Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! RetroPie / OpenELEC (KODI) Dual Boot Disc Image

Viewing 35 posts - 176 through 210 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    skankster
    Participant

Smithers, thanks for your reply. The Vanilla version is working like a charm!

May I suggest something?
    I was fiddling with the Recalbox, which is also a “dual boot” version of a media center + retropie.
    I like how transitions are seamless on that distribution. I mean, linux line codes and texts and command lines do not appear for the user when you boot, start a game, change from media center to game station, etc. It’s more like a “retail version”, if you know that I mean.

Do you plan to do it on your next versions?

Thanks again for your amazing job.

haris1977
    Participant

Greetings

I see that this image works only for pi2. Any thoughts about a rasp1 version?

robertus
    Participant

guys i don’t understand why every time that i launch retropie, i need to re configure my ps3 genuine controller via bluetooth

edit: solved with sleep 5

lozzajp
    Participant

I’m setting up from the new v6 you made Smithers and can’t download addons to kodi. I guess it’s because kodi is a new version? Normally genesis etc. is right there and now can’t even download addons. Going into movies just brings up “title genre etc” and noting to search through.

smithers
    Participant

Hi all.

Sorry for the lack of replies to your questions – I’ve had my head buried in my laptop working on my next build! :s I will answer your questions soon, when I am finished testing the new build.

In the meantime, here are some things to expect in my new build (a direct copy & paste from my new readme file), which I should hopefully be uploading tonight:

############
    # RetroPie #
    ############

* Merged PiFBA, lr-FBA, AdvMAME, MAME4all, and lr-MAME4all into a new ‘Arcade’ system. This means you can put *all* arcade roms into one directory – /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/arcade/ – and assign any of the arcade emulators per rom. If you would prefer not to use this method then the normal functionality still remains the same for these emulators (with the exception of AdvMAME)

* Created a new script in ‘Settings’ where you can toggle between 16:9 widescreen and 4:3 standard picture format

* Added new games to the ‘Ports’ section:
    * Aliens vs Predator (Classic / Gold version)
    * Wolfenstein 3D
    * Brutal Doom (using ZDoom port)
    * Heretic (using Crispy-Heretic port)
    * Hexen (using Crispy-Hexen port)
    * Strife (using Crispy-Strife port)
    * Double Dragon Extreme (using OpenBOR port)

(See the various ‘readme’ files inside each new game folder for instructions on how to install and activate the full version games))

* Tweaked my boot video for a better transition into the ES logo (unfortunately I had to shorten it too as RetroPie v3 will not allow my old splashscreen methods, meaning the video is forced to play much later in the boot sequence)

* Themed the new RetroPie Settings items

* Changed the theme of FBA to accomodate the new ‘arcade’ theme

* Created Dragon32 theme

* Added disk art for the Zork Trilogy and changed the theme

* Changed Amiga art, keeping in line with other ‘computer based’ emulators

* Various subtle changes to my scripts

* Installed UAE4Arm, Darkplaces Quake, Super Mario War and Cave Story as standard and assigned artwork to them all

############
    # OpenELEC #
    ############

* Set up from scratch, again, and reverted back to Helix version due to bugs and incompatabilities in Isengard. This means the SD card corruption bug is present again however you can work around this by applying an update yourself via the following link: (I will add this when I find it!)

* Amended my ‘Launch RetroPie’ script for a more intuitive user experience and much more polished look and feel

* Changed the theme in certain areas for a better look and replaced the annoying (in my opinion) ‘Gravity’ default background of the Aeon skin

* Removed IPTV Stalker addon as it has gone paid-only, and replaced it with Zeus

* Various other addon changes / additions

mikegold
    Participant

Will it be possible to add (at some point) Blood and Shadow Warrior to ports? Those games are on the same engine as Duke so in theory it should be…

smithers
    Participant

Ok then, seems to be working fine so here is a link to v7 – RetroPie / OpenELEC Dual-Boot (tweaked build):

[link removed]

Dropbox link
    I will upload to Dropbox tomorrow as it is going too slow right now for some reason.

Changes are as mentioned above but as always please read ‘README.TXT’ file for full instructions and troubleshooting etc.

