Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve played the Windows version of the Streets of Rage remake and it’s great, I’ve noticed there is a version for Linux! I don’t have many Linux skills, but do you think it would possible to get to work in Retropie?

http://soronline.net/sorr_downloads.htm

windjammersfan
    Participant

I’d love to see that, so any info on getting this working in Retropie would be ace.

dishins
    Participant

Unfortunately it its closed source so its very unlikely.

Floob

I’ve had a very brief stab, and it seems to be expecting a GUI/X (for zenity) or at least for the menu options anyway.
    It looks like this is core to it:
    http://www.bennugd.org/node/4

But when I try to run it manually I get syntax errors. So not sure if it likes the Wheezy distribution or not really. I dont know enough about linux to do much more unless I try again in X.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Thanks for trying Flood, there is a windows version so at least you guys can have a play, would be awesome to have in Retropie.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

My Linux skills are not to good Flood, it’s a truly great game on Windows would be great to see on Retropie.

Did you have anymore luck in the end?

I may see if I can contact the chap who did the Linux version to see if he can provide any help, I doubt it but worth a go.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Floob, saw this seems some have repackage the install and launcher

http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t148-sor-v5-for-linux-debian-download-links

g0nz0uk
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There are beats of rage games for dreamcast with the .cdi extension, I can get them to boot but they get stuck at a white screen, there’s all kinds of remakes but no luck so far, would be awesome if there was some way to fix that

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Could be promising, I’m not sure what Beats of Rage is, great if it could help with the Streets of Rage remake being emulated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Beats of rage is the engine that people use to make streets of rage remakes, Google it you’ll see alot of cool games

zerojay
    Participant

Beats of Rage is *NOT* remotely the same thing as Streets of Rage Remake. It is an engine for making side scrolling beat-em-ups but was not used in SoRR. SoRR does not have a Linux build for ARM platforms and therefore cannot be played on the Pi unless someone releases source code which isn’t happening.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Settle down there cowboy, was just telling him about the bor games for dreamcast, which are the closest to a remake he’ll get

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Yes he got a little excited there I must agree, thanks for the discussion though – case closed.

Floob

Streets of Rage Remake on RetroPie
    Thanks to zerojay

zerojay
    Participant

I have no idea where you guys are getting any sort of idea that I was getting excited whatsoever…?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s easy to misjudge people’s emotions through text, the *NOT* up there ^ felt like you were yelling, you hurt my feelings :( lol , but nicely done with the port, I’ve yet to try it

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Omg this is the best news I’ve heard in ages, I thought my post was dead, well done, I’m doing this tonight.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

I’m up up to 6mins 25sec and I’m not sure where you copied the mod and palette install files from?

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Ah I re-watched and understand now, I was looking for the Linux files and not the Windows ones…

g0nz0uk
    Participant

OMG! it works.

I’m not sure if it’s related but when I exit back out to the Ports menu in Emulation station, the other Port games can’t be run, they say permission denied. Could be just my install.

Flood – Great video as usual, where would we be with out you!
    Zerojay – Wow what a great piece of work by you, this is just amazing.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.