clockwiseParticipant11/09/2014 at 19:25Post count: 4
So I’ve spent a few hours now trying to get my wireless Xbox controller to work, and have been somewhat successful. The way I did this was like this:
1. I installed the Xboxdrv using the following command:
sudo apt-get install xboxdrv
2. Added this line after Exit 0 in the /etc/rc.local: `xboxdrv –trigger-as-button –wid 0 –led 2 –deadzone 4000 –silent &
3. I then added the cfg file for my controller according to this: `sudo chown pi /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg`
4. Success! The controller works, but the xbox button is blinking annoyingly. I can’t exit SNES emulator either so these are the next issues I tried to fix.
5. I changed the cfg-file like this:
sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfgand tried a few different lines for exiting the emulator. I’ve tried:
input_exit_emulator_btn = “1″ input_exit_emulator_btn = 1 input_exit_emulator = “1″ input_exit_emulator = 1
Nothing works. (I do not have a ‘#’ at the beginning of the line). This is also the ONLY change I’ve done to the cfg-file.
6. I gave up and felt like fixing the blinking button instead, so I did this:
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.confand added
blacklist xpadwhich resulted in that my Dpad doesn’t work, so I can’t move when playing SNES/NES…but all the other buttons seem to work, except that start/select are mapped to the trigger buttons. Before blacklisting xpad everything worked fine.
So, this is where I’m at. Could use a little help now since I’ve looked through a lot of information thus far and nothing seems to help me.
Threads I’ve checked:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.