Let me know how you get on and what you think of the changes. I will answer questions tomorrow as it is way past my bedtime right now. ;)

All the best.
    Steve

robertus
    Participant

thanks for that smith

about sd corruption in kodi helix, means that can i risk my sd physically ?
    if is like that, maybe is better isengard, anyway i’m very noob, so please forgive me for this silly question.

another question is about mame4all that doesn’t work bluetooth command with ps3 controller and in 2.6 retropie works, is possible restore it? because is impossible remap the controller via bluetooth in mame4all, but in advmame works without problem, and you can remap all buttons.

thanks a lot to share with us

smithers
    Participant

[quote=104367]sorry but what change about vanilla? i don’t understand this “vanilla” what is
    [/quote]

Hi.

A ‘Vanilla’ version means that there are no tweaks or changes applied. My Vanilla builds offer a standard version of RetroPie and OpenELEC with the only change being a script that I created to switch between the 2 operating systems. Hope this makes sense.

[quote=104510] A few questions whilst im here. Can i add a pre made kodi set up (the beast build from the wizzard) on to the kodi software without it messing up the retropie cross over?

Also if i make changes to kodi and then you perhaps bring out another build/fixes can i update without losing all the set up I’ve created? [/quote]

You should be fine to add any build that is in a .tar format (which I believe is the normal method of upgrading or restoring KODI), and it shouldn’t change my script, but I have never tried it myself so couldn’t guarantee. Maybe have a trial run before you set too many things up in KODI!

[quote=104604]May I suggest something?
    I was fiddling with the Recalbox, which is also a “dual boot” version of a media center + retropie.
    I like how transitions are seamless on that distribution. I mean, linux line codes and texts and command lines do not appear for the user when you boot, start a game, change from media center to game station, etc. It’s more like a “retail version”, if you know that I mean.

Do you plan to do it on your next versions?[/quote]

I had already implemented this from the start! All you need to do is go into the ‘Settings’ menu and choose ‘Turn off Comand Line Access’ and all Linux text will be hidden! :)

[quote=104678]Greetings

I see that this image works only for pi2. Any thoughts about a rasp1 version?

[/quote]

Sorry, but I don’t own a Pi 1 any more so won’t be able to as I don’t believe the Pi1 software will boot on a Pi2. I could recommend buying a Pi2 instead – its much better performance wise!

[quote=104811]I’m setting up from the new v6 you made Smithers and can’t download addons to kodi. I guess it’s because kodi is a new version? Normally genesis etc. is right there and now can’t even download addons. Going into movies just brings up “title genre etc” and noting to search through.
    [/quote]

Yes I had problems too and that is why I have reverted back to using an older version of KODI. You can mix and match my images in the NOOBS installer if you are wanting a ‘Vanilla’ version of RetroPie – otherwise just use my new build (v7).

[quote=104869]Will it be possible to add (at some point) Blood and Shadow Warrior to ports? Those games are on the same engine as Duke so in theory it should be…
    [/quote]

I would love to and believe me I have been investigating this (well, I have for Blood anyway), however the source code has not been released yet so its not currently possible. :( You can however use a Blood Total Conversion in Zdoom which is pretty similar to the original. There is also a Duke Nukem TC however it seems to run slow for me? I will investigate Shadow Warrior.

mikegold
    Participant

I have noticed that by default Your system is using a little bit of overscan (black bars are visible around the screen), but going to the pi settings and disabling overscan fixes the issue. Also on OpenElec I had to go to the settings and remove it. Another thing is that I have noticed that if I delete Your preinstalled games, after going to console, log is showing that those files were missing. I’m not sure what exactly is looking for them but it shows in the console. I have also noticed that the emulationstation is starting in 720p for some reason.

Other than that, amazing job! Thank You very much!

smithers
    Participant

[quote=104928]thanks for that smith

about sd corruption in kodi helix, means that can i risk my sd physically ?
    if is like that, maybe is better isengard, anyway i’m very noob, so please forgive me for this silly question. [/quote]

No I don’t think it will corrupt the actual card, just the file system which means you would have to start over again. I have never had it happen to me and I have used 5 or 6 different brands and size of cards, but it does apparently happen.

