Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m really annoyed by these blinking lights! (pun intended)

I’m running off of image v2.3 and have attached an Xbox 360 wireless adapter…

I found that it works without having had to manually configure any drivers, but the one problem I’m having is that the lights on the controller don’t sync up (they keep blinking).

I have ruled out the wireless adapter as the issue, as using the same adapter on a PC gives me the 1 player light as expected.

I did a search and found a thread where they said to use this to set it up:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

My concern is that, since the controller automatically works there is a driver already being loaded, however I haven’t been able to track down exactly *where* this ‘built in’ configuration exists. Since I cannot disable the ‘built in’ driver configuration I’m wary about trying to use the configuration shown (and having multiple drivers running for the same controller at once as a result)…

Does anybody know any of the following:
    a. How to fix the lights on an Xbox 360 controller when the default drivers are in use.
    b. If loading the drivers via the command line is ok without disabling the built-in drivers.
    c. How to disable the built in drivers for 360 controllers under image 2.3.

proxycell
    Participant

Hey bobbyt,

I’m having the same issue with a wired xbox 360 controller. I will be testing out the instructions later today or tomorrow to setup the driver for it and I will let you know the results.

I wanted to ask you if you got the controller to work in any emulators yet. I have tried it in that “port” of DOOM and dozens of different SNES games but while the Emulation Station lets me use the controller, the games themselves don’t take any input from it still.

Thanks and good luck!

bobbyt
    Participant

You need to use a command line to to get the controller to work.

Check out the video posted in this thread (someone posted it for me & it got me up & running):

It got me up and running.

Just a note, not all emulators use this, but most do. I had to setup GBA controls by hitting (either F-10 or F-8) while in the emulator (a menu comes up that will allow you to configure the controls).

bobbyt
    Participant

Sorry for the Bump, but those blinking lights are driving me nuts…

bobbyt
    Participant

In doing more searching I Found my answers in the following thread:

The short answer is one must first disable the existing Xbox controller driver by adding the following:

blacklist xpad

to /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf

THEN follow the directions here:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

Unfortunately this leads back to my previous problem of not being able to run apt-get due to some weird blockage of my ISP (so I can’t do apt-get install xboxdrv)… So I’m stuck with the blinking lights for the time being…

proxycell
    Participant

i just setup the xboxdrv, i didn’t blacklist xpad, at least I didn’t do so explicitly on my own…

the blinking lights went away after running the ./retropie-setup.sh – did you do this too?

bobbyt
    Participant

I honestly didn’t experiment with retropie_setup xbox controller configs as I assumed it would just install the default drivers,,,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.