Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie XBOX 360 Controller in Reicast (Dreamcast)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ramdor
    Participant

Hi guys.

I followed HerbFargus guide on GitHum to automatically configure my wireless XBOX 360 controllers. All 4 controllers work great everywhere (emulationstation + all other emulatores) but reicast (dreamcast) emulator. I plugged in a logitech usb controller and that worked fine in Reicast. However, Reicast doesn’t seem to recognize the XBOX controllers. Do I have to do something special for Reicast for my XBOX controllers to work.

Pi Model: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
    Retropie version: 3.3

Thanks for the help.

herbfargus
    ramdor
    Participant

Thanks for the reply but can you be more specific as to what i need to do?

Is there something on the GITHUB page i missed?

I believe my hex values match what you have in the configs you gave in the other thread.

labelwhore
    Participant

Intructions are on the very bottom of that page. You’ll need to edit /home/pi/.reicast/emu.cfg

When I ran through the setup, the config had the correct hex values, but didn’t work. Manually typing them in fixed it for some reason. I have no idea why.

ramdor
    Participant

I have done most of my work through my computer over the network (samba-shares) because my Linux knowledge is non-existent. I can find \\RETROPIE\configs\dreamcast\emu.cfg. Is that folder the same as ‘/home/pi/.reicast/emu.cfg’? This is what my \\RETROPIE\configs\dreamcast\emu.cfg looks like:

[audio]
    backend = oss
    disable = 0

[config]
    Debug.SerialConsoleEnabled = 0
    Dreamcast.Broadcast = 4
    Dreamcast.Cable = 3
    Dreamcast.RTC = 2084393212
    Dreamcast.Region = 3
    Dynarec.Enabled = 1
    Dynarec.idleskip = 1
    Dynarec.unstable-opt = 0
    aica.LimitFPS = 1
    aica.NoBatch = 0
    aica.NoSound = 0
    bios.UseReios = 0
    pvr.MaxThreads = 3
    pvr.Subdivide = 0
    pvr.SynchronousRendering = 0
    pvr.rend = 0
    rend.UseMipmaps = 1
    rend.WideScreen = 0
    ta.skip = 0

[input]
    evdev_device_id_1 = 5
    evdev_device_id_2 = 6
    evdev_device_id_3 = 7
    evdev_device_id_4 = -1
    evdev_mapping_1 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/controller_XboxGamepad(userspacedriver)#2.cfg
    evdev_mapping_2 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/controller_XboxGamepad(userspacedriver)#3.cfg
    evdev_mapping_3 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/controller_XboxGamepad(userspacedriver)#4.cfg
    joystick_device_id = -1

[reios]
    ElfFile =

[validate]
    OpenGlChecks = 0

I tried typing /home/pi/.reicast/emu.cfg into my raspberry terminal but i get a permisson denied error.

Sorry i’m noob.
    Thanks for the help.

ramdor
    Participant

Here are my config folders if this helps.

ramdor
    Participant

labelwhore
    Participant

Those files don’t really look right to me. Take a look at this thread where a few people were having the same problem, including me.

Dreamcast

ramdor
    Participant

I had another look at that page and some progress was made. Now my wireless xbox 360 controller connect as player 2 (indicated by light on controller) works except for the left and right trigger buttons. However, it is only player 2 that works; no others. I think it might be because my emu.cfg inputs are jacked:

[input]
    evdev_device_id_1 = 5
    evdev_device_id_2 = 6
    evdev_device_id_3 = 7
    evdev_device_id_4 = -1
    evdev_mapping_1 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/controller_XboxGamepad(userspacedriver)#2.cfg
    evdev_mapping_2 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/controller_XboxGamepad(userspacedriver)#3.cfg
    evdev_mapping_3 = /opt/retropie/configs/dreamcast/mappings/controller_XboxGamepad(userspacedriver)#4.cfg
    joystick_device_id = -1

Doesn’t even seem like controller 1 is even listed here. I tried to change something in this emu.cfg file but when i boot it just reverts back to original and all changes that were made disappear.

So now my question is 1)How can i get my left and right back trigger buttons to work on the one working controller. 2)How can i get controllers connected as players 1,3,4 to work?

Thank you again for your help. You have been great so far.

ramdor
    Participant

more of my files…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.