Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! RetroPie / OpenELEC (KODI) Dual Boot Disc Image

Viewing 35 posts - 246 through 280 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    candyluv
    Participant

[quote=105841]OK so I’ve had a number of people asking for a RetroPie / Rasplex dual boot image and I think I may have figured out how to do it. I was struggling for ages trying to get my script to run but then I realised that Rasplex wants Python scripts, not bash scripts! So a quick crash course on Python scripting and I have a very basic script that seems to work. ?
    [/quote]

Smithers,

Anything with adding “Raspbian or similar OS”, I’m not sure how to go about it. Really need some help/instructions on “HOWTO” if possible on how to add “Raspbian” to your image.

Thanks again for the GREAT work.

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=105437]
    If OpenELEC is displaying ok then tThat would suggest your TV is happy with 1080p, so try changing the retropie resolution to the following, which is 1080p:

hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=82

You can also change the aspect ratio inside the main retroarch.cfg file to suit your TV. If you edit the file you will notice that in the ‘aspect ratio’ section I have included (but commented out) a number of different aspect ratio codes – you can try one that works best with your TV (if it is a problem).
    [/quote]

I have tried changing the values in config.txt but without luck. I also changed #disable_overscan and overscan_left and right values:( No luck. Whatever changes i made to the txt file, no changes on the output.
    I assume that this kind of “problem” is <linked> to the small psx intro video (the one that is launched right after the retropie script inside kodi). This video also has black vertical bars. And ES continues to have black bars.
    So..maybe your psx video is the problem here? Is it in 720 or 1080p?Or maybe a wrong aspect ratio?

Thanks

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105866]I assume that this kind of “problem” is <linked> to the small psx intro video (the one that is launched right after the retropie script inside kodi). This video also has black vertical bars. And ES continues to have black bars.
    So..maybe your psx video is the problem here? Is it in 720 or 1080p?Or maybe a wrong aspect ratio?

Thanks

[/quote]

haha, trust me – the video isn’t the problem. It is simply an aspect ratio thing. I encoded the video @ 1080p, so it is hardcoded at that resolution / ratio. The problem lies in your TV’s inability to stretch the 1080p image to its own native aspect ratio, it would seem. I say problem, but its not actually a problem, more of an annoyance for you. Unfortunately Im unable to help further though – you need to find a setting in ‘config.txt’ that works with your display. The 16:9 aspect ratio I set as standard in my builds is the most common display standard around these days – it would make no sense for me to make a change to that as the majority of folk would be affected negatively by it (including myself).

Have you checked for a ‘zoom’ or similar button on your TV remote? You can often cycle through different aspect ratios that way. Other than that then Im afraid I can’t really help you.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105846]Smithers,

Anything with adding “Raspbian or similar OS”, I’m not sure how to go about it. Really need some help/instructions on “HOWTO” if possible on how to add “Raspbian” to your image.

Thanks again for the GREAT work.

[/quote]

Is on my to-do list. I’ll see what I can sort out and let you know.

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=105887]
    haha, trust me – the video isn’t the problem. It is simply an aspect ratio thing. I encoded the video @ 1080p, so it is hardcoded at that resolution / ratio. The problem lies in your TV’s inability to stretch the 1080p image to its own native aspect ratio, it would seem. I say problem, but its not actually a problem, more of an annoyance for you. Unfortunately Im unable to help further though – you need to find a setting in ‘config.txt’ that works with your display. The 16:9 aspect ratio I set as standard in my builds is the most common display standard around these days – it would make no sense for me to make a change to that as the majority of folk would be affected negatively by it (including myself).

Have you checked for a ‘zoom’ or similar button on your TV remote? You can often cycle through different aspect ratios that way. Other than that then Im afraid I can’t really help you.

[/quote]

Hmm thanks:) I will try different aspect ratios through retroarch.cfg though to see if i can resolve it.

Edit: A triple boot with oe+retropie+raspbian would rock:)

smithers
    Participant

OK folks, new build is ready! Here is the first on offer:

RetroPie v3 (my build)
    OpenELEC v14 – Beast Build

Please be aware the ‘Beast Build’ requires a 2GB partition!!

