Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Xbox 360 Controller for PiFBA and MAME

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wolf118
    Participant

Hello!
    I’ve been working on this most of the day yesterday trying out various things to get my controller to work with PiFBA and MAME. My xbox 360 gamepad works with NES, SNES and Cave Story. I tried it on PiFBA and MAME, but to no avail. The keyboard works fine on everything, it’s just the gamepad. The center light has a constant blinking even after try step 1 on the https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller post. Most posts I see, people either can’t run the controller on any emulators or all emulators, so I’m not sure what’s stopping me here. I apologize if this has been solved, but I can’t seem to find an answer on these forums or elsewhere. Any help would be truly appreciated!

borlandoflorida
    Participant

Is it what is being described here: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/mame-cannot-find-joystick/ ?

If so, then may I suggest keeping this under the one post (mentioned in the link)?

wolf118
    Participant

Maybe..? Except none of the buttons on my controller work at all and in PiFBA, tab doesn’t open an emulator menu, it just adds a coin. I’m not sure what the button would be for the emulator menu in that case in PiFBA. If you think these are all related, I’m fine with keeping it to one post but even having one button work would be a great start in me troubleshooting the problem

wolf118
    Participant

My apologies, no idea how, but something I did eventually fixed it and all I had to do was re-map the buttons again. My thread is now solved. Sorry that I do not have any information as to how I fixed it :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.