Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project What To Run or What Not To Run – That Is The Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    iced00d
    Participant

So after TRYING (and failed) to build my Pi from the source code, I noticed a bunch of pre-made ROM directories and emulators. Is it safe to say that these emulators run without any noticeable problems? I know its a loaded question, but I’ve seen some development images (not from this developer) that load everything under the sun without testing. I’m sure this is not the case but wanted to ask before spending a lot of time on this. Second part – what emulators have you (the community) found not to work well with this build? Thanks in advance…

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Make sure you’re fully up to date (as this affects the performance of a few emulators).

My list of tested emulators:
    Gb (libretro) – 100%
    GBC (libretro) – 100%
    GBA (GPSP) – 100%, barring some titles with hacker’s title screens added
    GBA (GPSP-libretro) – 100%, barring some titles with hacker’s title screens added
    Genesis (libretro) – 100%
    NES (libretro) – 100%
    SNES (libretro) – 100% (on Rpi2 this includes SuperFX titles like Star Fox as well!)
    N64 (libretro) – 40%, some titles perfect, most titles laggy, some fail to start
    PSX (libretro) – 100% (with correct settings)
    MAME (libretro) – 100%, but you have to use the correct games to match your BIOS which is always an issue with MAME
    Doom (libretro) – 100%
    Quake III – 100%

iced00d
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m going to use one of the images on the site. Once that is done, is there a cmd to run to update to the latest build? Tks again ..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.