Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Analog sticks with some emulators

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m experimenting a few weeks now with Retropie and I’m using a few systems on Retropie like NES, SNES, Megadrive, FBA, Atari2600 and PSX.

I’m also using a USB gamepad with analog sticks, It’s a Trust GXT30. Controller Photo

My controller is working very good in systems like the NES, SNES, Megadrive, etc. It’s also configured to exit an emulator with the hotbutton (select) and the start button.
    But I also want to use my analog sticks like in the PSX emulator and also in FBA.

But where can I setup my controls for the PSX system and if possible for the FBA system ?

killer101
    Participant

Try adding this to whatever config file you are using …

input_up_axis = “-1”
    input_down_axis = “+1”
    input_left_axis = “-0”
    input_right_axis = “+0”

input_analog_dpad_mode = “1”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I added it to /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    and started first a PSX game. The analog sticks didn’t work.
    Maybe it would work with an NES game just to test it but even that didn’t work.

I’ve also checked out the /opt/retropie/configs/psx/ directory but I see a retroarch.cfg file in there. So changing this will override the global one.

Even though it’s strange when I did ./retroarch-joyconfig to configure my controller, the analog sticks worked.

killer101
    Participant

If retroarch autodetects your controller the config files are in here …

/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see the config files but are you sure that there is one that my system is using for my controller ?

killer101
    Participant

Can’t say that, this is for you to decide. One indication is the OSD in Retroarch when starting a game. Mine displays a short message that it autodetects the PS3 Controller and which file it is using!

justinbeaird
    Participant

You figure this out? I have been trieng to get the analog sticks working in psx for a week now with Xbox 360 remote and no one will help I have seen a lot of others asking also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still figuring it out, I think I’m gonna try some more in the weekend.

killer101
    Participant

Can’t say anything about the XBOX Controller. But just simply test it. I’m pretty sure there is a autoconfig file for 360 Controller. Just insert the lines mentioned above and see for yourself.

labelwhore
    Participant

[quote=89338]You figure this out? I have been trieng to get the analog sticks working in psx for a week now with Xbox 360 remote and no one will help I have seen a lot of others asking also.[/quote]
    I find this surprising. PSX worked pretty much out of the box for me, including analog sticks. What method are you using to initialize the xboxdrv?

After I installed xboxdrv, edited rc.local, rebooted, then chose “register retroarch controller” via the setup script, psx basically just worked.

labelwhore
    Participant

[quote=89278]I see the config files but are you sure that there is one that my system is using for my controller ?

[/quote]

if you’re using an xbox360 controller, it’s the last one.

killer101
    Participant

If your controller isn’t autodetected and you have made your settings directly in the retroarch.cfg, look for a parameter called something like autodetection and set it to false. Add the lines mentioned above to the retroarch.cfg and see what happens. Maybe it will work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I had some time to experiment and now my left analog stick is working.

It’s thanks to killer101 but I changed something.

input_player1_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player1_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player1_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player1_right_axis = “+0”

The player1 did it.
    I saw this because the rest of the config was like that.

This is the input config at the moment (/opt/retropie/configs/allretroarch.cfg)

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”
    input_save_state_btn = “5”
    input_load_state_btn = “4”
    input_volume_up_axis = “-1”
    input_volume_down_axis = “+1”
    input_menu_toggle_btn = 3

input_player1_joypad_index = “0”
    input_player1_b_btn = “2”
    input_player1_y_btn = “3”
    input_player1_select_btn = “8”
    input_player1_start_btn = “9”
    input_player1_up_btn = “h0up”
    input_player1_down_btn = “h0down”
    input_player1_left_btn = “h0left”
    input_player1_right_btn = “h0right”
    input_player1_a_btn = “1”
    input_player1_x_btn = “0”
    input_player1_l_btn = “4”
    input_player1_r_btn = “5”
    input_player1_l2_btn = “6”
    input_player1_r2_btn = “7”
    input_player1_l3_btn = “10”
    input_player1_r3_btn = “11”
    input_player1_l_x_plus_axis = “+0”
    input_player1_l_x_minus_axis = “-0”
    input_player1_l_y_plus_axis = “+1”
    input_player1_l_y_minus_axis = “-1”
    input_player1_r_x_plus_axis = “+2”
    input_player1_r_x_minus_axis = “-2”
    input_player1_r_y_plus_axis = “+3”
    input_player1_r_y_minus_axis = “-3”

input_player1_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player1_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player1_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player1_right_axis = “+0”

killer101
    Participant

Yes for sure. The not player1 version only works in the auto config files as there are no players defined.

justinbeaird
    Participant

found a out how to fix it on psx all is working including rumble pack on xbox 360 controller, I got pissed so I reinstalled plugged in controller changed one thing in

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg

changed
    pcsx_rearmed_pad1type = “standerd”
    to
    pcsx_rearmed_pad1type = “analog”

thats all i did on fresh install :)

this line wont be there until you launch psx, this and a few other psx lines are auto added after first psx launch

killer101 lines just created a fake analog stick that copied and behaved like the dpad

Ape escape is a good game to test analog sticks.

Wild 9 is good to test rumble/ haptic feedback

killer101
    Participant

And that was exactly the intention. Not for PSX for me, but I wanted to play all the other emus with the analog stick instead of the dpad.

justinbeaird
    Participant

[quote=89647]And that was exactly the intention. Not for PSX for me, but I wanted to play all the other emus with the analog stick instead of the dpad.[/quote]

[quote=89106]My controller is working very good in systems like the NES, SNES, Megadrive, etc. It’s also configured to exit an emulator with the hotbutton (select) and the start button.
    But I also want to use my analog sticks like in the PSX emulator and also in FBA.

But where can I setup my controls for the PSX system and if possible for the FBA system ?
    [/quote]

fba controller configs are in /opt/retropie/emulators/pifba/fba2x.cfg

killer101
    Participant

Only if you stick with piFBA. Anyone doing this? The libretro core now runs full speed and gets along with a lot more games than piFBA.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just tried psx and it’s working with the game Ape Escape.
    Although that line pcsx_rearmed_pad1type = “standerd” wasn’t standing in that file so I added it myself and with “analog” instead of “standard”.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.