Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello guys, i im using a usb controller that works in menu but when i start the game the controller stop working.. anyone have some ideas? tks.

herbfargus

You need to configure the controller for retroarch. You only have it configured for emulation station. (There are also separate configs for mame which are utilised by pressing the tab key during the game, GBA you press F10, and FBA has a config file called fba2x.cfg)

Floob made some good videos detailing how to do this:

(For future reference spend a little more effort looking through the forum because it is very likely that someone else has the same issue that you have. It helps to keep the forum clean of duplicate posts plus you learn things better when you work for it ;) )

joaomluz
    Participant

Thanks man!!.. i will try it and i let you know if that works.. :)

joaomluz
    Participant

Well now im taking this when i try to configurate the retroarch:

ls: cannot access /dev/input/js*: No such file or directory
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/retroarch-joyconfig: option ‘–joypad’ requires an argument
    Couldn’t open joystick #0.
    grep: /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/tempconfig.cfg: No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/tempconfig.cfg’: No such file or directory

:(

herbfargus

There may have been some changes in the file structure from when those videos were made. What version of Raspberry Pi are you using? B+ or Model 2? Did you install from source or are you using the 2.5 SD image? Which USB controller are you using (SNES ibuffalo… n64?) Specifying the details of your hardware and software can help identify the issue.

dpadder
    Participant

I second that Retro Arch is the fix for this mate. You only have to do it once.

joaomluz
    Participant

Im using the B+ model with the RetroPie 2.3 SD Image and using this generic controller:

http://www.kabum.com.br/produto/47814/lite-controle-usb-com-fio-para-pc-preto-sc101-51688/?tag=controle%20usb

I tried to configure the controller using the config “Register RetroArch controller” and then i take this error:

ls: cannot access /dev/input/js*: No such file or directory
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/retroarch-joyconfig: option ‘–joypad’ requires an argument
    Couldn’t open joystick #0.
    grep: /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/tempconfig.cfg: No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/tempconfig.cfg’: No such file or directory

I`m just want to know if anyone experienced this situation because i will debug it anyway. :)

tks.

herbfargus

I’m not quite sure what to tell you. If the retroarch config thing doesn’t work another option you can do is edit the retroarch.cfg manually (that’s what I ended up doing)

From terminal:

sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

save by using control and x, then y for yes, then enter for filename (make sure you don’t accidentally hit a key and mess it up)

This is an example of what you would add:

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 2
    input_player1_a_btn = 1
    input_player1_y_btn = 3
    input_player1_x_btn = 0
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_start_btn = 9
    input_player1_select_btn = 8
    input_player1_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player1_up_axis = -1
    input_player1_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player1_down_axis = +1
    input_player1_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player1_left_axis = -0
    input_player1_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player1_right_axis = +0
    labelwhore
    Participant

^^ that’s what I had to do too.

kayemdubs
    Participant

I am also unable to get retroarch to config my controller. I am using a tomee usb snes controller. I have the B+ model with RetroPie 2.3

Below is what I am seeing. Has anyone figured out this matter yet?

Thanks,

/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/supplementary/retroarchjoyconfig.sh: line 14: /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/retroarch-joyconfig: No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs’: No such file or directory

pirk
    Participant

Hi all.

I’m working playing with three different controllers, and the setup script “Register retroarch controller” worked for 2 of them, but not for the third.

It works for my Xbox 360 and my Play Sega controller, but not for my Logitech Gamepad F310.

Similar error message to the above two messages:

Couldn’t open joystick #1.

pirk
    Participant

Oops, nevermind, it ended up working after I completed the setup of the other two controllers.

So, to summarize:
    Configuring the logitech F310 as the second controller after configuring the XBox controller didn’t work. But configuring the Logitech F310 as a third controller after configuring the Xbox and Play Sega controllers worked.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.