Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie 2.6 – ROMs have the wrong coloring

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jfmanamtr
    Participant

Hello all. I am the proud new owner of a Raspberry Pi 2. So, what is the first thing I do? That’s right. I put RetroPie on it & make it a retro gaming system. After a few hours of fiddling, I have it all working, audio over HDMI, the 2 Logitech F310 gamepads working & adding select + start to exit the emulators. All is right with the world.

Or so I thought. I added a few ROMs I had ripped & the colors are all wrong. Like, for instance, Chrono Trigger. The pendulum on the start screen is blue. Been awhile since I played that, but I am pretty sure it wasn’t blue… So after googling, I found this forum post: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/bad-video-quality-after-update/. I tried to switch snes_phosphor.glslp to bsnes_gamma_ramp.glslp, but no dice. All the ROMs are off color. So, I am looking to y’all. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

~John

jfmanamtr
    Participant

Ok. So, I have done a little more troubleshooting. I thought that I should also try another HDMI cable & port. Still the ROMs are discoloured. Also tried another TV, still blue shaded. Thought it might be the ROM. Tried playing the ROMs in a emulator on my computer. It does the same thing….

I am at a loss. Help

~John

labelwhore
    Participant

Maybe try getting some roms from a different source, since it’s obviously the roms that are at fault.

Seems odd though that it affects 100% of them if it is indeed the roms. Do you know that for sure? You only mention Chrono Trigger, what else did you test?

jfmanamtr
    Participant

It isn’t the ROMs though. I tried the same ROMs (Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, Sonic & Mario 64) in the snes9x, nemu64 & Gens32 emulators (respectively) on my laptop, they play fine with no discolouration. That is part of why I am at a loss. I thought it was the ROMs…. but it isn’t.

jfmanamtr
    Participant

Ok. So, after more testing, I think I found something I don’t fully understand. If I take my retropie & hook it up to my 42″ LCD, it plays fine & there is no discolouration. it is only on the 32″ LCD that the ROMs seem to be discoloured. The only difference I can seem to figure out is that the 42″ LCD does 1080p & the 32″ LCD does 720p. so, how does one force the pi to do 720p?

~John

jfmanamtr
    Participant

Bump it. I will just use it on the TV that does 1080p & be happy playing the games from my childhood. Awesome job bringing all this together. Love my retropie

k3nni
    Participant

jfmanamtr: Were you able to successfully use the Logitech F310 controller to work on all emulators? More specifically MAME, NES, SNES, SEGA GENESIS, N64 & PlayStation?

jfmanamtr
    Participant

Yes. Took a little tweaking, but the 310 works with those emulators you listed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.