Viewing 35 posts - 211 through 245 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Sorry – cmdline.txt not config.txt – updated post.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I tried notepad also. here is my text pasted directly from the txt file

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040

Taking into account there are spaces not new lines. Anything look out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried notepad also. I’m not a total newbie but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it is?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@feederchain

Hi, I have tried using your kernel, patched it and everything however when I go back to Emulation Station neither keyboard nor my Xin Mo Dual Arcade work. I can’t even get to console so I am forced to wipe the SD and rewrite RetroPie.

Also may I ask how to find the vendor number for my controller as I have tried the cmdline.txt code you have submitted but for me that doesn’t work. Please help :) many thanks if you can reply

Anonymous
    Inactive

@feederchain

Hi, I have tried using your kernel, patched it and everything however when I go back to Emulation Station neither keyboard nor my Xin Mo Dual Arcade work. I can’t even get to console so I am forced to wipe the SD and rewrite RetroPie.

Also may I ask how to find the vendor number for my controller as I have tried the cmdline.txt code you have submitted but for me that doesn’t work. Please help :) many thanks if you can reply

p4r4d0x86
    Participant

Hi all,

First, thanks a lot for retropie ;-)

I got working the 4snes4nes controller with the version 3.3 of retropie.

1/ Fix the /etc/fstab of the 3.3 or download the 3.3.1
    See https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/config-txt-missing-from-3-3/
    if not, the quirks won’t be taken into account.

2/ Add the following quirks in /boot/cmdline.txt :
    usbhid.quirks=0x1781:0x0A9D:0x040
    I guess my version is 1.3 of the code in controller ; may change in more recent version due to vendor id change :
    http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/4nes4snes/index_en.php

Now I have 4 joysticks :)

feederchain
    Participant

@bigjohnnz. So you used the command mentioned early to find your vendor id?

@amaar221. You are the first person that I recall having that issue. The last kernel I created is getting old. I have not bothered in a while to upgrade my Pi. So maybe there are issues with the latest updates and the older kernel. That doesn’t sound too likely though. Did the kernel install without errors? The commands, for the vendor id, were mentioned earlier. But I’ll paste them here

You can find the vendor/product using
    lsusb

returned this for me
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1292:4745 Innomedia

That all being said. It looks like p4r4d0x86 may have a fix if the quirks aren’t being recognized.

Anonymous
    Inactive

First of all I really don’t use forums but I must say this forum and the users on it are the best. I discovered in the end that I had been sent a single player xin-mo board and not a 2 player board. Both myself and the supplier where amazed to find out that certain xin-mo boards both single player and 2 player looks exactly the same, however the single board can support one joy and 26 buttons (Why that many I don’t know). It was very annoying to find out that I had wasted days trying to figure it out. I hope this may help someone else like I said they looked exactly the same:( What I should have done after building the control board was to do a PC test first to make sure 2 separate controls where registering. Thanks Feederchain keep up the awesome support everyone.

crankydog
    Participant

I have started to build my first Arcade machine based on retropie over the last few days. I was experiencing some issues with the Xin-mo controller but thanks to the efforts of people like “feederchain” in this thread I have everything up an running.

My setup consists of the following;
    – Raspberry Pi B
    – Xin-mo dual arcade controller
    – 2 x joysticks and 16 buttons (Street Fighter II setup)
    – Retropie 3.2.1
    – Mame4All

My config was working fine using a keyboard and Logitech F310 gamepad but when I added the Xin-mo and my custom joystick I couldn’t see it – this was resolved by installing custom_kernel_1.20150818-1.tar.gz referenced earlier in this thread.

Next issue was not being able to use the 2nd joystick and button setup, this was resolved by modifying /boot/cmdline.txt by adding the following content after a space at the end of the first line “usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040”

I was then able to see two distinct controllers in jstest, configure 2 gamepads in emulationstation, and setup buttons for SFII in Mame.

that is all my technical issues resolved, arcade cabinet is mostly assembled so I am doing some undercoating tomorrow.

