Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Multiple xbox 360 wireless controllers. HELP!?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    okingyo
    Participant

hello, relatively new to this but after following a thread on this page:

Setup of 2.3 with Xbox 360 controller

to set up one wireless xbox 360 controller, I thought this would be the best place to get help to set up a second, I am using raspberry pi model B, retropie 2.3, a windows usb wireless controller adaptor and an xbox 360 wireless controller, i have successfully, thanks to the afore mentioned thread configured one controller to work, but i cannot seem to get a second wireless controller to work though they are both connected to the adaptor.I have searched the internet and come across forums that tell me to edit the config file…i have no idea how to access the file as windows wont read ext4 and don’t know how to edit any other way, I am pretty new to raspberry pi, and know very little, so if anyone can help me (guide me) to setting this second controller up I would be very grateful, probably be best if it was an “idiots guide” as this idiot has been trying for hours to get this working!

thanks for any help, if anyone needs any more information in order to help feel free tell me what you need me to get/find out and if I can, I will.

Cheers

oKINGYo

okingyo
    Participant

sorry I have realised I have put the wrong thread I used to fix the first controller.

Xbox controller not working in any emulator, blinking light, tried everything

trimmtrabb’s code worked for the single controller

sudo chown pi /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

but i cant seem to get it to work for a second controller, when i change the “-j 0” to “-j 1” it puts player ones controller on a different joystick but still wont let me configure it anyway. hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.