Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Remove xpad and use xboxdrv instead to stop controller light flashing constantly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    trimmtrabb
    Participant

Could anybody tell me how to stop the xpad driver from loading in image 2.2 as I want to use xboxdrv instead to stop the controller lights flashing constantly. Thankyou

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Sorted :-) To stop xpad loading edit raspi-blacklist.conf:

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf

Add: blacklist xpad

Then reboot and install xboxdrv:

sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

Then follow instructions in the wiki: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

(I used method 1)

floegeolf
    Participant

I would also like to stop the blinking on my wired xbox controller, so I followed your solution.

Before I tried that, the controler was recognized by emulatorstation and I was able to configure it to play games. But the LED kept on flickering (on my Ubuntu Desktop PC the controler is also recognized and the LED stays lit on Player 1).

After I blacklisted xpad and restarted, it wasn’t recognized anymore by emulatorstation, so I installed xboxdrv, chose option 1 from the How To and restarted. xboxdrv cannot find my controler :(

So I removed everything I changed, back to xpad and it works as before, with the led flickering. I guess xboxdrv does not find my controler (an unofficial one, recognized by dmesg as a logitech device).

What I don’t understand: What makes ubuntu recognize it and switch the led to player 1 while retropie won’t?

Any help?

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Xboxdrv does appear to have support for 3rd party Logitech pads: http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/

When you edited rc.local did you make sure a wired pad is specified? (–id instead of –wid)

floegeolf
    Participant

Yes, I did use -id instead of -wid. And I already compiled the latest xboxdrv on a previous retropie installation, which didn’t recognize my controler either. In fact, the manufacture id is from logitec, in demesg it’s recognized as a Microsoft Controler. It seems as if the device if is not recognized correctly (at least no on my retropie installation, as Ubuntu does recognize it – but I don’t see the difference between both. Too much of a newbie ;) ).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.