Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    whise
    Participant

How can i uninstall (safely) these games?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The easiest way is to go into the roms folder under RetroPie and delete their respective folders there. When you reload or reboot, they will be gone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can also follow the steps in this thread and edit the es_systems.cfg file, . This way also allows you to choose which emulators show up in ES.

roquen
    Participant

The easiest and safest route is to Use # to comment out the systems you don’t want displayed in the es_systems file .

hlotac
    Participant

How do i go about adding back emulators i have removed? I managed to remove the “input config” stuff, and i want it back. I deleted it from the roms directory.

Is there some place i can redownload these things? (i have tried re-running install binaries without any luck).

farhax
    Participant

hlotac,

just add the following to the end of the es_systems.cfg file

DESCNAME=Input Configuration
    NAME=esconfig
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/esconfig
    EXTENSION=.sh .SH
    COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/esconfig/Start.sh

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just commented out systems in /etc/es_config.cfg but emulators are still there. Any hint to remove unused / unwanted emulators to simplify the list?

peter

asbesto, this is what I did:
    I opened my FTP client and connected to my PI. in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms I created a new directory called _unused * and then I moved all direcotries(=systems) that I don’t need into the _unused directory (e.g. atari, n64, msx, etc.). that’s it. there is no need to change any config files.

alternatively, I could have deleted all directories, but this solution seemed to be more appropriate since if I ever want to put up some N64 or Atari stuff onto my PI, I simply move back the belonging folder and don’t have to worry about how it was called.

* the _ prefix is simply to have this directory stay on top in the roms directory when I connect via SFTP to transfer stuff

Anonymous
    Inactive

What I mean is – how to remove emulators from the emulationstation list? I dont want IBM and NES and APPLE 2 in the scrolling logos – only MAME. How to do this? There are no IBM roms for DOS emulation, so can’t do your trick.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you everyone :D

peter

so you say in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/
    you only have the 2 subfolders
    – mame
    – _unused
    and ES still shows NES, IBM etc.?! cannot be…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.