Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Background images

Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    tronkyfran
    Participant

ronoh55, I’m redoing the mame cabinet theme and will have the winners dont use drugs logo, I think its a good idea and a very familiar image for all of us ;)

ronoh55
    Participant

Awesome! Love it when an idea of mine gets used (though I’m sure everyone does lol.)

tronkyfran
    Participant

GameGear SEGA, two flavours, you choose.

ronoh55
    Participant

Power light isn’t on with the one that has a game lol :p

tronkyfran
    Participant

That`s true!!!!!!! :O Well, we can say that the led was broken or whatever….xD

Here it’s corrected :D

tronkyfran
    Participant

Gameboy, not very accurate, but I have not too much time to spend on this…

tronkyfran
    Participant

I have a roadmap now:

1-In this order:

sam coupe
    bbc micro
    wonderswan
    atariST
    megadrive
    turbografx
    saturn
    sega32x
    x68000

2-Blueprints of all systems.

3-To be remade:
    -spectrum
    -3do
    -Mame
    -Gameboy(improve buttons and d-pad)

And thats it, if there is someone interested on more systems, you can tell me ;)

herbfargus

Psp was just added yesterday ;)

tronkyfran
    Participant

Colecovision

I would seriously appreciate any critics that you can do!!! :D

There is one more vintage and one cleaner, what do you think?

And psp is added to the roadmap ;)

tronkyfran
    Participant

Famicom

Anonymous
    Inactive

These are great! Please keep it up!

I’m looking forward to the blueprints as well. Are the blueprint-like images in the Carbon theme yours? They look similar to what you proposed here, so I was curious.

My only nitpick is that I think the gameboy should be added to the touch up list, just to bring out the d-pad and buttons a bit more.

Great work!

tronkyfran
    Participant

You are SO right about the gameboy!! I know that there are incorrections in every model, but is important to keep going fast and not get bored, because there are a lot of systems, and I prefer to get finished the the more I can before going into modifications.
    So Ill get it into the todo list ;)

The blueprints in the carbón theme are not mine, Ill take a look, maybe we can save some efforts, hehehe…
    I have an early example of my blueprints in the first page of the post, you can compare ;)

Thx for the support, Its important for me to know that people like it!!!

ronoh55
    Participant

The carbon art (all of it, including the blueprints) is by Rookervik (go check out his splash screens on that part of the forums here. They are amazing!)

Those won’t save you any time though tronkyfran, they are just the controllers, and you are doing the systems like that. I agree on the GB touch up, but I’m sure that time will come.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Game boy Advance

tronkyfran
    Participant

Game Boy Color

tronkyfran
    Participant

Game Cube, (not very inspired,I know)

tronkyfran
    Participant

So, I was a bit stuck with gamecube and didnt like the result. I took a break from new systems and redid amstrad cpc(my first contact with videogames). Its been a busy morning but I’ve had time to model the entire amstrad and a test render.
    Take a look!!!:

Amstrad CPC

tronkyfran
    Participant

Final burn

robertybob
    Participant

Keep up the good work!

tronkyfran
    Participant

Wires of all the systems made(till date). The roadmap is going nuts, I know xD. I’m trying not to pospone too much but genesis/megadrive modeling is hard and I dont have enough time right now.
    I have A LOT of controllers without basemodels, I dont know how I’ll do the wires of those…mmmmmmm.
    “Probably” next one : Master System

PD: herbfargus, tell me if those .svgs are what you need ;)
    PD:2 I forgot finalburn.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Examples of the wires, black zone is transparent…

herbfargus

They look good- may need to play around with the thickness of visibily’s sake.

Are you doing all these 3d models in blender? Perhaps once you finish maybe we could also add those files to the repo just for reference if we need to make adjustments in the future.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Master System
    2nd version little adustment on up left corner…

tronkyfran
    Participant

The models are being made in 3dsmax, but I could make a library in a common .obj format and maybe they could get used in the future or by someone else. But I’m afraid that materials and everything else will be gone.
    I agree with the visibility and thickness, can you control that with code? Or maybe I should adjust it in inkscape??

tronkyfran
    Participant

Intellivision II (I did the II version because I had a basemodel, the version I is prettier but….

herbfargus

.obj should suffice. As far as thickness goes I don’t think that can be done programmatically, I think that has to be done manually, (and emulationstation is picky about how svgs are drawn in order to render properly) so I think we may just have to come up with a template that works for one and then just duplicate it for the rest of them. I’ll try with the ones you gave me first and then if its not visible enough, we can find a way to sort it out.

In the mean time the wallpapers look good (I’ve been adding them to the repo as you’ve posted them.)

tronkyfran
    Participant

Mmmmmm, I dont know how you change the stroke color,but if its similar to css conventions maybe we could change stroke width as well.

If its not possible then Ill do the work, its not so hard to do it in batch, dont worry.
    And the theme is going on nicely, thx for your effort!!!! :D
    If you have any comments on the images Ill be glad to hear them.

Im packing the models in a .rar, will put them here when finished. Maybe someone with more knowledge of blender than me could export some nicer wires to svg, in 3dsmax its a bit annoying.

tronkyfran
    Participant

nes

tronkyfran
    Participant

snes usa, next snes europe.

tronkyfran
    Participant

Retouch of snes_usa

tronkyfran
    Participant

snes europe

tronkyfran
    Participant

playstation

tronkyfran
    Participant

playstation update. Better and lighter iamge.

tronkyfran
    Participant

PSP

tronkyfran
    Participant

Neogeo

Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 142 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.