
    [/quote]

Installing from binaries?
    Would it be the same thing to install from source?

Edit: apart from the obvious – taking much more time and probably being more up to date.

Also, about how much time does it take to install from source on a rpi2, I know that on the old one it could take up to 20 hours.

lastchance84
    Participant

clearly i am missing something here. i have a new pi2, retropie doesnt not work. what should i do? and i mean it doesn’t boot at all, just a black screen. i keep on hearing about a “buzz.img” that works, but where to download?

gizmo98
    Participant

Download SD card image 2.5 beta. All older SD card images have no RPI2 kernel.

xylan
    Participant

hi,

i tried retropie 2.5.0 beta with rpi2 and could not get zelda (mask or ocarina) none of them start (black screen)

got mariokart, mario64, castlevania and about 24 games running well but could not start zelda and i really want to play them so i would really appreciate you to tell me how did you get this to start

thanks by advance

Viewing 35 posts - 211 through 245 (of 252 total)
  • The topic ‘Raspberry-pi 2 compatibility’ is closed to new replies.