Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie XBox 360 Wired – EmulationStation not detecting the Right Trigger

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mw99
    Participant

I’m using an Afterglow XBox 360 wired USB controller connected to my Pi via a powered USB hub. My Pi is a Model B running RetroPie 3.3.1 Wheezy. When setting up the controller via EmulationStation, I am able to configure all the buttons correctly except for the Right Trigger. When it prompts me to press it, it just skips over it and says “Not defined”. I have re-installed the XBox 360 controller drivers via the RetroPie Setup Script, but that did not fix it. There is nothing wrong with the controller itself as it works just fine on my PC/Xbox.

I’ve searched around and this appears to be a fairly common issue, but all the solutions say to update the drivers, which I have done and that did not fix it.

If someone could help me out with this I would appreciate it!

herbfargus

Did you go back and change it after you finished configuring all your other buttons before your pressed ok?

mw99
    Participant

[quote=114596]Did you go back and change it after you finished configuring all your other buttons before your pressed ok?

[/quote]
    No, after a button is configured I don’t know of a way to go back and change it except for restarting the configuration. I don’t think that has anything to do with it though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe it’s different with wired controllers, but when I configure my wireless controller at the first boot of a new image, it doesn’t detect the right trigger either, but all I do is install xboxdrv then reboot, when emulation boots up again, it ask me to configure controller again, and then the right trigger is recognized, maybe try that if you haven’t installed xboxdrv

mw99
    Participant

[quote=114600]Maybe it’s different with wired controllers, but when I configure my wireless controller at the first boot of a new image, it doesn’t detect the right trigger either, but all I do is install xboxdrv then reboot, when emulation boots up again, it ask me to configure controller again, and then the right trigger is recognized, maybe try that if you haven’t installed xboxdrv

[/quote]
    Does xboxdrv get installed when choosing the “XBox 360 driver” in RetroArch Setup > Install individual emulators > Xbox360 driver?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The way I install it is through through the retropie setup menu

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it’s the third option

Setup/configuration (to be used post install)

Towards the bottom of that is xboxdrv

But like I said it’s what I do with wireless, but worth a shot for you I guess

herbfargus
    mw99
    Participant

[quote=114607]I think it’s the third option

Setup/configuration (to be used post install)

Towards the bottom of that is xboxdrv

But like I said it’s what I do with wireless, but worth a shot for you I guess

[/quote]
    Ah, I had been going to the “Install individual emulators” menu and installing it from there. I went to the Setup/config menu and enabled xboxdrv and that has fixed my issue. Thanks!

labelwhore
    Participant

Don’t shy away from the additional config stuff that I added to the wiki last night. It helps with a lot of emulators.

mw99
    Participant

[quote=114645]Don’t shy away from the additional config stuff that I added to the wiki last night. It helps with a lot of emulators.

[/quote]
    What was added?

labelwhore
    Participant

Alternate controller configs. So configurations for Atari800, c64, pc, etc. There are a couple extra manual steps to get it working.

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller#alternate-controller-configurations

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.