Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Peoples Projects Yet another gameboy casemod ;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello peeps

I’ve got a couple of retropie projects in the pipeline, but this is the one I’ve been working on mostly lately.
    basically inspired by the adafruit PiGrrl, but instead of printing the whole case and just shoving a load of adafruit bits into it, I decided to go full re**rd and find a broken DMG to do the business in and 3D print any mounts I need.

My main project log is here: https://www.hackster.io/abrugsch/mameboypi but the highlights are adafruit 2.8″ PiTFT, 3D printed housing frame for the screen and Pi combo, Iwas going to use the control panel PCB from the original but have now decided to etch my own PCB, 4 button panel, 2 rear buttons for SNES compatibility,

It’s still WIP, but I’m basically done tweaking the screen/Pi mount frame and will be doing the control panel next.

My intent is to keep as much original hardware working as possible (power switch, volume dial/amp, etc.) but also be totally badass. The case is very worn and yellowed so I think I’m going to end up spraying this one after filling any gaps.

some teaser pics:
    [attachment file=”2015-06-04 12.43.07.jpg”]

[attachment file=”2015-07-19 21.39.09.jpg”]

jmckowen
    Participant

Hi,

This is pretty awesome. I’m working on almost the same thing myself. I was thinking of going with a 3.5″ screen. I was also thinking of going with a 4 button design (and 2 shoulder buttons mounted to the back battery compartment), but could not find a control panel with 4 buttons. I started looking into etching my own control panel, and even downloaded Eagle to do the design, but can’t quite figure it out. I’m definitely interested to see how you design your PCB, as it would help me out as well.

Please keep me posted on your progress!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I have the same problem with eagle ;) but some people at my hackspace are going to give me a hand with that bit. Once the 4-button panel is done, I’ll post it to the same github repo as the other 3D parts :) (I also found the 3 button ones…)
    Probably going to be doing that this week as i’ll be spending a reasonable amount of time there…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.