Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Small theme "Request"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shoothere
    Participant

Just dived into the wonderful world you peeps put out and so far Pixel is my fave! Will give the others a shot but the “no meta” thing really helps with the “immersion”.

But that aside I was wondering how hard it would be to add a field to a theme (that includes meta) to show the filename. This is to make it easier to clean up the romlists from inside ES itself (and using an iPhone SFTP client).

My CPS collection is especially bad (over 300x Streetfighter 2/3/Alpha’s!) so that would help tremendously as, once scraped, the games order is not tied to the filename and also to easily delete roms that cannot be scraped (those games can be eliminated anyway, for all I care).

herbfargus

Sounds like your issue lies in having too many clones which can be managed more effectively with a building a merged set with clrmamepro:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs#step-5–rebuild-a-rom-set

I would think that the filenames are out of the bounds of theme management and are rather a core emulationstation function which is much more of a headache to sort than a few xml files.

shoothere
    Participant

Well I was always under the impression that this program was “Windows only” but running it with CrossOver worked a charm (as I am a Mac user). Much cleaner set indeed!

herbfargus

As noted on the wiki there is a beta Mac version of clrmamepro.

zigurana
    Participant

I agree, theming should probably not be the solution to your problem. It is an interesting notion though, to be able to see different/additional types of info in a theme.
    Apart from filename, what would we like to see?
    I for one would like to see some kind of condensed date +dev/publisher tag.

So instead of having three tags (“1983.01.01”, “namco” , “namco” ), I would much prefer: “1983 (Namco)”.

Send from mobile, please excuse any brevity and typos.

shoothere
    Participant

Well maybe something more….filesystem related. Like filesize, filename.

Although clrmamepro has solved my problem and the themes I use are the ones without meta it would help with clearing up sets.

Can filesystem operations be done from within ES? Such as delete or rename files?

Would come in especially handy when cleaning up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.