Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • zrontron
    Post count: 14

    Hi all!

    I just installed RetroPie v3b2 image for RPi1. Everything is working great, but for some reason after I ran the RetroArch controller setup (from the RetroPie menu in Emulation Station) only two action buttons are mapping.

    I’m using SNES style USB controllers and the controller setup seems to detect every button I input, but only buttons A and B seem to map to the emulators; buttons X and Y do nothing.

    Any ideas?


    Post count: 14

    Looking at the .cfg file RetroArch created, it appears to be similar to all the other USB Gamepad mappings:

    input_device = “USB Gamepad ”
    input_driver = “udev”
    input_b_btn = “2”
    input_y_btn = “3”
    input_select_btn = “8”
    input_start_btn = “9”
    input_up_axis = “-1”
    input_down_axis = “+1”
    input_left_axis = “-0”
    input_right_axis = “+0”
    input_a_btn = “1”
    input_x_btn = “0”
    input_l_btn = “4”
    input_r_btn = “5”
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”
    input_menu_toggle_btn = “0”
    input_load_state_btn = “4”
    input_save_state_btn = “5”
    input_reset_btn = “2”
    input_state_slot_increase_axis = “+0”
    input_state_slot_decrease_axis = “-0”

    Post count: 14

    I think I resolved this, but will follow up shortly to confirm.

    I removed all of the pre-installed controller .cfg files from the RetroArch directory and re-ran the configuration utility. After that was completed everything seems to be working fine, my “Y” button is now mapping as the “A” button in Genesis as it should.

    It appears that maybe RetroArch was loading up a different .cfg file for my controller rather than the one that was created specifically for it.

    I’m going to try SNES and confirm.

    Post count: 14

    These appears to work for me now. The aforementioned solution of completely removing all the pre-existing controller .cfg files and making it so only my USBGamepad.cfg was the only file in the directory seems to have fixed it.

    I’m making a few of these for gifts (including controllers) so I don’t see an issue with removing all those pre-existing files, but it would be nice to know a solution that doesn’t involve that.

    Thanks all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.