Forum Replies Created
zrontronParticipant04/24/2015 at 23:45Post count: 14
Yep, doing that definitely made the left stick work in all emulators. I’m still not getting any luck past the Dual Shock detection screen in Ape Escape.
The only way I can get past it is by adding [pcsx_rearmed_pad#type = “analog”] to my retroarch-core-options.cfg file, but when that value is in there my controllers stop working in the rest of my PSx games.
Totally ready to chalk it up to the game itself, not too worried about it, but was using that game since it sounded like that was the one to use to test out analog stick functionality.zrontronParticipant04/24/2015 at 21:35Post count: 14
Thanks Dave. I did see that in another thread and tried it. It does seem to get me past the Ape Escape warning message, and I can actually play the game. However, pressing the right stick forward doesn’t elicit a response.
Trying to play any other games with the [pcsx_rearmed_pad#type = “analog”] line seems to simply break the controls and no buttons respond, but my hotkeys to exit still work.zrontronParticipant04/24/2015 at 20:23Post count: 14
By adding the following lines to my retroarch_core_options.cfg (/opt/retropie/configs/all) I was able to bypass the Dual Shock warning:
pcsx_rearmed_pad1type = “analog”
pcsx_rearmed_pad2type = “analog”
Mind you the game I’m using this as a test for is Ape Escape. It seemed to work, with the exception of being up to get the character to react by moving the right stick forward. Also, when I now try any other games, none of the control works.zrontronParticipant04/19/2015 at 20:37Post count: 14zrontronParticipant04/19/2015 at 19:20Post count: 14zrontronParticipant04/18/2015 at 18:03Post count: 14
These appears to work for me now. The aforementioned solution of completely removing all the pre-existing controller .cfg files and making it so only my USBGamepad.cfg was the only file in the directory seems to have fixed it.
I’m making a few of these for gifts (including controllers) so I don’t see an issue with removing all those pre-existing files, but it would be nice to know a solution that doesn’t involve that.
Thanks all!zrontronParticipant04/18/2015 at 17:48Post count: 14
I think I resolved this, but will follow up shortly to confirm.
I removed all of the pre-installed controller .cfg files from the RetroArch directory and re-ran the configuration utility. After that was completed everything seems to be working fine, my “Y” button is now mapping as the “A” button in Genesis as it should.
It appears that maybe RetroArch was loading up a different .cfg file for my controller rather than the one that was created specifically for it.
I’m going to try SNES and confirm.zrontronParticipant04/18/2015 at 17:11Post count: 14
Looking at the .cfg file RetroArch created, it appears to be similar to all the other USB Gamepad mappings:
input_device = “USB Gamepad ”
input_driver = “udev”
input_b_btn = “2”
input_y_btn = “3”
input_select_btn = “8”
input_start_btn = “9”
input_up_axis = “-1”
input_down_axis = “+1”
input_left_axis = “-0”
input_right_axis = “+0”
input_a_btn = “1”
input_x_btn = “0”
input_l_btn = “4”
input_r_btn = “5”
input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”
input_menu_toggle_btn = “0”
input_load_state_btn = “4”
input_save_state_btn = “5”
input_reset_btn = “2”
input_state_slot_increase_axis = “+0”
input_state_slot_decrease_axis = “-0”