Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just decided to try RetroPie today, and i like it so far. I also ended up purchasing a Trust GXT 28 controller. I did go trough some joystick config in the terminal, and what bothers me to most is that two of the buttons seems locked on the “turbo”-function. Now, since the turbo button isn’t recognized, i guess i would need some kind of drivers to enabledisable it. I have a feeling Trust won’t be so trustworthy when it comes to linux drivers. On the other hand, i don’t have much Linux knowledge. *Anyone got relevant knowledge?*

samuelellis
    Participant

Has anyone used the Retrobit wireless SNES controllers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrk68_hWbqs) on the RETROpie GPIO board?

smaug18
    Participant

I just setup RetroPie this weekend and I am using a Madcatz Street Fighter IV Pad for PS3. Works like a charm out of the box without installing any additional drivers.

wrichards
    Participant

anyone using “X-Gaming X-Arcade” controler>? would be interested in how it works befor comitting..

wrichards
    Participant

question on gpio and other USB options for arcade controlers:

I am ready to do some wireing and wanta build the joystick arcade button pannel. Im seeing a couple of soultions. the GPIO option and other using a USB converter board like Xin-Mo and a couple others out there. i wanta build a 2 player board, I read the xin-mo has problems with two player board.

any advice or pro cons for GPIO and a usb set up? Ive build a mame controler many years ago outa an old programable game pad and the joy/buttons… so not hard . Id rather have a set up that uses keyboard commands as I think it would be easier to re-key in retropie….

as always, thanks again for any responses…

InsecureSpike
    Participant

hi guys, i’m currently using an xbox 360 wireless controller, but fancy a change, do we know if the Logitech WingMan Cordless Rumblepad works ok?, i love the 6 button idea, on a modern pad

I’m thinking of just getting one, and see how it goes

InsecureSpike
    Participant

i can confirm the Logitech WingMan Cordless Rumblepad, works A-OK

VGMonkey
    Participant

I have been using two saitek controllers I was donated in a big box of wires. they have 6 face buttons and an L and R but sadly lack a start and select button :(

saitek-gamepad

I have also used my datel arcade pro joystick set in xbox 360 mode with no issues…

phipix01
    Participant

i built a gpio controller myself for testing, now i want to hack a keyboard and build a 2player joystick pannel. can someone tell me if this works with all the emulators? because i tested mine only on mame4all.

what are your best experiences with multiple controllers?

cheers!
    phil.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

hey mate, i’m having troubles with this game pad, i can get into jstest /dev/input/js0 but none of the button presses, any pointers would be great! thanks

[quote=4154]Currently using the Logitech F710 Wireless Controller. I haven’t finished setting everything up yet, but it’s working well for the menu and GBA.

Logitech F710

Just bear in mind that many devices see this as an Xbox 360 controller (including some PC games) – BUT the button mappings differ, so button mapping this thing may be a little counterintuitive.

It’s a great controller. A bit hefty, but has great grip and a good button layout (akin to the PS layout). It’s also the best PC gamepad you can buy – even Valve endorses it!
    [/quote]

edit:
    ok sent the controller back to the guy on eBay, got a refund, and bought a new one and worked out of the box!!

sewersurfer
    Participant

Hello,

I was looking into SNES type USB controllers for my retropie and want to get one off of ebay.
    I am considering these two sellers:
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/291089639180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/390786691172?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Does anybody on here have any experience with this type of controllers, or specifically the ones from the ebay sellers above? Are they any good??? I do not expect Xbox360 quality, but they should at least work properly…

thanks

eggdrum
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck using N64 controllers(nintendo brand) connected through USB? I already have 4 controllers and I think this would be the best option for me(also it has a good setup for playing older games).

jjd99d
    Participant

My build has xin mo dual. So I will be with something else like piplay until drivers get added. Hopefully in the next release. My friend has the same set up as me so where both waiting to see. Adding the xin mo driver to the source and then compiling is a pain. I like the layout of retropie. So I hope the support will be added.

