Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been working with my existing XBox 360 controllers and the PC USB Adapter on my RetroPie. I’ve read some people say that the lag they have makes them unusable for faster games. I can’t necessarily say that they lag, but when playing games like Mario Bros, there are some times where certain button presses might be lagging enough to be annoying and make things not go as they should.

Assuming my ‘issues’ are due to lag and not the fact that I’m a ‘bit’ older than I was when I last played on the actual NES system, how do the XBox One controllers compare with RetroPie relative to the 360 controllers? Is the lag I’ve read about (and may be experiencing to a degree) something in the controller itself, or is it in the driver implementation? Does anyone have any firsthand experience with both on the RetroPie?

Worst case maybe I should order a Control Block and figure out the best way to wire up the actual NES, SNES and N64 controllers to the RetroPie.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.