Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    whise
    Participant

I think i discovered why sound doesnt work in pifba binary and works in fba retroarch.

pifba is an older version of fba that still uses roms with a “*m1_decrypted.bin” file inside the game zips.
    While fba retroarch is a newer version of fba that doesnt need the m1_decrypted.bin

For that reason new version of roms (which i have) doesnt work in the old pifba.

brucelee1972
    Participant

Which games exactly, have no sound.
    Metal Slug 1 or which part.

whise
    Participant

Several games: Metal slug 4, 5 , samuray showdown 1-5

In some games sound works though super sidekicks etc

kitchuk
    Participant

Are you using the retroarch core version of FBA or the Binary version?

whise
    Participant

binary version

kitchuk
    Participant

Try another bios? I’m rally not sure what it could be. Sorry!

whise
    Participant

i have sound in the retroarch version…. its a shame since binary version is faster…

kitchuk
    Participant

Mmmm. It should be fine with sound. Does no sound play with both neo geo and CPS roms?

whise
    Participant

I only have neo geo roms. The sound problem seems to be in “more recent” games such as metal slug 4/5, and samurai showdown.

whise
    Participant
    dautonico
    Participant

I ran into this problem, using piFBA binary dated 3 november 2013, and my solution was to download the M1 files for the games with no sound, apparently M1 is a sound chip and some of the roms dont came with it.

whise
    Participant

can you send me these files or provide a link?

whise
    Participant

I think i discovered why sound doesnt work in pifba binary and works in fba retroarch.

pifba is an older version of fba that still uses roms with a “*m1_decrypted.bin” file inside the game zips.

While fba retroarch is a newer version of fba that doesnt need the m1_decrypted.bin

For that reason new version of roms (which i have) doesnt work in the old pifba.

Its a shame really, since the pifba emulation is faster.

peanut
    Participant

are the m1_decrypted.bin files somewhere so you can add them to the rom? if so where? ive tried one van emuparadise but I still get a “m1-rom error” for both ms 4 and 5

whise
    Participant

pifba is an old version of fba..

use the retroarch version, tweak it and it will run better then pifba and with sound

peanut
    Participant

The gngeo? That doesnt work at all (In my case) or the fba version that laggs in video and sound? What tweaks are necessary other then overclocking to make retroarch fba version work smoother/better?

whise
    Participant

Sorry i didn’t read your post correctly, check out this rom source: http://goo.gl/PPYkS7

I do recoment retroarch fba version to emulate these:

just set video_threaded=true and audio framerate to 44100

peanut
    Participant

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 1
    input_player1_a_btn = 2
    input_player1_y_btn = 0
    input_player1_x_btn = 3
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_start_btn = 9
    input_player1_select_btn = 8
    input_player1_up_btn = “h0up”
    input_player1_down_btn = “h0down”
    input_player1_left_btn = “h0left”
    input_player1_right_btn = “h0right”

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 9
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 8

input_save_state_btn = 4

input_load_state_btn = 5

input_player1_left_axis = -0
    input_player1_right_axis = +0
    input_player1_up_axis = -1
    input_player1_down_axis = +1

audio_out_rate = 44100
    video_threaded = true

# audio_enable = true
    # audio_driver = sdl
    # audio_sync = true
    # rewind_enable = false

Ive tried with the above settings and with the settings that are currently blocked off but the game just lags a lot. I’ve tried the max overclock aswell and still no effect… am i missing something?

peanut
    Participant

DESCNAME=FinalBurn Alpha (this one laggs a lot but has sound on all games)
    NAME=fba
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/fba
    EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
    COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/fba-libretro/fb_alpha_libretro.so –config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/fba/retroarch.cfg %ROM%”
    # alternatively: COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%”
    PLATFORMID=23

DESCNAME=NeoGeo (this one works smooth but missing sound on Metal Slug 4 and 5)
    NAME=neogeo
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo
    EXTENSION=.zip .ZIP
    COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%”
    # alternatively: COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%”
    PLATFORMID=24

trimmtrabb
    Participant

To get sound working in PiFBA with Metal Slug 5: Google ‘Metal Slug 5 Decrypted C’ and combine the contents of that zip file with the contents of the regular ROM and re-zip as mslug5.zip The process is the same for Metal Slug 4.

Hope this helps

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.