]link removed]

The ‘Beast Build’ contains every addon you could ever want or need, so if you want it all – go for this build, otherwise await my next posts for different builds, as below:

RetroPie + OpenELEC – My ‘minimal’ build, for those who prefer the minimal look but still with the best available addons

RetroPie + RasPlex – For those who use their own media server, rather than an internet streaming solution. **I am still testing this build but so far it is working**

RetroPie + OpenELEC + RaspBian Triple-Boot – ….maybe. I’m exploring options, but after I finished the others above.

Please be aware the beast build contains adult addons! :o

smithers
    Participant

As for the RetroPie changes in v7.2 – see below taken from my ReadMe file:

v.7.2

* Corrected filepath errors in my aspect ratio switching script which I stupidly overlooked in the last build(s). Controllers should work 100% now and apologies for the mistakes!!

* Added a few more games to Ports:
    – Rise of the Triad
    – Adventures of Square
    – ZBlood
    – Dinothawr

* Added Floobs’ Video Manager script, so you can now easily enable scanlines
    etc. should you so desire – see FLOOB github page (link at the bottom of this readme file) for full instructions on how to use this as I could not incorporate it into the settings menu

* Compiled (via RetroPie setup script) 3 new arcade emulators and added them all into my ‘Arcade’ system as emulator choices (they will also work in their original rom directories too):
    – lr-mame2010 (based on MAME 0.139)
    – lr-mame2003 (based on MAME 0.78)
    – lr-FBA-Next (based on MAME 0.161)

Some notes in regards to Rise of the Triad – I found 2 versions of the game that work on the Pi; one version where game controllers do not seem to work, another where they do work. Now in the version where game controller does work, it does not seem compatible with the shareware version of ROTT, so therefore I have had to use the version that does not work with controllers for the shareware ROTT that I included. I have however also included the ‘working controller’ version ready for you to use with your full version ROTT game files.

I am just letting you know this in case it put you off trying the full version of ROTT due to controller issues, however I can confirm the full version I compiled runs excellent with control pads! :)

ricky182
    Participant

Awesome! I timed coming on here perfectly!!! Nice work (again)

smithers
    Participant

RetroPie + OpenELEC (my build) links:

MEGA:

[link removed]

haris1977
    Participant

Smithers

Can you upload only the

– ZBlood and
    – Dinothawr files?

I assume it is a copy-paste only thing – into ports folder?. Or are they hardcoded into the new image?

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=105906]OK folks, new build is ready! Here is the first on offer:

RetroPie v3 (my build)

Please be aware the ‘Beast Build’ requires a 2GB partition!!

[link removed]

The ‘Beast Build’ contains every addon you could ever want or need, so if you want it all – go for this build, otherwise await my next posts for different builds, as below:

RetroPie + OpenELEC – My ‘minimal’ build, for those who prefer the minimal look but still with the best available addons

RetroPie + RasPlex – For those who use their own media server, rather than an internet streaming solution. **I am still testing this build but so far it is working**

RetroPie + OpenELEC + RaspBian Triple-Boot – ….maybe. I’m exploring options, but after I finished the others above.

Please be aware the beast build contains adult addons! ?

[/quote]

Hi Smithers,
    These are all GREAT and so are you. Can’t wait for the triple.
    Just one question:
    1) Which controllers/keyboards are already map to your image??

You are doing an amazing job.
    Thanks again for everything that you are doing.

DNArjen
    Participant

RetroPie v3 (my build)

Thank you Smithers!!!

You’ve made my day (more like the whole weekend!)
    Cannot wait to get it up and running on my Pi2.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105920]Smithers

Can you upload only the

– ZBlood and
    – Dinothawr files?

I assume it is a copy-paste only thing – into ports folder?. Or are they hardcoded into the new image?

[/quote]

The Dinothawr installation was not so straight-forward with it being a libretro module, so I will find the link that described how to install it and edit this post to share the link.

Zblood can be ran via the ZDoom port that you should already have from my previous build. All you need to do is download the mod files, place them in the zdoom folder in /roms/ports/ and make a script to run it – I recommend copying one of my pre-made scripts for Brutal Doom 2, just replace the .pk* files with the necessary one needed for ZBlood.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105934]

RetroPie v3 (my build)

Thank you Smithers!!!

You’ve made my day (more like the whole weekend!)
    Cannot wait to get it up and running on my Pi2.

[/quote]

You’re welcome – hope you enjoy! Let me know how you get on, I’m always keen to hear if it works for people at their end like it does mine!!