[quote=104928]another question is about mame4all that doesn’t work bluetooth command with ps3 controller and in 2.6 retropie works, is possible restore it? because is impossible remap the controller via bluetooth in mame4all, but in advmame works without problem, and you can remap all buttons.
    [/quote]

Hmmm, I have just tested it with my own PS3 controller and you are right – MAME4All does not recognize any of the PS3 pad the inputs. I’ve checked the mame4all github and sourceforge pages but there is no mention of this bug. I could probably test out an older build of MAME4ALL to see if that fixed it but in the meantime I would recommend making a separate post about this issue.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=104944]I have noticed that by default Your system is using a little bit of overscan (black bars are visible around the screen), but going to the pi settings and disabling overscan fixes the issue. Also on OpenElec I had to go to the settings and remove it. Another thing is that I have noticed that if I delete Your preinstalled games, after going to console, log is showing that those files were missing. I’m not sure what exactly is looking for them but it shows in the console. I have also noticed that the emulationstation is starting in 720p for some reason.

Other than that, amazing job! Thank You very much!

[/quote]

Overscan is dependent on your TV – it looks perfect on my Samsung 48 inch TV but if I plug it into a different brand / size TV then the black borders re-appear (or the screen goes beyond the TV edges). There is no ‘one size fits all’ here, unfortunately.

As for the games being ‘missing’ – Im not sure what you mean? Can you explain what files you deleted and maybe a screenshot of the error?

I have set EmulationStation @ 720p resolution deliberately. I find it performs better this way without any noticeable loss of quality and there is less memory being used. All of the system background images in my theme (and also in the original theme) are set to 720p too, and to be honest I dont think there would be any benefit to gain by increasing it to 1080p as most emulators are running @ 640×480 resolution anyway!

OpenELEC is set to 1080p however.

mikegold
    Participant

I have noticed so far that disabling overscan removes the black bars on all screens I have at home (65”, 32”, 24”). All full HD and all Samsung.

I was wondering what would be the perfect resolution for the emulators. I guess You are right setting the resolution this low. But what about the Street Fighter, X-man etc. from arcade machines? Are those also only native 640p?

I didn’t had the chance to check yet, but is Your build of OpenElec supporting advanced subtitles in the mkv files (on my old basic system I had to do this: sudo apt-get install libass-dev to get subs in mkv) ?

With Your newest build my old nemesis came back – Xbox 360 wired gamepad setup. Basically after installing xbox pad driver I can have either working in retroarch pad with blinking led (by setting it up according to retropie guide), or properly lighted pad working only in emulationstation. In the end I gave up, used my old basic pi backup and copied the “all” folder with all retroarch settings. Now it works as it should again :).

The error I mentioned before with missing files is visible on attached photo (the beginning of the message is cut, but it says lvl0: in each line.

Lastly… Is it possible to lower the space available on OpenELEC partition? I’ve noticed that I had to sacrifice a good few games for it, and if I’ll ever use Media Center, I’ll either use LAN or USB stick.

Thanks for Your help again!

mayki
    Participant

Hello Smithers, is there any way to update only sdcard partition with Retropie? I have installed version OpenELEC (KODI) Dual Boot V1 and I tuned OpenELEC and I would not like him set up your again.

grizzlema
    Participant

Smithers,

How did you get the transistion of your video to the ES loading screen so smoothly?

I have followed some other sources but i keep getting a flash of text before the ES loading screen comes up.

ricky182
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. It didn’t like the beast build on your v6 but I’ve set up your v7 anyway and I like what you’ve added so I’m sticking with it. Thanks a lot. You are a genius. Love the PS1 soundtrack when you open emulation station. So many memories! Buzzing :)

candyluv
    Participant

Hi,
    Love the work that you have done.
    I seem to have a problem when trying to launch Retropie. I get a black screen from the start and it freezes at that. The only version that works is the vanilla v6. Both version 4 and 7 is giving me the black screen and I really want to use your pre-configured version. Also if I launch retropi from openelec then when I restart it will automatically go to the black screen.
    Is there a way to rectify this issue.

