Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Xbox 360 Wireless controller problems

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    clockwise
    Participant

So I’ve spent a few hours now trying to get my wireless Xbox controller to work, and have been somewhat successful. The way I did this was like this:

1. I installed the Xboxdrv using the following command: sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

2. Added this line after Exit 0 in the /etc/rc.local: `xboxdrv –trigger-as-button –wid 0 –led 2 –deadzone 4000 –silent &
    sleep 1`

3. I then added the cfg file for my controller according to this: `sudo chown pi /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg`

4. Success! The controller works, but the xbox button is blinking annoyingly. I can’t exit SNES emulator either so these are the next issues I tried to fix.

5. I changed the cfg-file like this: sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and tried a few different lines for exiting the emulator. I’ve tried:

input_exit_emulator_btn = “1″
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 1
    input_exit_emulator = “1″
    input_exit_emulator = 1

Nothing works. (I do not have a ‘#’ at the beginning of the line). This is also the ONLY change I’ve done to the cfg-file.

6. I gave up and felt like fixing the blinking button instead, so I did this: sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf and added blacklist xpad which resulted in that my Dpad doesn’t work, so I can’t move when playing SNES/NES…but all the other buttons seem to work, except that start/select are mapped to the trigger buttons. Before blacklisting xpad everything worked fine.

So, this is where I’m at. Could use a little help now since I’ve looked through a lot of information thus far and nothing seems to help me.

Threads I’ve checked:
    Blinking light

Remove xpad and use xboxdrv instead to stop controller light flashing constantly

Installing controller

xbox controller config

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

Exit emulator

Can't change emulator exit button

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.