Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project VIdeopac / Odyssey 2 Issues – Please Help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tpr70
    Participant

I’m having trouble getting the Videopac/O2 emulator to load. I’ve got the BIOS file in the right place, and I’ve tried several different roms (from different sources) .zip files, .bin files, etc.

All the directory structures in the lr directories look good, but when I choose a rom, it just goes back to the EmulationStation menu. Never loads.

In my es_log file I get this error:

lvl1: Unknown platform for system “videopac” (platform “videopac” from list “videopac”)

But everything appears to be in the right place. My es_systems file says this:

<name>videopac</name>
    <fullname>Odyssey 2 / Videopac</fullname>
    <path>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/videopac</path>
    <extension>.bin .zip .BIN .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ videopac %ROM%</command>
    <platform>videopac</platform>
    <theme>videopac</theme>

Using the most recent version of RetroPie on an RPi2. Please help! Thank you!

labelwhore
    Participant

Have you tried reinstalling the emulator from retropie_setup? It’s a shot in the dark, because that all looks correct to me.

tpr70
    Participant

RE-installing worked! Another question – Is there any way to map some of the keyboard keys to controller buttons? I want to map the “1” key to one of the buttons on the control pad, but I can’t find anywhere in any of the documentation on how to do that.

labelwhore
    Participant

It should work using the same controls as the other libretro emulators.

tpr70
    Participant

Controls, yes. But some of the games you have to “press 1” on the original console’s keyboard to start the game, and I’m trying to do a stand-alone RetroPie without a keyboard, so I want to be able to map that key to a button on the controller.

labelwhore
    Participant

Maybe I just haven’t run into that yet. I just recently added videopac/odyssey as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.