Thanks in advance and again great work.

ricky182
    Participant

Candyluv, the build seems to run smoothly for me… Strange it doesn’t for you…

kamovsky
    Participant

v.7 runs very well and I don’t have any troubles.
    Can anybody tell me where I can change local and language settings?

haris1977
    Participant

What about sd card corruption issues? Are y facing any ?

I am asking because as the image is only installed to an sd card (and not usb) corruptions may be present (especially if you overclock your pi2). So any news about that?

smithers
    Participant

[quote=104950]I was wondering what would be the perfect resolution for the emulators. I guess You are right setting the resolution this low. But what about the Street Fighter, X-man etc. from arcade machines? Are those also only native 640p?
    [/quote]

The maximum resolution on the CPS3 games (i.e. Streetfighter III 3rd Strike and the likes) is 384×224 (or 496×224 in widescreen mode). Even on the N64 – the majority games are less than 640×480, with only a few games using 640×480. So to me, 640×480 is the ideal resolution. I would imagine this puts much less strain on the CPU / GPU and awards better performance with the emulators.

[quote=104950]I didn’t had the chance to check yet, but is Your build of OpenElec supporting advanced subtitles in the mkv files (on my old basic system I had to do this: sudo apt-get install libass-dev to get subs in mkv) ?[/quote]

Hmm, I would say probably not, but I have never used .mkv’s in OpenELEC so I can’t say for definite. If its something that is widely used by folk then I have no issue in including it as standard in a future build, as long as it doesn’t come with unpleasant side effects?

[quote=104950]The error I mentioned before with missing files is visible on attached photo (the beginning of the message is cut, but it says lvl0: in each line.

Lastly… Is it possible to lower the space available on OpenELEC partition? I’ve noticed that I had to sacrifice a good few games for it, and if I’ll ever use Media Center, I’ll either use LAN or USB stick.[/quote]

As for the missing files – what directory are you using for your roms, is it the ‘mame-mame4all’ folder or the ‘arcade’ folder? I have tried both with no such problems so I’m struggling to replicate your error?

Lowering space on OpenELEC – yes, you can lower the partition size to whatever you want (within reason). I have set it to approx 1.3GB and as standard it is using around 600MB of that space for the addons I installed. If you are planning on adding more addons then you need to consider they will take up more space. Anyway – you can set the partition sizes in the ‘partitions.json’ file in the ‘os’ folder of the NOOBS files. If you read through this thread you will find more detailed instructions I posted for somebody else (ironically they wanted to increase their partition size for OpenELEC!).

smithers
    Participant

[quote=104979]Hello Smithers, is there any way to update only sdcard partition with Retropie? I have installed version OpenELEC (KODI) Dual Boot V1 and I tuned OpenELEC and I would not like him set up your again.[/quote]

Hi. You can do this yes, you would just need to take a backup of your existing KODI setup then restore it within the new build. OR you can do a full .tar.xz backup of your whole KODI ‘Storage’ partition and replace the one that I provided in the ‘os’ folder. You would need to rename it the same as what I have named mine for it to work.

[quote=105020]Smithers,

How did you get the transistion of your video to the ES loading screen so smoothly?

I have followed some other sources but i keep getting a flash of text before the ES loading screen comes up.
    [/quote]

I had to amend my boot video for the latest RetroPie as it loads the video later in the boot process. I took a 1080p picture of the emulationstation loading screen and loaded it into my video editing software and had the ‘swirling galaxy’ video clip fade into the ES logo screen instead of a blank white screen. It turned out quite well, at least on my TV! I made the video quite long, around 20 seconds I think, so maybe yours needs to be longer? Also note – the ES logo takes priority over the boot video but the sound will still play in the background. You can use this to good effect if you design a video that fades into the ES logo.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105034]Thanks for getting back to me. It didn’t like the beast build on your v6 but I’ve set up your v7 anyway and I like what you’ve added so I’m sticking with it. Thanks a lot. You are a genius. Love the PS1 soundtrack when you open emulation station. So many memories! Buzzing :)
    [/quote]

Thats great – I’m not familiar with this ‘beast build’ however I find that pre-made builds generally contain a ton of addons that either don’t work or are not relevent to your interests. I spend alot of time researching and testing out KODI addons and I only add those that work and are good. I also like to keep it minimal. Pointless having every addon out there but only using 2 or 3 of them. It can mean your system spends all its time updating the addons when all you want to do is watch movies etc.!

