Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project What's the command to cue an mp3?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RetroMarine
    Participant

I’m putting the last touches on my retro gaming system and I wondered if Anyone knows what command I could add to play a song I downloaded once the splashscreen appears? The song is only a 1 MB mp3 of the nes game legend of zelda. I added it to the sounds folder, I just don’t know how to get it to play from boot. Would I add a command to /boot/config.txt? I obviously don’t know squat about Linux or programming, but I do have common sense. Any help would be appreciated!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

This is not a direct answer to your question, but you might find one possible way for playing music/sounds on boot by following the links at https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/135.

If you or someone lese comes up with a generic solution, I could add this feature to the RetroPie-Setup Script.

moorens
    Participant

You can just do a video for the splash screen. Pretty simple. I added the script here:

Video Splash Screen

@petrockblog

@RetroMarine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.