sakis86s
    Participant

Hi guys. I want to built my retro raspberry pi but i’d like some help before i buy the joystick. I want to buy this arcade type (Please see photo attachment). It has 2 usb to connect each side. Do you know if this will work with the emulators? Any answer would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

phipix01
    Participant

hey guys, i would like to use two Playstation2 Controllers, with one Adapter.
    Since there is only one usb input to the Raspi but two different controllers, will this be a problem?
    http://www.ebay.ch/itm/Gamepad-Adapter-PS2-Controller-USB-Playstation-2-Joypad-am-Computer-Konverter-/170700860282?pt=DE_Kabel_Adapter&hash=item27be906b7a

or do you recommend buy two single adapters?

cheers!
    phil

EDIT:
    im sorry, i just found the post of @foob
    where he uses the exact same adapter as i linked. I guess it will work then :D

d4m4s74
    Participant

I’m using two original SNES (european) controllers using the Retropie gpio adapter. Seems to work, except for the fact that the A and B button seem to be switched when playing gameboy games.

sinfulangle
    Participant
    retchron
    Participant

In my first set up I was using these SNES usbs, http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Controller-Nintendo-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B001VDY808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398810942&sr=8-1&keywords=snes+controller

TERRIBLE d-pad. Just awful. Left and right would almost always register as up or down. And when you’re playing old games that mostly rely on timing and pixel precision (like say Mega man, Mario, Zelda and oh I don’t know, 90% of the games released on consoles at that time) it means you’re going to be frustrated.

So I bought a Bluetooth dongle (ASUS USB-BT211) and was determined to get my PS3 controllers working. Months later, here I am with only one functioning controller. I spent many hours trying to piece together the tutorial I’ve seen on the these forums and others. And it never worked. But, the method that DID work (and I just didn’t know existed) was using retropie_setup.sh.

Still that only works for one controller at a time apparently. I tried running the PS3 controller setup with 2 controllers plugged in, they will both connect independently but when you try them both only one works. I am using a USB Hub, so I don’t think power is an issue.

Any thoughts?

IIeBoy
    Participant

[quote=3475]Hi everybody,

the recent update of the RetroPie Setup Script added Support for the autoconfig feature of RetroArch, see https://www.petrockblock.com/2013/12/02/retropie-autoconfig-functionality/.

It would be great if you could post your auto-generated config files for your controllers here! I will add them to the project so that these controllers will be automatically detected and used when connected in the future.
    [/quote]

As requested, my 2 Xbox 360 Wireless controllers, which I use via this device: http://amzn.to/1lazqyz

/home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

input_player1_joypad_index = 1
    input_player1_b_btn = 0
    input_player1_a_btn = 1
    input_player1_y_btn = 2
    input_player1_x_btn = 3
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_start_btn = 9
    input_player1_select_btn = 8
    input_player1_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player1_up_axis = -1
    input_player1_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player1_down_axis = +1
    input_player1_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player1_left_axis = -0
    input_player1_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player1_right_axis = +0
    input_player2_joypad_index = 2
    input_player2_b_btn = 0
    input_player2_a_btn = 1
    input_player2_y_btn = 2
    input_player2_x_btn = 3
    input_player2_l_btn = 4
    input_player2_r_btn = 5
    input_player2_start_btn = 9
    input_player2_select_btn = 8
    input_player2_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player2_up_axis = -1
    input_player2_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player2_down_axis = +1
    input_player2_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player2_left_axis = -0
    input_player2_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player2_right_axis = +0

You also have to include the steps mentioned here for them to work: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

Hope this helps!

phipix01
    Participant

I’m using @foob ‘s config files. which he posted here
    I couldn’t get both controllers to work, maybie because they are a different type. But i hop I’ll get there some day.
    If someone else managed to get 2 ps1/2 controller working with such a ps1/2-usb-Adapter I’d be quite happy to see his config files and hear how he’s done it.

foob
    Participant

I’ve just noticed this post now, and assuming you got the adapter you posted to my original thread then it appears to be the ext same brand. It should work fine, or at least it does for me. All i can really think of why it doesnt is that either you aren’t turning the controllers “on” before use (which would be to press the analogue button on the controller so it shows red), or that my configs were built on 1.8.1 and don’t copy over to 1.9.1

I’m doing a 1.9.1 build now with same controllers so when im done ill reupload them after they are set up. Out of curiosity though, you say you couldnt get both controllers to work, so does that mean one of them did? or neither?

matumbo
    Participant

Has anyone tried to use an android phone or tablet as a controller over BT or wifi?

mo55sey
    Participant

im using 2 ps2 controllers on the GPIO, saves on usb space as i boot from usb,

zoot
    Participant

@mo55sey – any config info that you can provide about using two ps2 controllers on the gpio would be appreciated. I saw your pis2 build, and it looked very nice. I have 2 ps2 arcade sticks that I’m strongly considering using in a build.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Xbox wired controller works great.

