Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    hanfen
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to play N64 Games on RetroPie, but everytime i try to start a game, the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds, then the screen resoloution changes and then it kicks me back to the selection screen. The simulation seems to stop because of a Segmentation fault: opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 23: 2330 Segmentation fault ./mupen64plus /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/MarioKart.64

Raspberry Pi B Model
    RetroPie 2.3 from the predone image

flipbug
    Participant

Try:
    -using the .n64 file extension on your roms instead of .64
    -downloading the ROMs again; but keep them in the .ZIP files.

hanfen
    Participant

If i keep the games in the .ZIP they aren’t listed in the game selection, and all ROMS i can find have the .v64 file extension.

mrsteven2
    Participant

I’ve tried ones with z64 and n64 and all have the same problem with the segmentation fault at line 23 like you have.

mlegower

I am also having this problem. Whenever I try to launch a N64 game, I get a segmentation fault.

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 23: 2319 Segmentation Fault ./mupen64plus /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/Paper\ Mario.z64

Haris

Same here. I think binaries should be updated with a better n64 emulator:(

InsecureSpike
    Participant

well looking at the post for “ideas for further enhancements” it could well be possible soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xboxclassic

This segmentation fault is nothing to do with the rom-sets themselves,
    It is an Emulator issue.!
    The Xbox Classic had similar problems with the N64 when it was getting upgraded.(and still has a few issues today Even on the 360).
    My suggestion would be to get the previous version and overwrite the current emu.
    and see how it goes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We need to be able to use the updated version, why would you want to use an old version on the latest build? Especially with an updated script and different folder relocation.

mlegower

This is the command in emulation station that starts mupen64 and generates the seg fault.
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "cd /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/test/ && ./mupen64plus %ROM%"
    I don’t see anything immediately wrong with it (for instance, the path exists on my system and there is a file called mupen64plus there), but I’m not an expert. I do notice that none of the other commands in the es_systems.cfg file perform a cd first and THEN a separate run command. Maybe that is the source of the error?

Xboxclassic

mlegowe wrote
    I don’t see anything immediately wrong with it (for instance, the path exists on my system and there is a file called mupen64plus there), but I’m not an expert. I do notice that none of the other commands in the es_systems.cfg file perform a cd first and THEN a separate run command. Maybe that is the source of the error?

I think you may be onto the error here.
    Now if only we could edit the es config file to correct the issue.
    Doe`s any one know how to access it ? for RPI v.2.2
    whats float around is rumors and deception of where and what it is called .
    If you Know Please help the community.

As for mr9v9 asking
    Why would you want to use an old version on the latest build? Especially with an updated script and different folder relocation.
    it was just a suggestion seeing as the old version was working previous to the updated script.

wgrymo

Hello,

I have been trying to get N64 to work, and I also encountered the segmentationfault. I read mlegower’s post about the ‘cd’ command. Just to know if there is an error here, we could just put a rom in the same directory. And see if the seg fault still occurs. I will try that this evening when i get home.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

well, in the 1.- series of RetroPie, in the es_system.cfg the N64 part has no runcommand.sh in the text, and it worked!! (well just about)i
    f someone has an old back up of the es_system.cfg have a look, I’ve not had a chance to try it with it removed in the new one yet, so if someone can, that’ll be great!

mlegower

Last night I tried removing the change directory command by just giving a path to the emulator directly. That failed because the emulator seems to look in the current working directory for a core library (which obviously wasn’t there since I removed the cd command).

There is a –corelib option on mupen64plus which allows you to specify a path to the core library. I also tried that (with the path implied by the previous error). That also did not work, although I could not diagnose why because it had changed the display settings in the interim to make the console output tiny.

I hope this is all helping someone with more skills than me.

mlegower

well, in the 1.- series of RetroPie, in the es_system.cfg the N64 part has no runcommand.sh in the text, and it worked!! (well just about)i
    f someone has an old back up of the es_system.cfg have a look, I’ve not had a chance to try it with it removed in the new one yet, so if someone can, that’ll be great!