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105053]I seem to have a problem when trying to launch Retropie. I get a black screen from the start and it freezes at that. The only version that works is the vanilla v6. Both version 4 and 7 is giving me the black screen and I really want to use your pre-configured version. Also if I launch retropi from openelec then when I restart it will automatically go to the black screen.
    Is there a way to rectify this issue.[/quote]

Hmmm… sounds like your TV may not support the resolution I have set? In my ‘tweaked’ builds I set the resolution to 720p / 60Hz as below:

hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=85

You could try changing the resolution to something different in the ‘config.txt’ file on the partition named ‘BOOT’. Follow the below link to find a list of options you can try:

http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video_mode_options

Seems strange though – your TV obviously supports 1080p as thats the resolution I set for OpenELEC, so you would think it would support 720p if it supports 1080p? Well, try amending the options in ‘config.txt’ and see how you go.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105057]Candyluv, the build seems to run smoothly for me… Strange it doesn’t for you…
    [/quote]

Glad to hear it! Works perfect my end so it puzzles me when it doesnt for others haha!

[quote=105071]v.7 runs very well and I don’t have any troubles.
    Can anybody tell me where I can change local and language settings?

[/quote]

Do you mean in OpenELEC? If so then you need to go to:

System > Appearance > International

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105084]What about sd card corruption issues? Are y facing any ?

I am asking because as the image is only installed to an sd card (and not usb) corruptions may be present (especially if you overclock your pi2). So any news about that?

[/quote]

The corruption issues are in the OpenELEC side of the system, however I have never encountered them myself and I have tried it on multiple different brands and sizes of SD card. If you do encounter SD corruption issues then you can install the update I included a link for in my ‘README’ file. This will supposedly resolve the issue. I will say though – if you have rebooted a few times already then I doubt you have the corruption issue. From what I have read it occurs after just a few bootups into KODI.

kamovsky
    Participant

[quote=105087]

Thats great – I’m not familiar with this ‘beast build’ however I find that pre-made builds generally contain a ton of addons that either don’t work or are not relevent to your interests. I spend alot of time researching and testing out KODI addons and I only add those that work and are good. I also like to keep it minimal. Pointless having every addon out there but only using 2 or 3 of them. It can mean your system spends all its time updating the addons when all you want to do is watch movies etc.!

[/quote]
    Smithers, how can I add the karaoke add-on to the main menu of KODI?
    I tested karaoke in your first build and I like it. Maybe you can suggest how to add an background image file or video to karaoke when songs playing.
    Thank you so much!

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks Smithers.

As i am about to try your image there are couple of questions about your project.

1) can you boot directly into kodi?
    2) when starting retropie from kodi, does the hdmi-cec changes its source? thus getting back to tv? (i had this problem using osmc+retropie when i enabled “send inactive command” through hdmi’s cec options). I wanted this option in order to revert back to my tv when i pressed “shutdown” in kodi..
    3) can you shutdown completely the rpi2 through kodi? (shut down command)
    4) can you update kodi (through the .update folder? This action doesn’t work in berryboot)
    5) can you shutdown completely the rpi2 through retropie?
    6) in your instructions you say “*I have set a particular theme (Aeon) on this build as it supports direct linking to scripts on the
    home menu. It is very important that you *do not* change
    this theme as doing so will remove the short-cut to RetroPie
    from the home screen of KODI. You could change to another
    skin that supports direct linking of scripts but you will
    need to set it all up again yourself.
    . What is the path for the script? Any other skins that support direct linking?

Thanks!

mikegold
    Participant

[quote=105085]

I didn’t had the chance to check yet, but is Your build of OpenElec supporting advanced subtitles in the mkv files (on my old basic system I had to do this: sudo apt-get install libass-dev to get subs in mkv) ?

Hmm, I would say probably not, but I have never used .mkv’s in OpenELEC so I can’t say for definite. If its something that is widely used by folk then I have no issue in including it as standard in a future build, as long as it doesn’t come with unpleasant side effects?

The error I mentioned before with missing files is visible on attached photo (the beginning of the message is cut, but it says lvl0: in each line.

