Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Streets of Rage Remake port?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    charco
    Participant

Hi,

just wondering if it would be possible to get this game working on the Pi 2. I believe someone ported the language it is written in (BennuGD) to Linux.

smithers
    Participant

Hi.

If you mean OpenBOR / Beats of Rage, then see the post I just made in this forum for some good news! :)

charco
    Participant

No, Streets of Rage Remake is not an OpenBOR game, it is a game developed from scratch in the BennuGD programming language, a fork of FENIX.

karloss
    Participant

Shame really, as SORR is amazing, I have the linux build, but it won’t work on the pi :(

charco
    Participant

Seems someone got it working!

zerojay
    Participant

I made an attempt to port BennuGD to pi myself but I couldn’t get past some compilation issues.

charco
    Participant

The guy who made the video says to discuss on the bennuGD forum:

http://forum.bennugd.org/

Please keep us updated if there is any success :)

Very excited about the possibility of adding this wonderful game! Would be great if Sormaker mods could be played on the Pi too :)

dishins
    Participant

tried on a 2B 3.6 RetroPie install, but sadly no success.

zerojay
    Participant

I’m working on it. I did get the game to launch but it crashed not long after. I haven’t had the time to take a second shot at it yet, but will be hopefully soon.

zerojay
    Participant

I have completed the port. As I currently don’t know of any other game that uses BennuGD, I’ve made it a port instead of a system. If anyone wants me to change it, find me some other compatible games to play with it and I could change it.

https://github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/

You can find it under the ports section as sorr.sh.

Make sure you install your data files for the game after installation. Also, do not use anything but the fast fullscreen option. Everything else can hard crash the pi itself.

I don’t know how SORMaker mods work so if you want that, I’m going to need to know how those work and some examples.

charco
    Participant

Sormaker mods are simply placed in the mod->games folder in the sorr folder. They can be accessed from the main menu in the game and played from there.

zerojay
    Participant

Then they should just work fine.

Let me know if the port works for you.

charco
    Participant

Can you tell me what I need to do to install it please?

dishins
    Participant

I got it working fine here, thanks zerojay, you saved the day!

Only a couple issues though:

– The settings aren’t saving upon exit, i have to plug a keyboard and remap my PS3 controller everytime i launch the game, and i can’t map the UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT buttons to d-pad, for some reason i can only use the analog sticks.

– I cannot seem to make the game working in widescreen.

any clues on these?
    thx in advance

zerojay
    Participant

For future reference, it’s best to file a bug on the github issue tracker for this kind of stuff so that I’m more easily aware of the issue (I don’t constantly troll through forum posts).

I took the liberty to create a bug for you on the issue tracker. You can use this to see my work/progress on the issue. If you can provide more detailed information about it, please do post it there: https://github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/issues/81

dishins
    Participant

Thx for looking at this, as stated @github issue tracker the problem is sorted out. I’m now struggling with dpad over analog config for my PS3 Controller and widescreen.

charco
    Participant

Widescreen isn’t natively supported in SORR so could that be it?

zerojay
    Participant

There is no widescreen. It’s made to play in 4:3.

charco
    Participant

So happy to see my favourite game ported to Retropie! Would it be possible to actually port this to RetroArch? Then it could work on any platform and also support shaders!

zerojay
    Participant

You need to talk to the libretro guys. Nothing to do with us.

charco
    Participant

Will do, it’s the same set up for them on github, anyone is free to fork it as it’s open source. I’ll post on their forums and see if someone is interested in doing it. Thanks, and great work on getting this on Retropie!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.