All the best.
    Steve

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105933]
    Hi Smithers,
    These are all GREAT and so are you. Can’t wait for the triple.
    Just one question:
    1) Which controllers/keyboards are already map to your image??

You are doing an amazing job.
    Thanks again for everything that you are doing.

[/quote]

haha, thanks, I try my best! :p

I don’t map any controllers or keyboards to my images, they should be ready to set up from scratch with your own personal controller choice. I thought about going down this avenue, but it is not such a straightforward thing to do unfortunately, and it would take too much time for me to set up. Also, I only own a Thrustmaster T Mini Wireless and PS3 pad myself, and I don’t fancy forking out for Xbox pads etc. :o

So in regards the triple boot – I have some questions about it:

1) How much space would be reasonable to allocate to Raspbian? If the intention is only to use it as a web surfing, file editing, proof of concept type thing then I would say maybe only up to 2GB? I guess what Im ultimately asking is – what are you going to use Raspbian to do? Maybe then I can use my own judgement.

2) Handling the OS switching – so its self explanatory with RetroPie and KODI (have a dedicated home page menu for both), however in Raspbian, I can only think about placing shortcuts on the desktop which will run my scripts. This gives the potential of the shortcuts being deleted of course, so I wonder if there is another way that I am maybe not thinking of?? Anyone have any thoughts? I can probably implement them into the start menu, so theres one option.

Please let me know what you think and I will take it from there.

All the best.
    Steve

smithers
    Participant

Please read r.e. the RasPlex build!

Ok I’ve had lots of issues and learning to do in regards to getting the OS switching script to work in RasPlex, but it is finally working! :)

So before I release a build I have a couple of questions for any seasoned Rasplex users out there, because I have no knowledge of Plex and have no desire to use it in the future so don’t want to waste too much time in exploring it myself:

1) How big should I make the RasPlex partition? The tarball I created from it is pretty small, around 320mb for the ‘storage’ partition, however this is before any user content has been added. I need to know – does RasPlex store all scraped art, info etc. on the Raspberry Pi or does it store it alongside the media location, i.e. on your NAS Drive etc.?

2) As far as I understand it, home screen menu items will appear when you sign in to Plex and you can immediately browse through your pre-set movies / tv shows / music collections. What I need to know is, what would you like to see as ‘standard’ home screen menu options when I release my build? As standard it is showing the following:
    – Search
    – Watch Later
    – Channel Directory
    – Games (my Python RetroPie launcher script)
    – Settings
    – Shutdown

Are any of these useless and can be removed or would you rather I kept them in (or added more?).

3) Backgrounds – as standard, the skin has a plain black background and looks boring, so I set a slideshow of movie / TV show images for it instead. Now I am wondering if this will mess things up for when you add your user content on there (my thought process being that maybe it shows scraped movie art, music art etc. when you link it all up?). Can somebody just tell me whether I should leave this blank (as standard) or add in my move art slideshow (the same one I use in my KODI build).

4) Should I release this in a separate post, so not to get lost in this thread? Just thinking that some folks who want a RasPlex / RetroPie setup may miss out if they are not following this thread?

……. thats all I can think of for now. I have this set up and ready to go and can confirm it works a treat, I just need to know answers to the above before releasing it as I dont want to have to keep amending and re-releasing it etc. when I have no real interest in RaspPlex myself! :oops: I would much rather have a seasoned user(s) opinions than dictating the look and feel of it myself.

Cheers.
    Steve

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=105951]
    1) How much space would be reasonable to allocate to Raspbian? If the intention is only to use it as a web surfing, file editing, proof of concept type thing then I would say maybe only up to 2GB? I guess what Im ultimately asking is – what are you going to use Raspbian to do? Maybe then I can use my own judgement.

2) Handling the OS switching – so its self explanatory with RetroPie and KODI (have a dedicated home page menu for both), however in Raspbian, I can only think about placing shortcuts on the desktop which will run my scripts. This gives the potential of the shortcuts being deleted of course, so I wonder if there is another way that I am maybe not thinking of?? Anyone have any thoughts? I can probably implement them into the start menu, so theres one option.
    [/quote]

1) I think most of us will only use it for web serfing..So a 2GB allocation would be ok

2) You could add a script (in a custom AEON home menu named Rasbian, and under that a “launch Raspbian” indication exactly like Games with “launch retropie”). From the Raspbian side of view – i dont know if it possible – we should hit power off/shutdown and going back in kodi..

