Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Scraping Playstation EBOOT.pbp's

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skallah
    Participant

I’ve been following this guide to converting my Playstation rips to an .PBP format.

Now that I have a few files and folders created I wanted to scrape these. I’ve tried to rename the PBP to the SLUS ID as well as put the name of the game into the file. Nothing I do seems to get scraper to pick up and identify the files.

Is scraper used only for ISO and IMG files on the Playstation or am I just missing something during this conversion process?

Also forgive my ignorance if this has been answered before. I tried searching the forums for this answer and didn’t come up with anything relevant.

labelwhore
    Participant

I believe the file extension doesn’t matter at all, it’s the filename (not including extension) that the scraper uses. However, there are some caveats. The scraper doesn’t like underscores or brackets, and additional info after the name of the game is generally not helpful. What’s in the files has no bearing on the scraper what-so-ever.

Btw, what did you have to do to get eboot games to work?

skallah
    Participant

Thanks for that info. I’ll try to name the files a friendly game name and see if it picks this up.

The first part of the walkthrough that I linked was pretty helpful in getting the PBP’s converted/working. I just had to edit the /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg to recognize .PBP and .pbp extensions. After that it seemed to launch the limited files I had with no problems. (I’ve only tested with 5 games.)

What issues are you running into getting the EBOOT’s to run? I might be able to replicate.

labelwhore
    Participant

nvm about eboot, I misread the topic title. I thought it said PSP for some reason.

skallah
    Participant

Pretty much answered my own question. The .PBP need to be in your target directory (so sub folders). Just rename the EBOOT.PBP something friendly so Scraper will pick it up.

Inbuilt scraper seems to be the only form of scraper that picks up these games.

I’ve named them accordingly along with the SCUS ID and they pick up for the most part. Some multi discs that I’ve compiled (ala FF7) don’t seem to be identified. I’m looking into it.

But I’ll consider this resolved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.