Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BuToNz
    Participant

Hey guys,

About to receive my Pi 2 (I thought this would be a good time given the spec update and new emulation capability.)

Pretty sure I’ve got the process nailed down but just a few questions:

1. With the increase in horsepower will we see Saturn and Gamecube emulation?

2. Is it better to run games from the SD Card (IE get a big enough SD card) or just run the Retropie from SD and store the games on USB? Either way is fine for me but I’d rather just use the SD card, but I’ve heard something about the Pi corrupting them?

3. Is the Xbox one controller supported? I know this isn’t a ‘standard’ driver so I imagine someone would need to modify a driver for it?

Looking forward to jumping in and hopefully adding something to this project when I’ve got my head around things.

Many thanks!

Roo
    Participant

[quote=87271]1. With the increase in horsepower will we see Saturn and Gamecube emulation?[/quote]

Probably not, the Pi is still not powerful enough for that IMO. It’s always possible that some intrepid developer figures out a few hacks to get GameCube running smoothly on Pi, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

[quote=87271]2. Is it better to run games from the SD Card (IE get a big enough SD card) or just run the Retropie from SD and store the games on USB? Either way is fine for me but I’d rather just use the SD card, but I’ve heard something about the Pi corrupting them?[/quote]

Keep it simple in my opinion. No matter what, you’re going to have an SD card, Pi can’t boot from USB. So why add complexity? Yes, if you don’t shut down the Pi correctly before pulling power you will most certainly corrupt some files on the SD card. If that is a huge concern, make a backup image of your SD card, which only takes a few minutes.

[quote=87271]3. Is the Xbox one controller supported? I know this isn’t a ‘standard’ driver so I imagine someone would need to modify a driver for it?[/quote]

No. I went down this road at first. I ended up buying a wireless xbox 360 for windows controller. Much easier and just works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.