Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Pardon my ignorance if I’m posting this in the wrong place.

I would love to see these systems included, as there where many great games, and programs I’d like to relive.

Atari 5200
    Atari 7800
    Atari Lynx
    Atari Jaguar
    ColecoVision
    GCE Vectrex
    Kaypro II
    Magnavox Odyssey 2
    Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer

Thanks in advance.

nolageek
    Participant

I’ve found this ColecoVision emulator. I may check it out tonight:

http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/

If it can run on the raspberry pi it shouldn’t be too hard to add it to CS – correct?

Jason Whiteman
    Participant

trs-80
    http://sdltrs.sourceforge.net/index.html

odyssey 2
    o2em.sourceforge.net/

… also Magnavox Odyssey 2 is part of MESS along with the Atari systems requested.

One of the guides on MESS for Raspberry:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=23113

MESS emulated systems:

http://www.mess.org/mess/driver_status

There is also Kaypro IIx support in MESS according to various sources although it is not listed in the above link.

It’s a start.

Regards,
    Jason

Afterthought:

Note that AdvanceMESS is circa 2005 while the MAMEdev.org sources are actively developed with changes ongoing. I’m not sure what led previous work down the AdvanceMESS path vs. the latest.

nolageek
    Participant

This looks pretty awesome. I’d like it just for Vectrex support alone. I have only been messing with retropie for a few days – how hard would it be to add vectrx/coleco support to ES using MESS?

Jason Whiteman
    Participant

It’s taking a while – mess (latest version) is still compiling.

In parallel, I decided to kick off a TRS-80 compile which is a much smaller project. Following the guide (cd src/Linux ; sudo make) using sdltrs_1_1_0.tar.gz seems to be working fine.

For sdltrs:

I had to add “-lX11” to the library switches. Otherwise, everything worked fine. I’m not sure how well it works, but it does load into graphics mode from a console and F7 brought up a configuration menu.

Regards,
    Jason

electromaster64
    Participant

Atari 5200
    Atari 7800
    Atari Lynx
    Atari Jaguar
    ColecoVision
    GCE Vectrex
    Kaypro II
    Magnavox Odyssey 2
    Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer

agreed!

would also like to see Neo Geo Pocket, Wonderswan, and Philips CD-I, and 3D0 added as well.

xtrino
    Participant

I would like to see Amiga CD32 emulation :)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

lynx is now available and vectrex went in today as an experimental module.

electromaster64
    Participant

[quote=85047]lynx is now available and vectrex went in today as an experimental module.[/quote]

How do I get the Lynx on my Pi now that it is available?

electromaster64
    Participant

double post sorry

brakanje
    Participant

since 5200 and 7800 are both supported by stella all you need to do is copy the 2600 in the systems menu and change the instances of 26 to 52 or 78 respectively. I just tested it with the 52 and played “2 pak special dark blue wall defender &…” without any issue.

gizmo98
    Participant

Just use SD Card image 2.4.2.

dtungsten
    Participant

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I got Virtual Boy emulation working (on a Raspberry Pi 2) via compiling mednafen-vb-libretro and also via mednafen-0.9 from the ‘Jessie’ Debian repository.

I actually got 3D to work with my TV with the plain mednafen version, but not from within the emulation station frontend.

I also would like 7800 emulation, so I’ll be working on that at some point if someone doesn’t get to it before me.

gizmo98
    Participant

You can try to fix prosystem libretro. It compiles and starts but there is always a black screen and no sound.

dtungsten
    Participant

I’ll check it out. If I do get it working, I can post a patch on github.

gusgmb
    Participant

Atari 5200
    Atari 7800
    Atari Jaguar

These 3 would be great

dtungsten
    Participant

It should already have support for 5200, but I haven’t got it to work for me yet.

labelwhore
    Participant

5200 roms work great in atari800.

dtungsten
    Participant

I was able to get a 5200 to boot last night in Atari 800. Had trouble with the controls, though. I’m sure I’ll get it working. I’d like help with the documentation and getting the stock configuration streamlined.

dtungsten
    Participant

I got 7800 working using AdvanceMESS. It’s not a part of RetroPie, so I’d still like to fix prosystem libretro for inclusion in RetroPie, but it does work.

iesposta
    Participant

[quote=90490]I got 7800 working using AdvanceMESS. It’s not a part of RetroPie, so I’d still like to fix prosystem libretro for inclusion in RetroPie, but it does work.[/quote]

I also got 7800 working using AdvanceMESS, but I compiled from source and launch in root from the command line. Turning off all video options (and I think I have VSync off) it runs good on RPi2 @ 1000MHz.

I would still like a Prosystem build. I have a custom PSP binary version that fixes some old bugs that got fixes in the Wii build, but not in the Win build.

Even with some great advances in new games and new hardware for the Atari 7800, some aspects of the 7800 seem to have a curse over them, being it emulators, flash carts, Dev Carts, Expansion Module hardware, customised anniversary editions, etc.

dtungsten
    Participant

[quote=90718]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dtungsten wrote:</div>
    I got 7800 working using AdvanceMESS. It’s not a part of RetroPie, so I’d still like to fix prosystem libretro for inclusion in RetroPie, but it does work.

I also got 7800 working using AdvanceMESS, but I compiled from source and launch in root from the command line. Turning off all video options (and I think I have VSync off) it runs good on RPi2 @ 1000MHz.

I would still like a Prosystem build. I have a custom PSP binary version that fixes some old bugs that got fixes in the Wii build, but not in the Win build.

Even with some great advances in new games and new hardware for the Atari 7800, some aspects of the 7800 seem to have a curse over them, being it emulators, flash carts, Dev Carts, Expansion Module hardware, customised anniversary editions, etc.
    [/quote]

I used Shea Silverman’s build, and it didn’t run right with HDMI audio. There were audio issues slowing it down, but I was able to get it semi-useable by changing the latency to 0.40. By instead forcing the audio to the analog audio port, it worked pretty much fine.

cyberload
    Participant

BBC Micro emulator in ES would be great. I compiled the unix version and it works very well on rpi2 except there is sound lag. The game play full speed there is also a pandora version with source.

dtungsten
    Participant

Atari 5200/7800 are officially supported and working in 3.0 so yay!

kimberly2000
    Participant

Since I posted this original message, and with the upgrade to 3.0 I must say I am most happy. :)

Thank you so much!

dtungsten
    Participant

I got Colecovision working.

herbfargus

[quote=106124]I got Colecovision working.

[/quote]

Which emulator did you use?

dtungsten
    Participant

Unfortunately, it was the unsupported closed source coolcv, but it worked great, and was easy to integrate into emulation station. I was also able to get Shea Silverman’s old build of advmess to run Colecovision, but with issues, not recommended. I’d think that a new build of libretro mame/mess build would be the ideal, however lr-bluemsx and lr-fba might alternatively be able to do it. I know for sure bluemsx can run it, I’m just not sure if/how to do it in RetroPie.

herbfargus

Yeah it’s too bad closed source stuff is closed source ha ha. I’ve gotten colecovision running with bluemsx but its missing controller hooks for now so it’s basically useless and will need recoding in order for it to work. I haven’t tried lr-fba but I’m guessing that’s in the same boat.

dtungsten
    Participant

If I miraculously get time, I’ll try to compile something and see. I’d be willing to supply instructions, or put it on my blog for those that want to try coolcv in the meantime. (It’s falling off a log simple for anyone who can edit a config file.)

chubakwa
    Participant

commodore +4 / C16 would be great :-)!!!!!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

There is a +4 emulator already – use the c64 folder, and switch emulator on launch (to vice-xplus4)

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.