After rolling new images, fixing bugs, re-rolling we are finally there: RetroPie 3.3.
Major features of this release include
- Mupen64plus and Reicast controller configuration added to the EmulationStataion controller config setup.
- Playstation Portable emulator ppsspp included by default now.
- New exprimental module for OpenTTD
- Jessie images as BETA releases.
And many smaller bug fixes and improvements. You can see details in the change log below. The Jessie images are to be considered BETA as there may be bugs in configuration modules or emulators that are not present on the Wheezy version.
We plan to move to Jessie only with the next release so that we can concentrate on maintaining only four instead of eight images. Everyone is invited to give feedback if you experience problems with your RetroPie Jessie setup.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release!
[box type=”download” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]You can find the SD-card images in the Downloads Sections.[/box]
[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]Installation Instructions can be found at Github: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation[/box]
Change Log RetroPie 3.3
- Mupen64plus controller configs (including hotkeys) and Reicast (Dreamcast) controller configs added to the autoconfiguration script in emulationstation. Mupen64plus is now the default n64 emulator due to compatibility.
- AdvanceMAME 1.4 (replaces 1.2 – still based on MAME 0.106).
- PlayStation Portable emulator ppsspp is included by default (libretro version is default, the standalone version is optional).
- Removed cpc4rpi emulator, and added CapriceRPI which has many improvements over cpc4rpi.
- Updated libretro binaries including lr-fba-next updated to v0.2.97.37, and an improved lr-caprice32 which is now moved out of experimental and is the default Amstrad CPC emulator.
- Updates to Reicast emulator, which has been moved out of experimental.
- New experimental modules: OpenTTD (open source simulation game based on Transport Tycoon Deluxe), Wolf4SDL (Port of Wolfenstein 3d), Zdoom (Enhanced Port of the official DOOM source)
- PS3 controller improvements (added Gasia PS3 clone Support).
- Updated OpenMSX emulator (to the dev version 0.12.0+).
- Beta images based on Raspbian Jessie are included. They may have bugs that are not present in the Raspbian Wheezy release.
- New themes added to the theme installer (Eudora from AmadhiX, Tronkyfran from Tronkyfran, and Retroplay Canela from InsecureSpike).
- RetroArch joy-config tool removed (custom configs are now done through the RGUI or manually).
- Various other bugfixes/improvements.