Viewing 35 posts - 106 through 140 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Zmachine

simillarian
    Participant

You are awesome for making these! I can’t wait until you are all finished :D. They all look great. Thank you!

tronkyfran
    Participant

Thx a lot simillarian, I’ll do my best ;)

AtariST, it has some nasty borders on the logo…mmmmm…..Ill take a look later ;)

I suppose I’ll do the falcon model too, its nearly identical ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sometimes I wish there was a like button here….

tronkyfran
    Participant

AtariST logo fix

tronkyfran
    Participant

atariFalcon

robertybob
    Participant

Great images as usual! Once all images are uploaded, what’s going to happen with the Basic and Detailed gamelist views? Obviously they’re the SImple theme ones at the moment, will that be changed?

herbfargus

Yes it will be changed (at least the colours will, I’m still deciding)

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is to herb, or tronkyfran

So I’ve been spending lots of time trying to make my imagination of the “tronkyfran theme beta” because I can’t wait till it’s finished lol , I’ve added all of the images to the “nbba” theme, I’ve correctly edited each theme.xml file to display the images to their respective emulators, I’ve also added the wireframes for each emulator and edited the theme.xml files for that as well, I’ve even added logos because the nbba logos don’t match the images tronkyfran created

But….the theme is still broken, it still only displays the first few emulators, which look amazing with this setup by the way, but something about one or maybe more of the images breaks the theme, same problem with the tronkyfran theme that is downloadable through the set-up script, do you guys have any input?

herbfargus

You need to increase your gpu split

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Advanced-Configuration#cpugpu-split

The pi can only handle so much with the way emulationstation is coded, so it has limitations on the amount of unique backgrounds before it freezes up (hence why we made the carbon theme to address those issues that were persistent with the simple theme or any theme with unique wallpapers.)

In the future I’m going to look into attractmode as an alternate frontend to see if I can clone the same themes from emulationstation and see if there is any better response from it.

There may be ways we can optimise the images somewhat to shrink the file size a bit but there is only so much you can do short of a more powerful processor or recoding emulationstation.

But as a theme on the PC it should have no issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks I’ll try that, what’s the best split setting? Will it effect my emulators in a bad way?

herbfargus

Just trial and error, just make sure you leave enough cpu for the system to run otherwise it won’t work. Probably shouldn’t go over 512 with a pi2. Might want to make a backup first just in case you accidentally mess it up (I’ve done it a few times ha ha)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried 320, no luck, eh one day I’ll get it, I’ll take a break for a little bit, don’t wanna trash my setup thanks for your help

tronkyfran
    Participant

Atari XE

Interesting information about the split, I didnt know. The fact is that I STILL have to test the theme on my pi. Shame on me!!! :O

This is being and interesting trip, I am learning a lot about the infinite number of computer and console system that were made in the 80s-90s.
    For example, I didnt ever heard about this Atari XE

tronkyfran
    Participant

Herb, then the emulationstation development is frozen, or stopped “forever”? I,m not into programming anymore but I suppose that dinamically load the art(although slower sometimes) into the frontend shouldn’t be so hard. I’m going to try to convince a programmer friend of mine to make a fork and rewrite that part(depends on the time he has,but lets have hope…)

herbfargus

Well, aloshi got a real job and hasn’t touched it since. I wouldn’t call it dead per se, but definitely at a full halt for the foreseeable future. Ideally we don’t want to have to maintain it as retropie would prefer maintain the emulators, but lately we’ve been thinking we may have to do some things to keep it up to date with our development.

I’m not against any ideas that would lead to improvement, and if someone is willing to donate their expertise then by all means its worth a try.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Pc engine image in slow progress, delayed because of holydays reasons… :D

tronkyfran
    Participant

pcengine

tronkyfran
    Participant

PC

tronkyfran
    Participant

Wii

ronoh55
    Participant

You make the wii look so majestic lol. I like it but it’s funny nonetheless.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Ports

tronkyfran
    Participant

x68000

tronkyfran
    Participant

ps2

tronkyfran
    Participant

Well, going back to this project again after holidays!!!! I hope it will be going at a steady pace from now on!!! Roadmap, there are just a handful of systems left!! :D

– Atari Jaguar
    – Saturn
    – Videopac
    – Virtualboy
    – Wonderswan
    – SegaCD
    – Sega32x
    – Xbox
    – Videopac
    – VirtualBoy
    – NeoGeo Pocket
    – Dragon 32
    – Coco

I know this is, perhaps, not the best suited theme for the raspberry because of the white screen of death and all the memory problems, but hey, I’m close to the end and I think it deserves a little more effort to get it completely done. If its useful just for one person then I’m happy ;)

tronkyfran
    Participant

By the way, what do you think about this : ¿?

herbfargus

I think it looks great :)

tronkyfran
    Participant

videopac v02, little retouches.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Real life work is interfering with last systems, damn. But, well, I’ve got a job at last, so that’s nice :D
    I’ll be back as soon as posible to finish the theme. There are some other things going on, like a splash video that looks(I think) pretty nice for now. Just a preview:

tronkyfran
    Participant

Neo geo pocket

robertybob
    Participant

Welcome back! Must be nearly complete now! :)

zigurana
    Participant

This is so awesome!

tronkyfran
    Participant

Robertybob, I wish I had more updates, sorry!!! Ill try get one more system this week.
    Thx zigurana, your work is way awesomer than mine, keep going!!!! :D

newparadise
    Participant

Where do I put these images?

tronkyfran
    Participant

Ok, mame remake, I wasnt proud of this one before:

Used the “Winners dont use drugs” recommendation by ronoh55!!!

Viewing 35 posts - 106 through 140 (of 142 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.