For the Xin-Mo Xin-Mo Dual Arcade I was pulling my hair out for a while wondering why up and left didn’t work but saw on the blog a workaround. Is this something that will be incorporated into v2 as standard?

Am loving the look of the Retrolink Snes controllers – think they will be my next purchase!

jarkokoo
    Participant

Hori RAP VX SA “Kai”

Sakis

I’ve finished my Retro Pi using a PiBow wooden case Case , PiGlow for retro lightning PiGlow , Heat sink with mini fan for better cooling and a full size double arcade joystick Joystick .
    I only play MAME games. I never liked other games. All MAME roms (about 2000 games) work like a charm with this double joystick! I’m in love with my Pi!

smatticus
    Participant

Grabbed a set of 2 super famicom-colored usb snes controllers off of ebay for ~$12. They feel pretty good for the price. Played a good chunk of mk2 and super c which both require some precise button presses and they did just fine.

capeman
    Participant

Logitech Precision gamepad. Best emulator gamepad ever made… but being discontinued, good luck finding them anymore.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For folks using PS2/PS3 controllers via usb:

In the latest version of retropie (2.2) were you able to connect your controllers and use them within the emulators without the need to configure? Also, is there somewhere with controller config files available online for all of the more common controllers?

I’ve got my tomec SNES clone working fine, but it feels flimsy in my hand and would prefer a better quality controller (like a PS2 controller).

cdu13a
    Participant

I have 2 Raspberry Pi with RetroPie installed.

On my work room Pi I have recently been using a pair of PS4 controllers, over Bluetooth. They work quite well, and so far are my preferred controller. (I will post the auto config file and a how to when I get a chance.)

On the Pi in the living room I’m using a pair of PS3 controllers again over Bluetooth.

Previously had Xbox 360 Wireless controllers, which seemed to cause things to run a little slower.

I also have setup Original NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and PS2 controllers connected via a GPIO adapter. While kind of cool using original controllers, the nostalgia for wired controllers that hurt your thumbs wore off fast. Its also not an easy or cheap setup to duplicate if you plan on doing multiple builds.

cdu13a
    Participant

Here is my RetroArch auto config file for use with the Playstation 4 Controller. I’m using the controller over bluetooth with out using the ds4drv software. (I found ds4drv made the controller input lag to much)

/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/SonyComputerEntertainmentGameController.cfg

input_device = "Sony Computer Entertainment Game Controller"
    input_driver = "udev"
    input_b_btn = "1"
    input_y_btn = "0"
    input_select_btn = "8"
    input_start_btn = "9"
    input_up_btn = "h0up"
    input_down_btn = "h0down"
    input_left_btn = "h0left"
    input_right_btn = "h0right"
    input_a_btn = "2"
    input_x_btn = "3"
    input_l_btn = "4"
    input_r_btn = "5"
    input_l2_btn = "6"
    input_r2_btn = "7"
    input_l3_btn = "10"
    input_r3_btn = "11"
    input_l_x_plus_axis = "+0"
    input_l_x_minus_axis = "-0"
    input_l_y_plus_axis = "+1"
    input_l_y_minus_axis = "-1"
    input_r_x_plus_axis = "+2"
    input_r_x_minus_axis = "-2"
    input_r_y_plus_axis = "+5"
    input_r_y_minus_axis = "-5"

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just found that the Xin-Mo Xin-Mo Dual Arcade usb joystick controller works straight out of the box now in v2.X without the need to install separately – great work, thank you!

jjd99d

As of 4-21-14 it did not support the zin mo dual or single. I’ll have to check that out and see. But Iam willing to bet up and left still have issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

>>>But Iam willing to bet up and left still have issues.

Nope, it all works. Emulation Station recognises the controller and correctly configures buttons on first boot.
    Configuring controller through RetroArch also works fine.

Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 186 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.