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=105951]
    So in regards the triple boot – I have some questions about it:

Please let me know what you think and I will take it from there.

All the best.
    Steve

[/quote]

Hi Smithers The Great lol,

I believe 2 GB should be enough, Web surfing and maybe file editing/creating is mainly what will be done. So just really a good web browser, access to usb storage, media player and LibreOffice are just my main interest really with it.

As for the desktop shortcuts there is indeed the risk of it being deleted so getting it in the menu bar would be better but both can be done.
    And or also as “haris1977” said about when rebooting if you can get it to boot directly into kodi.

Have you taken taken a look at raspex OS (http://raspex.exton.se/)??
    If yes, what do you think about it??

I already have the beast version up and running and its great and I added the license for MPEG-2 and VC-1.
    I’m using a 32GB EVO 48 MB/s UHS-I
    What advance settings do you have for kodi buffering/cache on the build or what would you recommend for Ethernet and WiFi, (no cache or cache-amount)

Thanks again for all that you are doing for us. I can’t seem to thank you enough and I’m sure I would not be able to haha.

smithers
    Participant

Quick post before I go to bed. Just to say I have the triple boot up and running and it works a treat. Was a lot easier than expected.

I just need to create a proper raspbian logo and theme for RetroPie and it’ll be ready. Before I make a tarball of the raspbian image, please let me know what programs you want pre-installed. Not too many please, just the bare essentials.

In the meantime I am still awaiting a reply on what partition size to allocate RasPlex – can someone who knows please reply? I have this ready to upload, just need to know the right size to apply! Here is a video of it in action in the meantime:

https://youtu.be/jFP6THVNLWY

grizzlema
    Participant

I have been playing with rasplex the past few days since I have a synology NAS that I just installed the Plex media server app on. On the background image, i would not change it since it loads in a picutre based on the movie/TVshow you have brought up. for TV shows it will download the theme sound for the show and place it in the following directory /storage/.plexht/userdata/ThemeMusicCache I have downloaded 3 songs and the largest one was 909Kb. All the thumbnail images get downloaded to /storage/.plexht/userdata/Thumbnails ive got about 2.5 TB of movies and TVshows and my thumbnails folder comes out to 86,400Kb. So it does download some contect to the image. I do like the interface in RasPlex better than the PleXBMC addon for openelec but unless you can add more programs/addons to RasPlex I probably dont see myself using it unless it is in a triple boot system where I have openelec to stream and the RasPlex to view my home content. Granted I am working with 64Gb samsung EVO micro SDS card so haveing a dedicated 1 to 2GB partion for RasPlex doesnt bother me to badly.

Thats my limited experince with Rasplex.

If I knew more about noobs, creating the tar.xz, and scripting process I would make the Retropi/Kodi/Rasplex myself. With a baby due any day now i dont have much time to sit and read up on all of it.

I just watched your video on youtube and noticed you changed the theme in Rasplex, is this to make it so your script will show up? If there is any possible way to keep the default theme that would be awesome.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105982]I have been playing with rasplex the past few days since I have a synology NAS that I just installed the Plex media server app on. On the background image, i would not change it since it loads in a picutre based on the movie/TVshow you have brought up. for TV shows it will download the theme sound for the show and place it in the following directory /storage/.plexht/userdata/ThemeMusicCache I have downloaded 3 songs and the largest one was 909Kb. All the thumbnail images get downloaded to /storage/.plexht/userdata/Thumbnails ive got about 2.5 TB of movies and TVshows and my thumbnails folder comes out to 86,400Kb. So it does download some contect to the image. I do like the interface in RasPlex better than the PleXBMC addon for openelec but unless you can add more programs/addons to RasPlex I probably dont see myself using it unless it is in a triple boot system where I have openelec to stream and the RasPlex to view my home content. Granted I am working with 64Gb samsung EVO micro SDS card so haveing a dedicated 1 to 2GB partion for RasPlex doesnt bother me to badly.

Thats my limited experince with Rasplex.

If I knew more about noobs, creating the tar.xz, and scripting process I would make the Retropi/Kodi/Rasplex myself. With a baby due any day now i dont have much time to sit and read up on all of it.

I just watched your video on youtube and noticed you changed the theme in Rasplex, is this to make it so your script will show up? If there is any possible way to keep the default theme that would be awesome.

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, so it sound like metadata is saved to the pi then which is mainly what I needed to know. Thanks!

