Tagged: 

Viewing 35 posts - 176 through 210 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    chdez77076
    Participant

I would just download the V2.5 from the downloads page.

CPS2 games work well on the FBA emulator.

darthchris13
    Participant

I guys, i’m new in the raspberry universe, i have the raspberry pi 2 model B. i’ve tried to install emulationstation with the 2.5 beta image available in the download section but it doesn’t works, i’ve tried lot of time in fact ^^. I specify that NOOBS installation with raspbian (not an image file) available on the raspberry website works well with my micro sd card. The micro sd card is a sandisk ultra 32 Gb HC class 10 ( it has not been purchased on ebay :) ).

Here is the steps I follow :

-Format sd card with SDformatter with complete erase option.
    -write 2.5 beta image with win32diskimage.
    -put the sd card in rasperry pi, power on and there is only a black screen, the green led doesn’t flash, just lighted.

It’s like the raspberry didn’t recognize the sd card. do you have an idea ?

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=86985]Mupen64plus (romdir n64-mupen64plus) now has working video out on the rpi2 builds (need to update from binary or source from menu 5)[/quote]

Hm I have just done this and now I get an error every time I try to load an n64 rom.

Error is:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: alsa_worker_thread :: [ALSA] Unknown error occured (input/output error).
    *** glibc detected ** /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch: realloc(): invalid pointer: 0x0086990 ***

malla
    Participant

[quote=86895]None of the main devs have a rpi2 yet afaik, so please wait until we have ours and can look into this further. I built the optimised versions in an emulated environment so have not been able to test anything properly yet.[/quote]

Do you know when you (or the other devs) will get your RPI2?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I have mine.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=87052]
    Error is:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: alsa_worker_thread :: [ALSA] Unknown error occured (input/output error).
    *** glibc detected ** /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch: realloc(): invalid pointer: 0x0086990 ***
    [/quote]

mupen64plus is not a retroarch emulator. I have no yet looked at the mupen64plus-libretro core.

You may be launching the wrong emulator.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=87059]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>adcooney wrote:</div>
    Error is:

mupen64plus is not a retroarch emulator. I have no yet looked at the mupen64plus-libretro core.

You may be launching the wrong emulator.
    [/quote]

Haha oops yes that’s very true. Didn’t notice es had two n64 emulators. I’ll check again.

Currently I get segmentation faults on PSX (with bin files in BIOS (all lowercase)). Has anyone else got that working? That is with Retroarch as well.

chdez77076
    Participant

Why are .zip files not supported for GBA anymore?

dparks
    Participant

I’ve managed to get my RP2 up and running without too many glitches thus far on your most recent image. MAME4ALL plays NBA jam very fluidly, and the PSX RetroArch emulator works like a dream.

Mupen64plus plays Mario 64 and Mario Kart pretty smoothly with n64 plugin and almost no other changes (Rice without tinkering was a little stuttery, but I believe this has been discussed). I still cannot for the life of me get it to run completely fullscreen (that is for output to match the height of my 1080P TV). It will output enlarged with setting in es_systems.cfg set to 1, or else it appears in the bottom left corner. Changes to gles2n64.conf seem to have no effect.

I’m sure with a bit more coffee and a lot more swearing the solution will be obvious!

Anyhoo, excellent work thus far, guys and gals!

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=87071]I’ve managed to get my RP2 up and running without too many glitches thus far on your most recent image. MAME4ALL plays NBA jam very fluidly, and the PSX RetroArch emulator works like a dream.

Mupen64plus plays Mario 64 and Mario Kart pretty smoothly with n64 plugin and almost no other changes (Rice without tinkering was a little stuttery, but I believe this has been discussed). I still cannot for the life of me get it to run completely fullscreen (that is for output to match the height of my 1080P TV). It will output enlarged with setting in es_systems.cfg set to 1, or else it appears in the bottom left corner. Changes to gles2n64.conf seem to have no effect.

I’m sure with a bit more coffee and a lot more swearing the solution will be obvious!

Anyhoo, excellent work thus far, guys and gals!
    [/quote]

I’m not also in basically the same state. Seems some of my PSX games don’t run but some that I am testing have been. Need to test more with mupen as I am not getting sound and I have the game in the bottom left. What is the variable you set to 1 to make it enlarged?

dparks
    Participant

Under the Nintendo 64 Entry (there will probably be two of them), there’s this line:

<command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus/bin/mupen64plus –configdir /opt/retropie/configs/n64 –datadir /opt/retropie/configs/n64 %ROM%” “mupen64plus”</command>

The “1” after “runcommand.sh” sets the output mode, in this case I believe it’s VGA.

eldraven
    Participant

Im having trouble to get Zelda to run on N64, 15-20sec into the intro it freezes and I need to do a hard restart.

