Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Trouble mapping Dualshock 4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jmaxime89
    Participant

Hi ! Long time user here and everytime I had issues with something this forum had been a great help.

Yesterday I freshly started on my Pi2 the latest image of retropie wheezy

I transfered my roms and everything works fine with my SNES controller.

However when I map my WIRED PS4 controller either the buttons are all wrong OR I map it in retroarch and the controls are fine minus D-pad RIGHT which strangely never register in retroarch and no hot keys at all works when I modify my config file here :

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads

Strangely my config file for the PS4 controller is either called

PS4 Controller (when I manually map it in retroarch)
    or
    Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller (when mapped in emulationstation)

I did try this :

https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/master/udev/Sony-PlayStation4-DualShock4-Controller.cfg

But it doesn’t work, all of the buttons are wrong and when I map it correctly and restart the pi it seems like it doesn’t refer to that file at all as all of the buttons are wrong again.
    The only two files I have here /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads
    is RetroUSB.comSNESRetroPort.cfg
    and
    PS4 Controller.cfg

Sorry for the long post and probably bad english. All in all what I want is :

To be able to play with my SNES controller and exiting the roms with my hotkeys
    And when I want to play playstation games I want to be able to plus my dualshock 4 and play the game while still be able to exit said game using mapped hotkeys for this controller.

Thanks so much guys

jmaxime89
    Participant

UPDATE : I just realised that whatever I have in

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/

Retroarch never reads it.

When I have emulationstation’s mapping and naming(sony entertainment wireless controller) R3 is select (which is my hotkey enable also)

When I use retroarch mapping and naming (PS4 controller) the outcome is exactly the same all buttons messed up; R3 = select.

When I use a file I found on github named Sony-Playstation4-DualShock4-Controller the outcome is once again the same, R3 = select for instance

When this folder is empty my controller still have the same mapping in game…

I see there is a variance in emulationstation and retroarch naming of the buttons (Retroarch Start = 6 emulationstation Start = 9)

Thanks once again ! I hope one of who will see this and take the time to help me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.