I think therefore a 2gb partition would be safest, or perhaps 1.8gb at a push. As standard out of the box it is only using about 300mb-ish so that would allow plenty space for metadata IMO.

I have removed all of my own fanart already as I decided to set it up and noticed it does display fanart based on your media, so that’s cool but thanks for confirming.

As for the skin – I’m afraid I can’t leave the standard skin applied as it doesn’t support custom Python shortcuts like the Aeon skin does so there would be no way to launch RetroPie. :( There may be other skins that keep more in line with the original theme and allow custom scripts but I’m not aware of them and they are not as straightforward to apply as what KODI is. I will keep looking though.

As for triple boot – I can’t see any issues in having a Plex / KODI / RetroPie triple boot. If folk would like it then I can probably knock it up?

All the best.
    Steve

P.s. congrats on the baby! ;)

grizzlema
    Participant

I went digging through the skin layout for the Plex load and i starting going down a rabbit hole I didnt really understand. My thinking is that the shutdown / reboot menu options have to be a script themselfs to send the shutdown / reboot commands in the background. It should be simple enough to add in another menu option to run a script file or chain of commands in the skin layout itself, but thats a bit over my head at the moment.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=105998]My thinking is that the shutdown / reboot menu options have to be a script themselfs to send the shutdown / reboot commands in the background. It should be simple enough to add in another menu option to run a script file or chain of commands in the skin layout itself, but thats a bit over my head at the moment.

[/quote]

Its probably a bit beyond my expertise to be rooting around in Python scripts and changing them. I didn’t know a single thing about Python until yesterday haha! If someone knew where the scripts where held then I’d be happy to have a play around though.

mayki
    Participant

Hello Smithers,
    something has changed in the game Quake? Version 7.1 build of me wants to operate PS3 gamepad controls. In version RetroPie_OpenELEC_Dual-Boot_v1_SS it worked OK.
    Which games folder PORTS going to control the PS3 gamepad?

Adventures Of Square
    Aliens vs Predator
    Brutal Freedom
    Cave Story
    Dinothawr
    Doom 1
    Double Dragon Remake
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Golden Axe Remake
    Heretic
    Hexen
    Quake
    Quake III Arena
    Rise Of The Triad
    Super Mario War
    Wolfenstein 3D

You need any special setup to be able to operate the PS3 gamepad?
    Thank you very much for the great job you’re doing for us.

robertus
    Participant

beast build doesn’t works.

I try a lot of times to format sd card in FAT32, then put all noobs files content in sd card (root) but when i turn on raspberry pi2, black screen and no green led.

candyluv
    Participant

Hi,
    For anyone that can answer.
    I’m trying to setup one for my friend and he will be using a *Rii mini Qwerty wireless keyboard* so I’m trying to MAP it for retropie gaming.
    Do anyone have a recommendation/listing for what buttons I should put for a particular function.
    It would be much appreciated for some assistance in that area.
    Thanks in advance.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=106014]beast build doesn’t works.

I try a lot of times to format sd card in FAT32, then put all noobs files content in sd card (root) but when i turn on raspberry pi2, black screen and no green led.

[/quote]

I’m afraid you are mistaken, the beast build works fine, if you read just a few posts above you will see that others have got it running fine so please don’t post such statements as “beast build doesn’t work”. If its not working for you then its something wrong at your end that you need to try and fix yourself.

I’m trying to make this process as simple as possible for people to set up but I can only help so much, there is always an element of learning and troubleshooting for yourself. Indeed that is the whole intended purpose of the Pi – a learning tool.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=106001]Hello Smithers,
    something has changed in the game Quake? Version 7.1 build of me wants to operate PS3 gamepad controls. In version RetroPie_OpenELEC_Dual-Boot_v1_SS it worked OK.
    Which games folder PORTS going to control the PS3 gamepad?

Adventures Of Square
    Aliens vs Predator
    Brutal Freedom
    Cave Story
    Dinothawr
    Doom 1
    Double Dragon Remake
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Golden Axe Remake
    Heretic
    Hexen
    Quake
    Quake III Arena
    Rise Of The Triad
    Super Mario War
    Wolfenstein 3D

You need any special setup to be able to operate the PS3 gamepad?
    Thank you very much for the great job you’re doing for us.

[/quote]

There is a world of difference between v1 and v7.x! Chances are I left some of my own controller configs in v1 by mistake which have now been removed.