Again many thanks to the forum members and particularly contributors to this thread, without your efforts I would still be wondering why I couldn’t see my joystick.

davidfmena
    Participant

Hi! hapy new year to everybody and thx for this thread. I’m sure it has saved a lot of time to many people!. I’m building my cabinet based on retropie and y have a PCB that is USB-Jamma . I had al the issues described and i solved it with the USB quirks and i even installed the kernel hack, but in Emulation Station , ( only, in mame works fine and i have two devices working in jstest) stil sends multiple signals like in https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/joystick-sending-multiple-actions-with-a-single-click-2-4-2/
    Any ideas?

buddywtf
    Participant

first i cannot edit the cmdline.txt
    i did nano /
    i did sudo /
    but when i add the usbhid line and i used a space
    i put it in thr front
    i tried it as the last entry too,
    it will not give me permission to save
    and yes i logged in
    any help?
    also, is this patch already in the new retropie?
    i stopped using pie last month because of xinmo errors
    caqn someone please give me a total noob walkthrough step by step on how to do the xinmo 2 player problem fix please, i really love retropie and dislike using recalbox

feederchain
    Participant

I’d have to fire mine up to check, but I’d suggest just popping the sd card in a windows/Mac machine and edit it from there.

And as far as I know, this isn’t in the release.

buddywtf
    Participant

Thank you. Plopping in pc gave me access.
    One last thing. How do I go about doing the 1susb thing
    Fire up the command line in the pies linux ?what is the process off giving it the command to do so?
    Line go into the root and do a nano kind of thing?
    And thank you so much for your help, it’s very much appreciated.

feederchain
    Participant

Yep, just run lsusb at the command prompt once you drop out of emulation station. I’m not near my pi right now so I can’t give you an example of the output, but wade back through this thread> I’m pretty sure there is more information in one of my posts about it. When I had to find my vendor id.

duckclimber
    Participant

I’ve tried the usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040 and I now got two players with the Xin Mo. I’ve tried every other long shot solution I could find but nothing is working. The joysticks still interfere with each other, they will work when I first set them up in Emulatorstation, I can use them both properly. Up, down, left right. But if i try to play a game and then go back to emulatorstation, only one joystick and buttons is sending the right commands. The other one is not giving the right button presses. And I tried to change the mapping in retroarch, not working.

I tried patching the Raspberry Pi 2: Retro Pie 3.3.1 kernel with the latest patch I found in this thread, the one for 3.2.1, didn’t work.

Could someone upload the kernel patch for 3.3.1? Or give me some other solution?

And why can’t this be fixed by default in the Retro Pie image?:-)

My thread: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/xin-moxin-modual-arcade-problems-please-help/

buddywtf
    Participant

Yeah,I have up on the piece puff credo, just gonna buy akeyboard type encoder and save myself grief

buddywtf
    Participant

I meant..I gave up on the piece of crap

duckclimber
    Participant

Update: I tried playing a SNES game now and both joysticks work fine in the game, the second joystick is still messed up in EmulatorStation menu but there is some progress! Is it some way to disable the second joystick only in EmulatorStation? And I cant quit the game with start+select, some ideas on that?

Edit: So I used the kernel patch for RetroPie 3.2.1 and usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040 to cmdline.txt , and last a changed the Joypad driver from Sdl2 do udev. I’m not sure what fixed it in the games, but when I’m sure I’ll try to write a simple guide.

buddywtf
    Participant

Throw it in the trash and buy a keyboard encoder for $50. Safe yourself the brief. Use the xinmo with hyperspin, it works awesome. Maybe there’s some code in there(hyperspin or rocketlauncher) you guys can use. If they can do it, gotta be easy for a programmer to do.

duckclimber
    Participant

I got EVERYTHING working with the Xin-mo, I’m so f*cking happy:D (Retropie 3.3.1 Raspberry Pi 2)

I will be writing a easy to use guide in a day or two:)

guy1980
    Participant

[quote=114069]I got EVERYTHING working with the Xin-mo, I’m so f*cking happy:D (Retropie 3.3.1 Raspberry Pi 2)

[/quote]

Look forward to your guide. I am having issues with the same setup.

duckclimber
    Participant

[quote=114163]

I got EVERYTHING working with the Xin-mo, I’m so f*cking happy:D (Retropie 3.3.1 Raspberry Pi 2)

Look forward to your guide. I am having issues with the same setup.