As for the missing files – what directory are you using for your roms, is it the ‘mame-mame4all’ folder or the ‘arcade’ folder? I have tried both with no such problems so I’m struggling to replicate your error?
    [/quote]

1. mkv files with subtitles are quite popular if it comes to Anime. I know that not everybody is watching Japanese animation, but You can trust me, that there is plenty of us ;]. There shouldn’t be any side effects to it. It’s something I found through Google and it seems to just add the decoding of .ass .ssa subtitle files within mkv container. I know it might sound silly, but I’m clueless if it comes to Linux – Is there any way I can go back to terminal from OpenELEC and install it on my current setup?

2. If it comes to error, I’m not using Arcade folder, but it doesn’t matter, since I don’t have to install any roms to see it. To replicate the issue You have to do this:
    a) Install Your current modded build from the most recent mega link
    b) delete some preinstalled rom files
    c) reset retropie
    d) When in EmulationStation after reset click F4
    e) see the info about missing roms
    Simple as that :)

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=105088]

I seem to have a problem when trying to launch Retropie. I get a black screen from the start and it freezes at that. The only version that works is the vanilla v6. Both version 4 and 7 is giving me the black screen and I really want to use your pre-configured version. Also if I launch retropi from openelec then when I restart it will automatically go to the black screen.
    Is there a way to rectify this issue.

Hmmm… sounds like your TV may not support the resolution I have set? In my ‘tweaked’ builds I set the resolution to 720p / 60Hz as below:

hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=85

You could try changing the resolution to something different in the ‘config.txt’ file on the partition named ‘BOOT’. Follow the below link to find a list of options you can try:

http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video_mode_options

Seems strange though – your TV obviously supports 1080p as thats the resolution I set for OpenELEC, so you would think it would support 720p if it supports 1080p? Well, try amending the options in ‘config.txt’ and see how you go.

[/quote]

Hi again,
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.I believe you are right about it being a settings issue with my monitor I connected it to. I tried it on another TV and it works. So there is a strange glitch with my monitor.
    Is there a way to set it to Auto since I will be moving it about to different TVs/Monitors? For example would you recommend setting it to hdmi_group=0. Don’t want to be playing around to much with changing the settings in fear of braking something.
    Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    Thanks so much for making this amazing and simple. Yet I have a few problems that maybe someone out there can help me with. I cant seem to get my 64gb Samsung Evo micro SD to work with your build, and have to copy it using Win32DiskImager from a 8GB card, then resize it using Gparted. However I cant merge the partition allocated to retropie with the new partition as there is some small partition dedicated to “settings” in the way, so I can’t thereafter utilise all the extra space.
    A further Issue I have is trying to use a PS2 controller (which for all purposes shows up as a PS3 controller without bluetooth) via a ps2 to usb converter (nothing fancy) to work in any of the game systems, despite it working perfectly for all the menu items (and in other distributions of retropie, even after editing the “All” config file). I have even tried installing the PS3 bluetooth controller in hope that it would implement some PS3 basic button configs, but nothing sticks. I want to use PS2 controllers as they are just as good and dont turn my PS3 on when I want to retro game. Anyway, small problems, just thought maybe someone might have discovered a way around them. Thanks for all the great work = )

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105157]I cant seem to get my 64gb Samsung Evo micro SD to work with your build, and have to copy it using Win32DiskImager from a 8GB card, then resize it using Gparted. However I cant merge the partition allocated to retropie with the new partition as there is some small partition dedicated to “settings” in the way, so I can’t thereafter utilise all the extra space.

[/quote]

Hi.

Sounds like your 64gb card is being formatted to a file system other than fat32, I suspect exfat or NTFS maybe. NOOBS only supports Fat32 file system so that is why it won’t allow you to install directly (Im guessing you are getting a black screen when trying to boot the install files?). What you need to do is force format the card to the Fat32 file system. You can do this in gparted as standard, if using Linux, or do a Google search for ‘fat32 formatter’ (for example) and you should find a Windows program that will sort you out. There is no way to expand the filesystem once NOOBS has done it’s partitioning (or rather, I gave up trying), so that is why you are having difficulties expanding from your 8GB I image.

