Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Tried Logitech 310 after 510

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Computer Ninja
    Participant

Same issue as the 510. I had RetroPie 3.2 and now 3.3.1 and neither of these allow the use of my Logitech controllers.

It boots to the screen with emulators and starts off on the Amiga emulator. I am unable to move left or right or press Start to get to the menu. Any ideas?

herbfargus

See this video:

Computer Ninja
    Participant

I didn’t know about 0, 1, 2, 3. I had a USB WiFi Dongle in 0… hoped moving F310 to port 0 would do it, but Emulastation doesn’t detect my gamepad still.

Is there a way to “reset” it using command line?

herbfargus

On the back of your gamepad is it switched to direct input or xinput? Xinput is the only setting that works. Dinput doesn’t even register which may explain your issue.

Computer Ninja
    Participant

Sadly, it’s on Xinput. What else?

herbfargus

In /etc/emulationstation or /home/pi/.emulationstation there’s a file called es_input.cfg I believe. You can delete the old configs on there so that when it reboots it will ask you to configure your controller again (leave the first line that calls the input configuration.sh as that calls the scripts that configure retroarch configs. ) do you not have a keyboard to work with?

Computer Ninja
    Participant

I got into the configs with a keyboard and see my joypad is set to “unset”.

So I’m going to mess with that now and report back.

Computer Ninja
    Participant

So, I went through the configuration of the F310 through the RGUI, but when it gets back to Emulation Station, the controller does not work.

I had to manually save a NEW configuration through the RGUI as the mappings didn’t initially “take”.

What else might I be missing here?

Computer Ninja
    Participant

[quote=113682]In /etc/emulationstation or /home/pi/.emulationstation there’s a file called es_input.cfg I believe. You can delete the old configs on there so that when it reboots it will ask you to configure your controller again (leave the first line that calls the input configuration.sh as that calls the scripts that configure retroarch configs. ) do you not have a keyboard to work with?

[/quote]

FINALLY. I was able to get ES to start over by removing the es_input.cfg file that was in the pi folder.

Now I need to configure each system it seems. SNES didn’t work.

Thanks again.

herbfargus

Did you end up removing the input configuration line that I said to keep in? If so, That’s why it wasn’t configured for each system.

Computer Ninja
    Participant

Shoot… that’s for sure it.

This line?

#include “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”

herbfargus

No. It calls input configuration.sh anytime controllers are configured in emulationstation. there should be a es_input.cfg.bak file that may still have it, if not when I have access to my pi later I’ll post my config. Also just out of curiosity did you start from a fresh image or did you upgrade from a previous version? That may also explain some of the inconsistencies
    you’ve been having if you upgraded.

(Though if you followed my video I show how to build the retroarch autoconfig file manually which accomplishes the same thing the script does)

Computer Ninja
    Participant

I did an upgrade. I was thinking about just butchering the whole thing and starting over… would probably have been much easier. :)

herbfargus

Alright here you are:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <inputList>
      <inputAction type="onfinish">
     <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/emulationstation/scripts/inputconfiguration.sh</command>
      </inputAction>
      <inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="Logitech Gamepad F310">
        <input name="pagedown" type="button" id="5" value="1"/>
        <input name="start" type="button" id="7" value="1"/>
        <input name="pageup" type="button" id="4" value="1"/>
        <input name="up" type="hat" id="0" value="1"/>
        <input name="a" type="button" id="1" value="1"/>
        <input name="b" type="button" id="0" value="1"/>
        <input name="down" type="hat" id="0" value="4"/>
        <input name="right" type="hat" id="0" value="2"/>
        <input name="select" type="button" id="6" value="1"/>
        <input name="left" type="hat" id="0" value="8"/>
      </inputConfig>
    </inputList>

But yes I usually prefer to start from a fresh image (also just as a side note, in the future when emulationstation is updated from the script it should be generated automatically if its missing https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/commit/1bafde93d96820d8219ad1512e32eed3ffde24c8 )

Computer Ninja
    Participant

Finally got it all working. Now to do some tweaking and learn about shaders, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.