Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Setup of 2.3 with Xbox 360 controller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    b1

Hi, I am having some issues with the setup.

I have run through the setup of 2.3 on a 4GB card and have got things basically running however come across a few errors:

I am using 1943: Battle of Midway as test ROM for name

I cannot get the following to work with the Xbox360 controller:
    1. Cannot insert coins
    2. Cannot start the game
    3. Cannot loop the plane while in the game

If I insert coins and start the game from a keyboard it works apart from the looping of the plane when in trouble

I have tried other ROMS and I can get Altered Beast to start but I cannot get Mortal Kombat 3, Marvel, Xmen vs Streetfighter etc to run – it just kicks back to the Mame screen in ES. Are there any logs I can look at to see what is happening.

Also if I try to Load Apple or IBM it fails as well

Any help with these issues would be appreciated as it looks like a fantastic little gaming solution however just these issues holding me back

trimmtrabb
    Participant

If you press tab you can configure your pad. Also regarding roms check compatibilty here: https://code.google.com/p/pifba/source/browse/FBAcapex_src/gamelist.txt?

b1

I have got the plane loop to work – that was my mistake.

However I can’t get the other buttons to work or the other games. I have looked and they are compatible. Also doenst make sense that the default Apple II doesn’t work either.

I have run jstest and confirmed all the buttons. I have added the hotkey_btn as well with “” and without. But nothing seems to work. Im sure its just a config issue but I have done everything all the posts say and cannot insert coins and cannot start the game.

If I insert coins via the keyboard I still cannot start the game by pressing the start button – this doesn’t make much sense as it shouldn’t be a hotkey related issue.

Thanks

trimmtrabb
    Participant

MAME/FBA aren’t configured through Retroarch. Press tab in game to configure. MAME roms need to be from 0.37b5 romset.

b1

Thanks, understand now. Will give it a go and check the rome as well

Appreciated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.