Could it be that the rpi2 that is to weak in standard clock?

I thougth that it migth have been lack of power, but Ive been switching around and still get the crashes. Allways the same place as well.

EDIT: Im kinda new to rpi, mostly been running xbmc for it. But I need to reconfig my control for the N64 emulator since the buttons are mixed, how do I do that in the easiest way?

Have so far enjoyed it a LOT!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone, this is the first time I am posting in this forum, I am a tech and pc enthusiast but I am a total noob when it comes down to tinkering too deep with console commands & stuff… Bottom line: please be kind! :)

I set up a RPi2 with OSMC and it was fairly easy, now I bought another SD card which I want to dedicate for a simple emulation project (Rpi2 with RetroPie plugged to my TV).

While I was waiting for the sd card, I already installed Emulation Station on my PC and got it running so I know roughly what we are talking about.

I just wanted to ask you guys whether I should just get my sd card ready with the .img kindly updated by Buzz (thank you!) and then follow the instruction in the tutorial section of the site (https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation)

Thank you in advance for any help,

Gianni

cosmos
    Participant

PS3 install is broken in the last image from Buzz.
    I will now test image 2.5 beta

QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/hint.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/info.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/manage.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/manual.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/minus.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/plus.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/qtsixa.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/qtsixa.qrc
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/qtsixa_16.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/qtsixa_32.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/rec.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/refresh.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/sixaxis.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/sixaxis_16.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/stop.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/trash.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/ubuntu.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/undo.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/icons/web.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/(None).png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/(NOT).png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/2H4U.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/Fake Joystick 2.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/Fake Joystick.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/Final Fantasy VIII.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/Gnome.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/KDE.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/sixa_x.xcf
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/Super Maryo Chronicles.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/Torcs.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/UltraStar Deluxe.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics/Wormux.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics-NOT/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics-NOT/Firefox.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics-NOT/SMPlayer.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/pics-NOT/Totem.png
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/2H4U
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/ePSXe States
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/Fake Joystick
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/Fake Joystick 2
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/Final Fantasy VIII
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/Gnome
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/KDE
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/Super Maryo Chronicles
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/Torcs
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/UltraStar Deluxe
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/UltraStar Deluxe (Remote)
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/profiles/Wormux
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/keylist.html
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/keylist.txt
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/Makefile
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/qtsixa
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/qtsixa.desktop
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/qtsixa.xpm
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/sixad-lq
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/sixad-notify
    QtSixA-1.5.1/qtsixa/sixad-notify.desktop
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/bins/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/qtcreator/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/qtcreator/sixad-bin.pro
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/qtcreator/sixad-raw.pro
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/qtcreator/sixad-remote.pro
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/qtcreator/sixad-sixaxis.pro
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/bluetooth.h
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/Makefile
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/remote.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/remote.h
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/shared.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/shared.h
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad-bin.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad-raw.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad-remote.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad-sixaxis.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad.default
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad.init
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad.log
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixaxis.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixaxis.h
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/textfile.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/textfile.h
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/uinput.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/uinput.h
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/bluetooth.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad-dbus-blocker
    QtSixA-1.5.1/sixad/sixad-3in1.cpp
    QtSixA-1.5.1/utils/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/utils/bins/
    QtSixA-1.5.1/utils/hidraw-dump.c
    QtSixA-1.5.1/utils/Makefile
    QtSixA-1.5.1/utils/sixad-jack.c
    QtSixA-1.5.1/utils/sixpair.c
    QtSixA-1.5.1/utils/sixpair_kbd.c
    QtSixA-1.5.1/COPYING
    QtSixA-1.5.1/INSTALL
    QtSixA-1.5.1/Makefile
    QtSixA-1.5.1/README
    QtSixA-1.5.1/TODO
    QtSixA-1.5.1/manual.pdf
    /home/pi
    /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/ps3controller /home/pi

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Building Install PS3 controller driver

rm -f *~ bins/*
    mkdir -p bins
    g++-4.6 -O2 -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -pipe -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions sixad-bin.cpp bluetooth.cpp shared.cpp textfile.cpp -o bins/sixad-bin pkg-config --cflags --libs bluez -lpthread -fpermissive
    cc1plus: error: bad value (cortex-a7) for -mcpu switch
    Makefile:10: recipe for target ‘sixad_bins’ failed
    make: *** [sixad_bins] Error 1
    /home/pi
    /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/ps3controller /home/pi

Installing Install PS3 controller driver

checkinstall 1.6.2, Copyright 2009 Felipe Eduardo Sanchez Diaz Duran
    This software is released under the GNU GPL.

