Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello! I have just gotten this on my SD card the manual way, and it loads up all proper. Then right after, I try loading some roms, All of them appear, but the problem is when I load them, they show some code, then instantly go back to the selection screen. I tried cave story and Doom, and they seem to work, but thoes other ones do not work at all. Is there a fix? Thanks!

cacophony555
    Participant

That “code” that you’re seeing is the console output, which probably shows an error explaining why it isn’t working. Not sure if it gets captured in any log, but you could check the es_log in .emulationstation.

The best way to diagnose is to try launching from the command line using the same command that Emulation Station uses. It’s defined by the “COMMAND=” line in .emulationstation/es_systems.cfg for the emulator you’re trying to launch. You’ll need to manually substitute the %ROM% value with a full path to the rom you’re trying to launch, and if the rom title has spaces or other characters like “(” you’ll need to backslash them which can be a pain. To make it easier you could rename your rom something simple like maria.nes, put it in your root directory and then the path could just be something like “/home/pi/mario.nes”

Hope this helps.

kitchuk
    Participant

What roms are you trying g to play? The snes and nes should work fine but you might have trouble with mame and fba zips.

gixxersixxer
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. I downloaded the sd card image and burned it on Jan 28, then I transferred ROMs to their respective folders.

Today I got a controller and found none of the NES games will start. I can see the list and scroll through them but I just get kicked back to the NES emulator screen after selecting a game. I’ve tried Mario Bros, Battle Toads, Contra, Megaman, TMNT, and X-men.

The Sega Game Gear games are working fine for me. I haven’t tried any SNES games.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=4528]What roms are you trying g to play? The snes and nes should work fine but you might have trouble with mame and fba zips. [/quote]
    I put the Legend of Zelda on Nes, Final fantasy II and III plus Chrono Trigger in Snes, and it just kicks me out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was going through my files when I found Debug. It had some kind of helpful information, but nothing that will solve my problem. Could it be a reroute problem when he uses %ROM%? I am looking through and that is a possible problem. I am looking for a log of some sort to see if it captured any of that moving text that flashes. If anyone has a fix, report here right away <3

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Have you tried the roms from another source? Could you post the contents of es_systems.cfg from
    /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found the .emulationstation folder but there was no folder inside, or anything. Is this bad?

trimmtrabb
    Participant

[quote=4564]I found the .emulationstation folder but there was no folder inside, or anything. Is this bad?[/quote]

Did you try the roms from different source?

Did you install via the RetroPie setup script? If so it could be that some packages have failed to install correctly for whatever reason. Try using one of the pre-built Retropie images:
    https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/

Use Windisk32imager to write the image to your card:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Win32-Disk-Imager.shtml

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just fixed the problem. Here is the fix in my way:

First I downloaded it off this site. The one I downloaded was a broken version someone altered. Then make sure to plug in the ethernet, HDMI, keyboard and power supply. Then I went to the wiki on how to install :https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation

I followed the steps kind of exact, it said that there was already a folder for one of these steps so I just skipped that part. After I used Cyberduck to transfer all of my ROMS into the SD card. After that, Also keep in mind that It kicks you straight to the one part where it shows the binary download and others. There should be a reboot. Select that. Then after, it should load up with the ROMS. It was working for me, my first game being The Legend of Zelda.
    I have not tried all the ROMS but thoes were the main ones. Now for some reason DOOM does not work. Don’t really care for it but it would be nice to use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.