Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Using PS3 and wireless 360 controllers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rikrok
    Participant

I’m using RetroPie 3.5.

I have 3 wireless 360 controllers and 1 PS3 controller. I have them all working (I enabled the xboxdrv from the setup menu and set the number to 3). You’d think I’d be happy…

The thing is on starting RetroPie it sees 3 xbox controllers as always being connected, even if they are turned off. This makes the PS3 controller number 4. The majority of the time however it’s just me playing and I want to use the PS3 controller as player 1, I much prefer the d-pad.

Is there anyway to make the xbox driver load it’s controllers into positions 2 to 4, leaving space for the PS3 controller to connect as number 1?

labelwhore
    Participant

Yes. Take a look at the --wid 0 --led 2 in the line that starts up the xboxdrv in etc/rc.local. Add 1 to all of these. So --wid 0 --led 2 becomes --wid 1 --led 3 and --wid 2 --led 4 becomes --wid 3 --led 5, etc.

rikrok
    Participant

Thanks, I tried this though and in etc/rc.local it had –id not –wid (I’m guessing the w is for wireless). I changed it all the same but it didn’t make a difference…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.