The package documentation directory ./doc-pak does not exist.
    Should I create a default set of package docs? [y]: y

Preparing package documentation…OK

*** No known documentation files were found. The new package
    *** won’t include a documentation directory.

**** Debian package creation selected ***

This package will be built according to these values:

0 – Maintainer: [ root@retropie ]
    1 – Summary: [ Package created with checkinstall 1.6.2 ]
    2 – Name: [ sixad ]
    3 – Version: [ 20150212 ]
    4 – Release: [ 1 ]
    5 – License: [ GPL ]
    6 – Group: [ checkinstall ]
    7 – Architecture: [ armhf ]
    8 – Source location: [ sixad ]
    9 – Alternate source location: [ ]
    10 – Requires: [ ]
    11 – Provides: [ sixad ]
    12 – Conflicts: [ ]
    13 – Replaces: [ ]

Enter a number to change any of them or press ENTER to continue:

Installing with make install…

========================= Installation results ===========================
    install -d /etc/default/
    install -d /etc/init.d/
    install -d /etc/logrotate.d/
    install -d /usr/bin/
    install -d /usr/sbin/
    install -d /var/lib/sixad/
    install -d /var/lib/sixad/profiles/
    install -m 644 sixad.default /etc/default/sixad
    install -m 755 sixad.init /etc/init.d/sixad
    install -m 644 sixad.log /etc/logrotate.d/sixad
    install -m 755 sixad /usr/bin/
    install -m 755 bins/sixad-bin /usr/sbin/
    install: cannot stat `bins/sixad-bin’: No such file or directory
    Makefile:21: recipe for target ‘install’ failed
    make: *** [install] Error 1

**** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Restoring overwritten files from backup…OK

Cleaning up…OK

Bye.

update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/ps3controller/sixpair' ->/opt/retropie/supplementary/ps3controller/sixpair’
    /home/pi
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/ps3controller /home/pi

Jassen Payen
    Participant

Hi,

I initially got Buzz’s image at the weekend, and have been playing about with the RPi 2, experimenting with the emulators, and also getting the controls right for the XBOX 360 wireless controller. I did an update of the script and binaries last night and things appear to be going quite well…

* Currently the default Mame4all is working well, haven’t tried advmame yet.

* Default SNES is working best (PocketSnes), things work OK with pisnes and snes9x, but the controls are very slightly laggy, and certain games don’t work (starwing, and SMRPG)

* Both FBA emulators work, although currently using PIFBA. Might switch to default retroarch version to obtain the ability to save/load state.

* Using default Genesis emulator, and working well.

* Default N64 emulator is not working for me, possibly because I only tried with zipped roms. I have switched to mupen64plus, and after fixing the controls, it works almost full speed on what I’ve tested so far.

* SCUMMVM is fantastic! Very unexpected to find that there is an MT32 emulator within this build, and it is very accurate. Also works with both the 360 controller and mouse/keyboard. Going to replay a few point and clickers again to enjoy the superior music!

* Tried both default gbc, gba, and NES emulators, and all appear to be working very well.

I will attempt to see how home computers fair soon, and maybe the PSX one for FFVII. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I plan to do more checking later on PSX/N64. I should be getting a new (and bigger) SD card today as I’ve been testing on a tiny substitute one using a mounted usb drive. Which image should I use? I did use Buzz’ from p2 but is the 2.5 beta on downloads better or Buzz’ latest version?

ryux
    Participant

Hello guys
    i got my Raspberry Pi2 and sold the Pi B+ on ebay.

