Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    motorhead
    Participant

Thanks a lot! It’s working another time. Lets try turbo mode and see if makes the difference.

Xboxclassic

You`re Welcome Guys,
    If you want a bit of a speed increase in games AKA Mario I suggest you set audio a bit lower in HZ and set your gl setting in (Mupen cfg) to standard and disable extra mem.

Jaeger01

I have edited the mupen64plus in the hidden folder RetroPie/.configs
    chaged the resolution and the screen update setting to 4 and overclocked the pie to 1 GHerz.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58395

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Xboxclassic
    Where is the startup project link for the spin off Surreal64 build? Is that on the backburner for now?

Xboxclassic

No it`s not on the back-burner at all in fact it is a major priority we are hoping to incorporate it with the next release of retro-pie.

If not a stand alone self boot img will be on its way soon.
    So keep an eye out on the boards.

Development is in progress as we speak.
    Also there is no project link at this current time.
    It is getting produced by some of the original Dev`s of this emu produced on the XBOX Classic.
    We do not wish to give too much info out.
    Remember some of the best are working on it.!

Haris

Xbox can y add this fix

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-Up-a-PS3-controller-for-mame4all-pi

to the next release as well?

Thanks

zatenzu

With libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 games run but no sound.
    How to fix it?

brooksyx
    Participant

2.0.0 is working for me but for some reason player 1 controller is player 2 and vice versa. Anyone know how to fix this?

zatenzu

I have the same problem with controllers

stavie131

hey xbox classic i replaced the old file with the new 1 you gave us and its still not working for me can u go in more depth on how to do it?

brooksyx
    Participant

For those having issues it might be worth running the test script from a ssh console and reading the output to see whats failing.

stavie131

whats the ssh script?

brooksyx
    Participant

[quote=73613]whats the ssh script?[/quote]

SSH into the pi via putty or similar and run the test script at ~/emulators/mupen64plus/m64p_test.sh

stavie131

it says there is no such directory, i really appeciate your help btw

stavie131

i found it and its in /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/m64p_test.sh

how do i diret it to that

brooksyx
    Participant

cd to the mupen64plus directory and run sudo bash m64p_test.sh

Marko

Didn’t work for me either. And I didn’t backup the file. Shite. When I tried to open a n64game from emulationstation with the old file it just runned some line of code over and over again (can’t see what it says). And when I runned the test in the terminal it freezed when the Mupen64plus logo came.

stavie131

UI-Console Error: dlopen(‘./libmupen64plus.so.2’) failed ./libmupen64plus.so.2: invalid ElF header
    UI-Console Error: AttachCoreLib() Error: failed to find Mupen64Plus Core Library

stavie131

that is the error i got any ideas?

stavie131

it also says cannot open shared object file: Permission Denied

saru
    Participant

[quote=78003]it also says cannot open shared object file: Permission Denied[/quote]

try using chmod to correct the permissions on the new upen64plus.so.2.0.0 file

stavie131

i used chmod and gave it permission to read write and execute for all user groups

muffy
    Participant

is there any date for the release of the new N64 emulator ?

messij
    Participant

Hello all, thanks to the Retropie team for all the work done so far we all appreciate your effort to give us a fully emulator platform in or tiny Raspberry. I hope the work under the N64 emulator will be available soon. I gladly like to play N64 on my PI. If you can give us informations about it I really apreciate. Thanks again.

muffy
    Participant

does anybody know, how can i quit a N64 with the controller ?

kefiren
    Participant

I got this message when i try to copy it: scp: /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/test/libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0: Permission denied

muffy
    Participant

type:
    sudo passwd root

then you have enter your root password.

with winscp you can now log in with “root” and your new password.

then you will have permission ;-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I came hear searching for a solution to a related problem.

My N64 games work fine – my ‘segmentation fault’ error appears when loading a game through the MAME emulator. This started after I acquired a USB audio card. I ran some tests on the command line and confirmed I could hear audio through it.

However as soon as I select a MAME game and it starts loading, it throws the segmentation fault error. I am 99% sure it is related to the USB audio since the game loads fine when I unplug it.

Any new ideas?

zilla
    Participant

Need some help putting in the old libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0

I’m new to UNIX and thought I was making progress.
    Anyway, first when I try to overwrite it with the other file, I get permission denied.
    To gain permission, I typed “sudo chmod a+rwx libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0”
    After that, I typed “ls -l libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0”
    This tells me: “-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 610664 DATE TIME libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0”

I’m assuming that means I SHOULD have permission to adjust the file. Going back into the browser screen, I still can’t do anything to that file. Any tips on what to do next?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any idea how to fix the exit/reboot issue?

powerpoint45
    Participant

So… I compiled a version of mupen64plus from https://github.com/ricrpi/mupen64plus which works great when typing mupen64plus ~/location/to/rom/file.n64
    but it does not want to start up through emulationstation even though I changed the /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg to use the compiled version!

Funny thing is if I edit the es_systems.cfg file to run mupen64plus with sudo, Emulation Station will run a n64 game but then the keyboard won’t work so I can’t ESC the game or even control it with keyboard…

Any help appreciated! I would love to get this working

gizmo98
    Participant
    powerpoint45
    Participant

Known problem:
    https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/mupen64plus-ricrpi-branch/page/2/#post-83366

Thanks for your support I just went through the retropie_setup and installed n64 with retroarch and now the esc button works! But now the keyboard up/down/left/right key do not work. It’s also not in fullscreen even though in config file fullscreen is set true. Not a big deal tho.

edgartein66
    Participant

I changed the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 file with the new one but n64 games still not starting from the menu.

Haven’T tried from cmd line

Any clues??

Thanks

downup
    Participant

So annoying. Got it to who work with 2.3 image. But I had major problems with my controller so I reinstalled 2.3 and added the file Xboxclassic posted.. And now does it not work! No idea why. Worked before with the file :/

Everything else works great :D even PlayStation

Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 79 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.