Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Which do you use Mame4all or Advmame?

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    g0nz0uk
    Participant

Hi,

Which do you use Mame4all or Advmame?

I found some games that ran slow in Mame4all run much better in Advmame. Plus I have a game which just wouldn’t work under Mame4all (missing files) work under Advmame.

Thanks

herbfargus

Generally speaking mame4all is optimised for speed but has less ROMs, advmame has more ROM options but a lot of the ROMs don’t run as well- some lag.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Sounds like we should choose both depending on how the game runs.

drvenkman
    Participant

In my case, I cannot get ANY games to recognize my trackball controller in MAME4ALL. But AdvMAME recognizes it just fine as long as I don’t have a mouse plugged into the Pi. So for all the classic trackball games like Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, etc., I use AdvMAME. Fortunately, those all run great in AdvMAME. For that matter, since the only games I play regularly were all made before the late 80’s, pretty much anything I want to play runs great in AdvMAME.

mavic19
    Participant

Short answer is: both. I test a rom in both to see which one it runs better in.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

I can’t seem to get some games full screen in both, do you change anything to force full screen?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to use both but I’m stuck with mame4all (not really a bad thing) because I cant get advmame to properly recognize ps3 controller inputs. It won’t map them correctly. I guess I’m not the only one, see:

Mapping PS3 buttons in AdvanceMame 1.2 / RetroPie 3.0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.