[/quote]

Here is the guide:-) Xin-Mo Dual Controller. GUIDE.

di11on
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for this custom kernel – it fixed the problem with my Xin-Mo. However it broke my wifi. I’m using a TP Link W725N. You have to download and install the drivers manually for your specific Kernel as described here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62371&hilit=wn725n

So when I install your Kernel (0816) the WIFI adapter isn’t recognized any more. Doing a uname -a I get: 3.18.9-v7+ #5.

So I downloaded the TP Link drivers most closely matching this i.e.:

3.18.9-v7+ #767, #768 – 8188eu-v7-20150307.tar.gz
    3.18.9-v7+ #772 – 8188eu-v7-20150307.tar.gz

However this doesn’t work.

Do you have any suggestion as to how I could get my Xin-mo and TP Link W725N working together?

Many thanks in advance

feederchain
    Participant

What kernel version was it working with before you installed my kernel? Mine has gotten pretty old. I’ll try and get my computer compiling a new version. I can’t guarantee success because I have not done this in a while.

feederchain
    Participant

Unfortunately, it appears I can’t actually do this right now. github appears to be having issues so I can’t download the latest code.

feederchain
    Participant

OK, github fixed whatever problem they were having so i was able to get a new compile done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/170gux8lk69b23l/custom_kernel_1.20160128-1.tar.gz?dl=0

Note: It’s getting late here, so I didn’t get a chance to test this kernel at all. So use at your own risk. If you want to wait until I have a chance to try it on my testbed Pi. Hopefully I can get a chance tomorrow.

di11on
    Participant

Many thanks!

I’m not sure the issue it with the age of your Kernel. I believe the original Raspian version before I installed your customer Kernel (0818) was 3.18.7-v7+ #755 which I think is older.

I believe the TP W725N driver module has to be compiled specifically for each Kernel version but I’m not sure. You can see this thread for the instructions on how to choose and install the correct driver module :

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62371&hilit=wn725n

Perhaps you could advise me which Pi2 driver I should install?

Thanks again!

di11on
    Participant

I’m thinking that it’s not going to be the end of the world if I have to shell out €10 for a different wifi adapter.

Can anyone recommend one that should work out of the box and which I wouldn’t have to download special drivers for?

Thanks

vulga
    Participant

Edimax EW-7811UN has never let me down on several builds. I buy them for around £7 here. Hope this helps.

di11on
    Participant

Thanks Vulga. Does that have native support in Raspbian? I.e. you don’t have to download drivers specially for it?

vulga
    Participant

You’re welcome! Always worked for me right away. Just need to configure it in the networks file. Got another one recently and stripped and soldered it to the Pi Zero to see if it would work. It does! Friends of mine are still amazed that I can get so much running off it on to the TV, including the 360 Wireless adapter so I can just play Mario without cables that close.

Not good enough to run some of the more “hungry” apps like N64, PSX etc, but you get the general idea. This is the go-to WiFi adapter for everything as far as I’m concerned.

di11on
    Participant

Thanks again – might just have to pop one in my Amazon cart :-)

vulga
    Participant

Please do! You won’t be disappointed.

di11on
    Participant

@Vulga: My EW-7811UN arrived this morning – you just gotta love Amazon Prime! I shut down my Pi, plugged it in, restarted and PiPlay shows me an IP address! Magic! It must have picked up the wifi details from when the TP Link was working (before I installed the custom Kernel.

Couldn’t have been any more painless than that. Thanks!

vulga
    Participant

@di11on No problem! I’ve found them just as easy to use and very reliable. Must have picked up your previous network settings as the Pi will see your adapter as wlan0. All previous settings would have been applied and you’re good to go!

Viewing 35 posts - 211 through 245 (of 278 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.