Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Savestate Directory Folder Floob

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    whywilson1
    Participant

First of all. Your Youtube videos are…beyond awesome and probably the most thorough step by best process on RetroPie.

I’m just now putting the finishing touches on some things such as hotkeys but I wanted to change my save file directory.

I created a new folder under RetroPie via nmdir savestate
    Then I went to the retroarch.cfg and set the savefile and save state directories to /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate

But for whatever reason my saved files are still going straight to the ROM folder, any ideas? Below is a reference.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49671&p=620739

Floob

Could you post your retroarch.cfg as an attachment (you’ll need to rename it to .txt)

I’m assuming you are talking about
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg as opposed to any system specific one.

whywilson1
    Participant

I’m actually in this folder.

/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

I’ll see what I can do about the .txt

Floob

Thats probably the problem, edit the one I have referenced above instead.

whywilson1
    Participant

Well I tried the directory that you reference, still no luck. Savefiles are going into the ROM folder. Also idk how to copy the entire .cfg file on Putty. For whatever reason I am unable to use Filezilla. But below is the only thing I changed.

## Skeleton config file for RetroArch

# Save all save files (*.srm) to this directory. This includes related files like .bsv, .rtc, .psrm, etc …
    # This will be overridden by explicit command line options.
    # savefile_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate

# Save all save states (*.state) to this directory.
    # This will be overridden by explicit command line options.
    # savestate_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate

chdez77076
    Participant

Take the “#” off from the savefile and the savestate line.

Floob

[quote=87576]Take the “#” off from the savefile and the savestate line.[/quote]

What he said

The # sign tells retroarch to ignore the whole line.

whywilson1
    Participant

Well, taking the # off worked it is no longer saving to the ROM folder. But now when I try to save it says failed to save to the savestate directory. Do I have to create that folder some other way besides this?
    sudo mkdir savestate

This is the message
    failed to save to /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate/Donkey Kong Country

unsure why the DKC pops up at the end

Floob

I imagine its a permission issue

If you run
    “ls -lah” in your home directory does it say that user pi has write access?

You could set it so any user has all permissions (better to set it just for Pi, but anyway)
    “sudo chmod -R 777 /home/pi/RetroPie/savestate”

whywilson1
    Participant

Not really sure where it says I have write access but that sudo command worked. Unfortunately I cannot view the savestate folder via Putty :( that would make managing save files easier in the future. Thank you for all the help.

pi@retropie /home $ ls -lah
    total 12K
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Jan 7 2014 .
    drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4.0K Feb 14 23:20 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 12 pi pi 4.0K Feb 15 15:18 pi

Nvm, found an alternative to Filezilla in Cyberduck. Floob, you and Buzz are my heroes. All that’s left for me to do is get my N64 emulation up and running now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.