Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey,
    total linux noob here (i have literally no knowledge about linux, so talk to me like i’m a moron)
    I’ve just started using retropie, and whilst i can get games working, i can’t get my xbox controller to link up to the raspberry pi.
    The pi itself is a Generation 1 version B.
    I’ve tried the sudo apt-get xboxdrv, and whilst that appears to have done something, whenever i start it up with my xbox controller and keyboard attached, neither seem to work.
    Please help!

labelwhore
    Participant

I don’t think you’re done setting things up. It sounds like you installed the driver, but it is not actually running without further changes. See this page:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

Although, if you use the option in retropie_setup to install xboxdrv, it does everything on that page automatically for you.

thegreatdevourer
    Participant

i’ve done the thing in cd RetroPie-Setup $ that allows you to enable xboxdrv, and that doesn’t work. Whenever start it up with both my keyboard and the controller, it is very laggy, but whenever i open the start menu to change the input, it freezes.

labelwhore
    Participant

I’ve never seen that issue before. Did you start from one of the images on this site? or did you start from noobs then install retropie on top of that?

if it was the latter, maybe try from a fresh image from this site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.