I inserted my SD Card from the Pi into the Pi2 and i only get a Big Rainbow Square, no booting, no nothing. I use the same Power supply (which has enough Ampere) but i still cant get it to boot.
    It took me several weeks to have Emulationstation configured and everything, is there any way to Transfer the Files from the SD Card to a new installation ?
    Its all hidden partitions and i dont want to spend another week just configuring stuff

Jassen Payen
    Participant

Ryux, as far as I know the builds are different so you need to get one compiled for the Pi 2 and it’s Arm 7 architecture. Maybe grab a fresh build, and slowly copy your stuff across?

jrodger
    Participant

Hi, probably easier to use the 2.5 image from buzz. Or if u still have the b+ u can run the update and upgrade and then put it in the pi2.

yusef
    Participant

so just to clarify, if I have the 2.3 image on my b+ i can just run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade and when that finishes, it should be good to go for rpi2?

jrodger
    Participant

Yea, worked for me.
    There was one more I ran, can’t remember off the top of my head. Think it was sudo rpi update not sure if necessary though.

jrodger
    Participant

Sorry for double post. 2.5 image has recompiled emulators for armv7 so getting that image will save you having to recompile everything. Maybe just copy ur configs off and use that image.

yusef
    Participant

Yeah the only problem with that is I ordered one of these and there is some sort of customized retropie image on his site, not sure exactly what goes into it. it is a 2.3 image so that’s why i was hoping to use that one. i’m really new to this and have no clue what i’m doing, that’s why i’m so clueless :P

petrockblog
    Keymaster

the 2.5 is not optimised for the pi2. it will work. If you update the script and then binaries on it, you would get rpi2 optimised binaries. There is another image on my google drive that is optimised for the rpi2 – whether stuff is noticeably faster though is another thing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_knGioK16E6bkZ1M1VrQjZuR1E&authuser=0

note mupen64plus may need updating on it to work. There are a few other emulators too that have had changes since the image for the pi2.

I have only had my pi2 for few days, so am still working on stuff.

malla
    Participant

[quote=87058]I have mine.[/quote]

Nice!

I got another question: I’m currently using the latest image. Will it be possible to update from this to the “official” retropie image you will release one day (assuming that you WILL release an official image for the RPI2)? Or do I have to download the official image and copy it on the sd card all over again?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Yeh. but to be sure to get everything up to date you will probably want to delete /opt/retropie and then run the full binaries install.

m4chine
    Participant

just got my raspberry pi 2 yesterday and got retropie beta working fine so far with super nintendo sound is a little poor but i havent had time to play with that yet but looking awesome so far and snes is super fast and smooth so really happy cant wait for enhancements to come :)

jrodger
    Participant

Hey Buzz,

Anywhere we can keep track of what has been updated? Or is yours an independent build of the source? Would like to keep mine updated without re flashing.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

all changes are done on the development site on github

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/commits/master shows recent commits

(it is linked in the retropie menu on this site).

(I’m user joolswills on github)

jrodger
    Participant

Oh haha.. thought there was two really helpful people. Just you in two places. Thanks for helping me with the freetype2 issue,See you’ve now added it to the script..

petrockblog
    Keymaster

hehe welcome :)

cosmos
    Participant

Any fix yet for sound issues with mupen64plus.

I cant get any N&$ game working always exits with alsa error

gizmo98
    Participant

Please use /retropie/roms/n64-mupen64plus

whettingstone
    Participant

I’m also having problems with N64.
    I’ve tried putting both .n64 rom and .zip files in both folders (n64 and mupen64). ‘

What happens is that they change resolution, some text comes up (can’t see what it says as it’s too small and goes away too quickly) then it flashes “Xbox controller (0)” or some such in yellow text (not console text, this is some overlay) and then it goes back to 1080 resolution and kicks me back to EmulationStation.

I’ve updated the binaries for both n64 and mupen.

I just realized that I’m not sure if I’ve run mupen (probably) as there is only one choice for N64 in ES.

Any suggestions?

One thing I should try is to change to the other N64-emulator but I don’t really know how to do that. With SNES I just put the roms in the different folders and it gives me two SNES choices in ES (where one works great and the other has screwed up controls).

Jassen Payen
    Participant

@whettingstone there are two choices for N64 emulators in ES, basically the non-retroarch version where you store ROM’s (n64-mupen64plus directory) doesn’t support zipped roms, which is why the emulators may not appear in ES.

Once extracted into the folder it appears and works fine. I haven’t got the other emulator working at all.

Viewing 35 posts - 176 through 210 (of 252 total)
  • The topic ‘Raspberry-pi 2 compatibility’ is closed to new replies.