Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project SVGs in EmulationStation theme not showing strokes?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was playing with themes, and ended up creating a new logo image for Neo Geo in SVG format. The logo has a fill color and a stroke, to separate it from the light background on the system select menu. In EmulationStation, the fill color shows up fine, but the stroke is not there. The stroke shows up in Chrome, IE, and of course Inkscape.

I realize I could convert it to a PNG and make versions to scale and stuff, but I feel this would be a bug worth reporting in EmulationStation as long as it’s not just me screwing something up. :)

Has anyone else run into this? Thanks!

rookervik
    Participant

Correct. EmulationStation does not display strokes in SVG files. I’ve had extensive testing on this subject. You are forced to “convert strokes to shapes” to get them to display in ES. Sadly, this GREATLY increases the file size of the SVG in most cases :D

I don’t think we’ll ever see an update for ES though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is about the third “but ES isn’t being worked on anymore” thread I’ve run across today. I hear Attract Mode is being considered as an alternative. I’m skeptical of it only because all of the decent looking themes I’ve seen have relied on what looked like impractical amounts of per-rom custom images.

Some of this stuff seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to fix up if I only had a ton of time to dive into ES. :\

herbfargus

This might be worth a shot:

Updated RetroPie tab in EmulationStation

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice catch, herbfargus! (And thanks chito, if you’re reading this!)

I’ll have to see if I can work out the matching setting in inkscape.

herbfargus

I vaguely remember using path to object or something with inkscape, there were a few things that took some tweaking but as rook said its not nearly as optimised as it could be.

zigurana
    Participant

So I know nothing about svg’s, but I would be willing to try and update the svg library that is being used in ES (nanosvg).
    To be able to test this, could you please send me the (links to) test files that should work but currently do not, as well as those that do work? (for reference: I assume that the rasterization in Chrome can be taken as a gold-standard?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.