Also, I don’t have an old version of retropie, so I can’t try this, but it’s a good suggestion.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

here ya go fella

Arnaud

There is no runcommand.sh but it does perform a cd it seems

DESCNAME=Nintendo 64
    NAME=n64
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64
    EXTENSION=.z64 .Z64 .n64 .N64
    COMMAND=cd /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/test/ && ./mupen64plus %ROM%
    PLATFORMID=3
    wgrymo

I just got a game to start, but it starts slow and i there’s no sound.
    I navigated to /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/test, then i typed ./mupen64plus /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/SuperMario64.n64 (the last being the rom filename obviously) . It started, but i could see audio errors being generated before the game came on screen. But i think this means that the startupscript from emulationstation must be wrong at some point.
    When i start the rom with es it gives a seg fault on line 60, there is says ‘eval $@’ . Does that mean anything to anyone?

mlegower

When i start the rom with es it gives a seg fault on line 60, there is says ‘eval $@’ . Does that mean anything to anyone?

That is saying “evaluate the command passed as the second argument to runcommand.sh” I typically get the seg fault at line 23.

Xboxclassic

After Reading everybodys comments so far it does seem to be an issue with the emulator itself.
    One thing I did notice though was in the actual mupen folder was its own config file and all the colors are set to 32bit depth yet the dash is set to 16bit depth.
    So in conclusion this emu must be a port from a Late Linux version.
    try to edit everything in the config to 16bit.
    as it is trying to squeeze 32 into 16
    There is part of the problem.
    also set audio to 24000hz not 36000? as tis cramps RPI too.!

Xboxclassic

eval $@
    seems to be reading dash color,size etc.
    I tried all combinations of sh 0,1,2,3,4,5 etc
    all gave me
    seg fault at line 23
    seg fault at line 60 etc
    note you cannot delete these lines or RPI will crash.

Jaeger01

Hi folks,

I have the same problem too. Is there a workaround? Will this or can this problem be fixed in the further release?

Corus

Hey
    Im new with Retropie and I also try to solve the problem since yesterday, but the only way I get it worked was from the terminal with Mario Kart but it has a laggy sound and crash to begin the first race.
    I hope there will be a Fix soon…

Xboxclassic

I got it it to work!!!!!
    just one minor issue is to exit game.. you need to reboot system..

issue is the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 file
    Replace this with version from RPI 2.2 or back and it should work have fun.
    (make backup of original file)

Jaeger01

Hi Xboxclassic,

were can we get working the file? Do you have a link or can you attach it?

It would be very cool :)

Xboxclassic

Here is link

https://retropie.sharefile.com/f/fodb3906-d0be-40b6-b0eb-9d408f820505

AccessGranted4U

Xboxclassic

forget that link I Gave too much security to access a file

Xboxclassic

Here is Link for file

https://www.mydrive.ch

User Name
    Xboxclassic

Password
    AccessGranted

only one at a time please its a free FTP server

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=33001]I got it it to work!!!!!
    just one minor issue is to exit game.. you need to reboot system..

issue is the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 file
    Replace this with version from RPI 2.2 or back and it should work have fun.
    (make backup of original file)
    [/quote]
    This is just a band-aid fix…

Xboxclassic

So it did work for You.!!!!

It may be just a band-aid fix for now.!!!
    But it doe`s work right.!

Quit complaining I and a few others are working on a NEW lib for it.
    As well as a spin off of Surreal64 which means better compatibility,speed,game-play + sound.

Please wait and Bear with us while we sort the issue out permanently.

Xboxclassic

P.S

We are doing this at our own expense.
    We do not get Paid for this.
    We are doing it because we care and do not wish to see these old games DIE.

Jaeger01

Thanks Xboxclassic working fine!! THX :)

Sebs

Hello everybody,

one question: In which folder I’ll find the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 file?

Thanks for Help
    Sebs

mzeyrek

/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/test/
    if you’ve installed from the beginning might be located under
    /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi/test/

Sebs

Thank you very much,

it works.

But sadly Mario Games are lagging.

greets

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 79 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.