Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi! New to RetroPie but these forums have been incredibly helpful already in getting me set up & going.

I am running RetroPie 3.6 on a Pi3.

I was struggling to get the cheap Bluetooth off-brand PS3 controllers I bought working with my config — I actually screwed something up and had to reimage the MicroSD card, but finally got it working, with one weird glitch. For some reason, the sixad service starts up, but fails with the following errors (from /var/log/sixad):

Can’t get device info: No such device
    No bluetooth adapters found on the system!
    sixad will now quit

If I *then* either ssh in or quit to the terminal prompt, and enter the following:
    sudo /etc/init.d/sixad restart

the sixad process will start up just fine, and I can pair both controllers.

Is there some pi3 bluetooth service that needs to start up before sixad is run? How might I reorder them? (My Linux setup skills are extremely rusty :)

Note: To get these working, I used the “Clone support Shanwan” version under the “Install/pair PS3 controllers” menu in retropie_setup.sh — otherwise the devices wouldn’t pair. This was true even though when I connected them via USB, they appeared as “Gasia” controllers. I also had to install pi-bluetooth, of course, but that seemed to work fine.

rion
    Participant
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.