As for your PS2 pad problem, sorry but I can’t help you there in afraid as I don’t own a Ps2 pad. I would suggest starting a seperate thread for your issue, unless one already exists.

Hope this helps!
    Steve

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105120]
    Is there a way to set it to Auto since I will be moving it about to different TVs/Monitors? For example would you recommend setting it to hdmi_group=0. Don’t want to be playing around to much with changing the settings in fear of braking something.
    Thanks

[/quote]

If I recall correctly, if you don’t set any resolution settings in config.txt then the pi will request a setting from your TV, when running via HDMI. I could have totally made that up but I’m pretty sure that is correct. Try commenting out the 2 lines hdmi_group and hdmi_mode in the config.txt file (by placing a # in front of both of them), and you may well find that it works.

As for how my image will look or respond – I’m not sure. I have tweaked everything to be 720p friendly, however 1080p should also be fine (assuming it will choose 1080p since it allows it on the openelec partition).

Good luck!
    Steve

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=105260]
    If I recall correctly, if you don’t set any resolution settings in config.txt then the pi will request a setting from your TV, when running via HDMI. I could have totally made that up but I’m pretty sure that is correct. Try commenting out the 2 lines hdmi_group and hdmi_mode in the config.txt file (by placing a # in front of both of them), and you may well find that it works.

As for how my image will look or respond – I’m not sure. I have tweaked everything to be 720p friendly, however 1080p should also be fine (assuming it will choose 1080p since it allows it on the openelec partition).

Good luck!
    Steve

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I will try and play around with it when I have the time but will leave it as it is for now.
    Wanted to also know a few things:
    1) If you have a list of roms for each emulator that works well with your build, especially for psx and gameboy advance and snes. I tried mario kart but can’t recognize the writing so can’t choose the proper options but the game play it self was good. So if possible will be great if you can give some game choices.
    2) How do you exit a game/emulator to return to to retropie main screen. Do it have a button function? I’m doing this by pressing “start and select”.
    3)Will the Logitech rumble pad control work well with it. I wanted to get one of those.
    4)Which controls are already map on it.
    5)Last but not the lease, connecting a “3.5” TFT LCD Touch Screen Module 320*480 RGB Display”. Would it work and if yes, how to get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

mayki
    Participant

Smithers Hi, I have a big problem with a recently installed RetroPie_OpenELEC_Dual-Boot_v7_SS, does not want me to work wireless PS3 gamepad. The menu works OK, but no ROM (Megadrive, Nintendo, PSX) is not working. I’ve set up your in this video https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/video-guide-for-ps3-wireless-controller-on-retropie-3-final/.
    In the last installation RetroPie_OpenELEC_Dual-Boot_v1_SS (Retropie 3.0 RC), everything worked OK. Can you help me? In /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/ I have PLAYSTATION(R)3Controller.cfg

input_device = "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller"
    input_driver = "udev"
    input_b_btn = "14"
    input_y_btn = "15"
    input_select_btn = "0"
    input_start_btn = "3"
    input_up_btn = "4"
    input_down_btn = "6"
    input_left_btn = "7"
    input_right_btn = "5"
    input_a_btn = "13"
    input_x_btn = "12"
    input_l_btn = "10"
    input_r_btn = "11"
    input_l2_btn = "8"
    input_r2_btn = "9"
    input_l3_btn = "1"
    input_r3_btn = "2"
    input_l_x_plus_axis = "+0"
    input_l_x_minus_axis = "-0"
    input_l_y_plus_axis = "+1"
    input_l_y_minus_axis = "-1"
    input_r_x_plus_axis = "+2"
    input_r_x_minus_axis = "-2"
    input_r_y_plus_axis = "+3"
    input_r_y_minus_axis = "-3"
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "0"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "3"
    input_menu_toggle_btn = "12"
    input_load_state_btn = "10"
    input_save_state_btn = "11"
    input_reset_btn = "14"
    input_state_slot_increase_btn = "5"
    input_state_slot_decrease_btn = "7"
Viewing 35 posts - 176 through 210 (of 371 total)
  • The topic ‘RetroPie / OpenELEC (KODI) Dual Boot Disc Image’ is closed to new replies.