Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    samme
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I just downloaded the the ClearConsoleTheme.zip. Looks awesome BTW, great job Florian. But Im having trouble installing it. I tried to place the extracted folder in the /home directory, per the included instructions, using cyberduck but I keep getting a permissions error. Am I putting it in the wrong place? I installed the “MyMenu” font in the /home folder earlier because I changed the emulation station Menu and that worked fine. Thanks for any help and all your guys hard work it really is great.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Try SFTP using Filezilla instead

sewersurfer
    Participant

So how do I install a new theme? I wasn´t able to find a detailed “how to”… Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

And does this have the potential to ruin my existing boxart and gamelists? I put a little work into setting up all boxart and game titles for my NES, SNES, Genesis games and don´t want to loose that.

thanks

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Firstly it’s a good idea to backup your RetroPie image if you have spent a lot of time configuring it. Use win32diskimager: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/latest/download (be careful with this, search for a tutorial if not sure)

Changing themes will not affect your boxart or gamelists as they are located in the relevant ROM folders.

All ES themes are located in /home/pi/.emulationstation
    If you navigate to that folder you will see corresponding folders for all of the emulators. You need to delete the old emulator theme folder and replace with the new one and reboot.

Good luck

sewersurfer
    Participant

I tried that, but it didn´t pick up the correct artwork. The Emulators are mainly plain white or black or half blue, half white (Atari 2600) now, but not the artwork they should be according to the ClearConsoleThemeV1.1.

I replaced all folders in the ./emulationstation folder with the new ones from clear console theme.
    Anything else I need to do??

trimmtrabb
    Participant

How are you transferring the files over?

sewersurfer
    Participant

Just as you suggusted I used filezilla (sftp).

trimmtrabb
    Participant

don’t know what to suggest apart from checking the files (including the theme.xml files) have transferred over correctly? Sorry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.