You need to do any controller set up yourself, I can’t apply a catch all controller setup or I would have already.

haris1977
    Participant

Smithers

How about GZDoom instead of ZDoom? Will it work in retropie? (i have seen some interesting games in their forum)

mayki
    Participant

[quote=106020]There is a world of difference between v1 and v7.x! Chances are I left some of my own controller configs in v1 by mistake which have now been removed.

You need to do any controller set up yourself, I can’t apply a catch all controller setup or I would have already.[/quote]
    I do not want to work setting RETROARCH?
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/
    Does not work START + SELECT to exit the emulator. It works only keyboard.
    It works GAMEPAD PS3 for game QUAKE?

robertus
    Participant

i tried the last build ( not beast build ), but i have a problem:

1 i can pair my ps3 controller via bluetooth. when i reboot doesn’t recognize bluetooth dongle…. previous version doesn’t have this issue

will5wp
    Participant

Hi Steve

Firstly thank you so much for all your hard work on this – as a beginner it’s really appreciated and so kind of you to take the time to help everyone. Been keeping up with this thread for the last few weeks and just made an account to thank you.

Id be interested in the Raspbian Triple Boot – for me Id just need a good browser (preferably Midori & Chromium), file manager, Python and preferably office. Using a 32gb SD card so im more thanok with using more than 2GB space if needed.

Quick question – I know we aren’t supposed to change the Kodi theme or the build messes up. Are we ok to add and remove add-ons as normal though?

Thanks again for you help!

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=106032]Hi Steve

Firstly thank you so much for all your hard work on this – as a beginner it’s really appreciated and so kind of you to take the time to help everyone. Been keeping up with this thread for the last few weeks and just made an account to thank you.

Id be interested in the Raspbian Triple Boot – for me Id just need a good browser (preferably Midori & Chromium), file manager, Python and preferably office. Using a 32gb SD card so im more thanok with using more than 2GB space if needed.

Quick question – I know we aren’t supposed to change the Kodi theme or the build messes up. Are we ok to add and remove add-ons as normal though?

Thanks again for you help!

[/quote]

Yeah you could. I did it a few times without any issue. Just make sure not to touch the Game Menu and you should be good.
    I even change the whole theme but had to follow back the instructions on how to place back the Games menu. All without problems.

Hope that helps.

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=106014]beast build doesn’t works.

[/quote]

The Beast Build do work very well.

It’s working for me a whole day now. I even made some minor settings adjustments without problems.
    Check your card and see if any other builds is working with it.
    I had an incident when the files was copied but the PI was not recognizing the card and I realize that the card was faulty.
    Also check to see if all the files was copied properly.
    You can use “h2testw” card tested software to run test on the card for errors.
    USE SD Formatter V4 to format the card and in options Select “ON” for format file adjustment.
    Hope that helps.

It’s great and thanks again Smithers for the wonderful work you are doing.
    Don’t know what I would have done without your Builds.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=106032]

[/quote]

Hi.

Thanks for your input. I am currently installing Libre Office into the build – hopefully it runs ok in Raspbian but we shall see! Its quite large in size @ around 300MB though. :s

*EDIT – hmm, libre office didn’t install for some reason. Said I was missing some files. I will investigate further, unless there are any other office versions that work and are maybe lighter? OpenOffice?

I have also installed Chromium web browser, but is there a valid reason to have more than one? (i.e. Chromium and Midori?)

I will install a file manager (I presume the file manager included is not very good since you’re asking for a different one?). Do you have any recommendations on a good program for this?

Python is already installed as standard, is it not?

I also intend to install a program dock of some sort – I have read Cairo Dock is meant to run ok – any comments on that (or alternatives that run well?).

As for KODI – feel free to install whatever addons you want, it will work like a normal build does so no worries there. The only thing you can’t do is change the theme -unless- you know what you’re doing and want to change to another theme that supports custom scripting. Personally I like the Aeon theme anyway so don’t see the need for any changes? I used to be set in my ways on the standard Confluence theme but now I can’t get away with it at all!

All the best.
    Steve

p.s. Im not sure what KODI build to release with the triple boot – Beast Build or My build? Any preference?

Viewing 35 posts - 246 through 280 (of 371 total)
  • The topic ‘RetroPie / OpenELEC (KODI) Dual Boot Disc Image’ is closed to new replies.