Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Wirelessly charging?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was wondering if anyone has any experience/luck wirelessly charging a PI? I’m working on my handheld Gameboy, and thought it’d be cool to be able to have wireless charging in it rather than having to deal with more coords.

herbfargus

You’d have to have some sort of induction battery. I’ve never seen it done- not to say it isn’t possible but its a cool idea.

zigurana
    Participant

If you already have a battery and charging circuit working with a uUSB connector, then it can be as easy as plugging in an aftermarket XI receiver. They cost about $8, when you get them from China. The bases you can get anywhere nowadays, even Ikea has them.

If you don’t, well then get that first! That’s the tricky part I think, seeing how finicky the pie is with its power supply.

Be aware that wireless charging does generate some heat, plus its really slow. You might not want that.
    I would opt for a solution where both wired and wireless charging would be possible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.